Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:46 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:46 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Box 19 with Aimee contains the £100,000

Emiliana says the money will do such a lot for her.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

And she escapes the OBW at the last minute

That's now 3 OPW's, a TPW and a TBW, so I'd say 5-0, one more game coming up on Valentine's day...

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:05 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

Goodbye Emiliana, one of the most beautiful ladies ever to grace Deal or No Deal

Enjoy the 8k :)

Not one of the bankers better themed weeks is it, the players are taking him apart at the moment :D

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:06 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

They sure are, I hope Valentine's Day also brings out more than a victory

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week
Administrator & Global Moderator

I had a feeling Emiliana would play today to follow on directly after Davey, but it seems odd that there was little mention of their possible 'relationship' yesterday and no mention of it at all today!

I reckon it could be Linda to play on Valentine's Day. Either way, Yaser's been there ages (Sunday will be his 28th show)!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week
International Forums Moderator

So it isn't Emiliana on Sunday, then. Bizarre.

A personal trainer. May get one of those myself at some point in the fairly distant future.

No system... horrible start, which isn't connected... ignore the opening offer, and look at how Noel is outrageously flirting with a contestant. You've only just married someone from the crew!

All-blue round amongst that, so the offer is now vaguely reasonable, but the stability makes it easy to play on.

Not stable any more. At least the penny dropped, though, and it is a block of three rather than an isolated top box. Is this better than the reverse 11-box board? Not a lot in it either way for me, so call it an average board at halfway. Offer reflects that, being just shy of ten grand.

Now we're in trouble. Momentum with the last box helps, though, and is reflected in an offer that is better than the pilgrims thought. Not quite good enough to take me out with the bonus offer but would be worth at least a cursory glance, and maybe more, in regular play.

Well we're going to get the Love God out, and... wow, he guesses right AGAIN? That's now less than a 1% chance of 3/3 that has come up, which looks suspicious even if it isn't. £14k... with £50k and £100k isolated, and one to open. I'd reckon on £21k (to match Davey) if the top two stay, and would play on with the anticipation of taking that, but only with the anticipation of that. If you're going to use that sort of justification for gambling, though, you might as well have saved the Love God to round 6, as I would have done even with the two-box game at eight-box.

"Noel says sometimes this game is about bravery, sometimes it's about seizing the moment." I don't know if he meant the two things to be opposites but they are both pointing in the same direction. Kevin phrases the question in terms of a regret balance (and with the 60% chances of taking out the £100k, if it's even close you should be dealing), the producer tries to influence things by making... an approximate guarantee, that's a new one... it'd be enough for me to chase it, but it's a brave decision to cut and run with a good amount when you have both losses to chase and a big guarantee as bait.

And of course it would have worked not to. Blast. Still, 10p in the box, so any other box left to the end and it'd have been a catastrophic game.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

matt26

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:27 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

8k was arguable either way really. There was a 60% chance of hitting the 100k and thus going away with no more than 1k, but if you didn't find it the offer would have ben 30k. A high risk, high reward scenario.

Interestingly, Emiliana is the lowest winner in Love Week so far, but £8,000 is still a good sum of money. That brings the current total to £134,000; much better than the Christmas special shows at any rate! And all three of the contestants given an opportunity to win a holiday have done so! Given the points at which they guessed their boxes, the chances of this are... 1 in 280! :o

Yaser's been on there for absolutely ages now! Maybe he'll end up being another 50-show Lucy...

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:50 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

If he does, we'll see if he wins a fiver :P

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:06 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

killersbee wrote:
And she escapes the OBW at the last minute

That's now 3 OPW's, a TPW and a TBW, so I'd say 5-0, one more game coming up on Valentine's day...

Not sure how you can class an £8k win with a peak offer of £29,500 as a point to the player (even if the proveout offer was a little high, it would have been more than £20k anyway to result in the TBW).

Was surprised to see Emiliana playing today and I bet Clive was delighted to get the 1p kiss (given that earlier in the week during the warm-up banter, they were trying to find a guy for Emiliana and Clive said he was single even though his wife was present in the audience).

For me, I'd have taken the £14k or at least have wanted to know what the increase would be for not hitting one of the top 2 (given the average would have only gone up about 20% from 6 box to 5 box). That's 3 games running that a player has not been tempted to go on after the banker has made a guarantee but unfortuantely today the banker got away with it.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:32 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

I don't know what to make of that game. The beginning was horrible, obviously uncomfortable for Emiliana to relate to her dad's sudden end to life...but hey ho the make-up was re-applied and away we went...with the £250,000 going early YET AGAIN! :shock: But it can't be the 12th in a row as Davey kept it until the fourth round yesterday...so cheers for that pathetic statement KB ;)

Back to the game though, it was looking up at the extra offer, and kudos to Emiliana, as Noel said she could have parted with four of the six remaining amounts, and the £50,000 going was ALWAYS going to send the offer down...simply because the Banker knew she'd have to deal on an all-or-nothing board due to her aspirations for uni etc.

And not for the first time, we had a massive amount of money left to the end...but not for the first time it wasn't on the table either, therefore still a feel-good end to the game! :)

So one more Love Week edition left...for the big day itself...Yaser should get it, being the longest runner and we've only had two males play this week compared to three females...but we shall see on Valentine's Day! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:34 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

£29,500 was fair - considering the banker had said before she dealt that the next offer would be in the region of £30,000 if she kept the £100,000.

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:37 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

Big-Davey wrote:
I don't know what to make of that game. The beginning was horrible, obviously uncomfortable for Emiliana to relate to her dad's sudden end to life...but hey ho the make-up was re-applied and away we went...with the £250,000 going early YET AGAIN! :shock: But it can't be the 12th in a row as Davey kept it until the fourth round yesterday...so cheers for that pathetic statement KB ;)

Back to the game though, it was looking up at the extra offer, and kudos to Emiliana, as Noel said she could have parted with four of the six remaining amounts, and the £50,000 going was ALWAYS going to send the offer down...simply because the Banker knew she'd have to deal on an all-or-nothing board due to her aspirations for uni etc.

And not for the first time, we had a massive amount of money left to the end...but not for the first time it wasn't on the table either, therefore still a feel-good end to the game! :)

So one more Love Week edition left...for the big day itself...Yaser should get it, being the longest runner and we've only had two males play this week compared to three females...but we shall see on Valentine's Day! :D

A female has always played on Valentines' Day, except last year when there wasn't a show on the day itself (though a female did play either side of Valentines' Day) - and last year there were 4 females and 2 males who played in love week.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:49 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

Very true...but if that were to be the case this year, Emiliana would have surely been a shoe-in choice...so odd that she was picked a show early!

Nevertheless, let's look at the females "on the radar" then...only Linda and Zoe! And the next three haven't done more than 13 shows yet! With so many males "on the radar" I honestly think we could be seeing a first this year...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:26 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

Another game where I'd have been really confused and unsure what to do, although I always feel you waste the Love God when you no-deal the offer on it anyway, though it was how brave she was in turning down £14k that stopped her getting a joke 5-box offer (6 months ago she'd have been offered £3k at 5-box instead of £8k!).

I guess the offer was really good, he had to promise a big offer at 2-box subject to £100k staying in the game. £8k tends to be a typical £35k/blue 2-box offer, so it was similar here, only with it being £30k/blue on a 60:40 biased coin, so a less generous gamble!

Too late, then too early and still a pocket change box sold for a healthy proft. Good as well given what the money was going to be used for - usually people with a story like that would have ended up with 10p in the box!!

:shock:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:41 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

Well I've been convinced for the past 3 weeks that Emiliana was being groomed for a Valentine's Day showdown with the Banker so my jaw nearly hit the floor when her name was called today. :shock:

It was an odd game, a bit of a rollercoaster with those runs of blues and reds sending the offers up and down and an interesting tactic to play the the love box as the second box in the round rather than the first which has been favoured up till now, Think Millie probably should have dealt that £14,000 to be honest though i can see the logic in going on one more box given the configeration she had. And as consolations prizes go £8k isn;t that bad.

Can't believe Chris guessed the contents of his box, that's three for three :smt023

With regards to the final offer the Banker did promise he would offer around £30k if she kept the big red in play so i think he was being true to his word rather than over-inflating on this occassion

We are rapidly running out of eye candy now though, hard to believe that three weeks ago there were 4 young hotties on the wings, now there's just Kim :(

sonicrules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:14 am    Author: sonicrules    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

What a topsy turvy game! 8 grand is a lot of money even though she could have had more, she'd had a good crack and had nothing to be ashamed of in my view, enjoyed the game, hope the money helps her a lot! :D

Also THOSE LEGS!!! lol or perhaps it was THAT short dress!!! She was totally gorgeous, I can't believe she was single! :)

Rich: I'm not really sure what's going on, but could you give me a clear signal when you've won us some booze! lmao

Fave contestants: Joey and Siobhan (tied), Charly

Rossano, Wrighty and Morris

wkd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:32 am    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 12/02 Emiliana - Love Week

Uncomfortable start with the recounting of the tragic personal circumstances. Slightly incongruous when Noel does the ‘Oprah’ stuff whilst dressed as a comedy Zeus with wings.

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]