Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:03 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:03 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:24 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Warnings: 0
The two blues are gone, but he should've left 7, I know I would

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:24 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Well had he dealt, we might be facing a banker's gamble here. This would have be more than the last offer otherwise it would be a fairly easy no-deal.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:24 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel says if Ben goes for it and wins £10k, it'd be a banker spanking.

Banker joke: What did the elephant say to the naked man? Can you breathe through that? :shock: :lol:

Banker's offer:

£5,000

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:25 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

killersbee wrote:
The two blues are gone, but he should've left 7, I know I would

Ben's grandson wasn't born on the 7th though.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben
International Forums Moderator

That's the sort of two-box generosity that I anticipated, and would have No Dealt entirely due to said anticipation. I'm outta here now.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:25 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Great offer, which I'd probably take in appreciation of the Banker's generosity!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:25 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Noel says that's right down the middle, and asks if Ben's pushed it far enough. Joyce yells out some words of wisdom. :P Ben says he could do a lot with £5,000.

Ben says DEAL

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:26 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

That was too close to the mean for me to no-deal too.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:26 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Ben has £10,000 in his box 4.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:26 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Let the Banker have the last laugh - Ben got generosity out of that man; something not many players manage to do!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:27 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

And the deal doesn't pay off for him, either chalk up one for The Banker

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:27 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Box 11 with Chris contains the £1,000

Ben says he's had a wonderful time. The banker phones and says he doesn't do this often, he's just phoning to honestly say that he'd have offered the swap. Ben says he'd have swapped, so Ben had the last laugh over the banker. :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:28 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Well it's an OBW to end a great week but the margin of it wasn't huge.

And we get the hint of the hypothetical swap being offered to give the spin of a feel-good ending.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:28 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Or maybe not...a bit rare for the Banker to admit to a defeat like that! :D Still an OBW though...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben
International Forums Moderator

A feel-good ending engineered by the Banker, to make a Deal look better.

Why can't we have more of that and less guilt-tripping?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:30 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Huh, why would The Banker do a 180, I didn't see him do that before when previous players had worse endings than Ben's? :shock: :?

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:33 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Unfortunately I missed the first two parts of today's game, though I couldn't help but be surprised that some of those jokes were allowed to air on daytime TV (not just because of their rudeness, but because of how incredibly unfunny they were! :P ).

It was a shame that he could have had double if he'd gone on, but £5,000 is a pretty good result out of a game that looked like it was heading for peanuts. It's been a good week overall though in terms of winnings - £118,250 in total (mean of £19,708.33 per contestant).

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Big-Davey wrote:
Aimee, 7am Monday morning, box opening school haha!!!

Is that how her name is spelt? I couldn't see her name badge properly and thought it said more than just "Amy". :?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:08 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

Yeah a close-up read "AIMEE" or "AMIEE"; I've never met anyone with the latter as a spelling

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:13 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 31/01 Ben

It's surely Aimee as Amiee would be really weird. I'll change it in the commentary to "Aimee" for now, and will check tomorrow to see how the official site spells her name!!

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]