Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:43 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 12:43 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
MisterAl wrote:
KP wrote:
That, folks, is a pretty good indicator that she made this decision at haste...

Speaking as a person who was in the same room as Tracey when she actually made that decision, I can tell you she made the decision in anything but haste...

There did seem enough description of it on this thread, actually, to imply as much. If anything, it might've been better for her to have made the decision quickly as she did at eight-box - if it took her so long, it was obviously a rather marginal call for her, and the marginal decisions are always the ones you can regret going wrong, either way round...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:19 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Very exciting game i thought, I fancied Tracey so I'm a bit biased here :D but I did think her brave and like to think i'd be saying the same thing even if she'd gone home with pocket change.

There was a steely glint in her eye that belied her carefree demeanour and i could sense that as long as the board was strong enough to justify it she was going to go for the kill. For all that though she did seem to weigh up the eight box and five box offers seriously, but in the end she was one of those people who would have regretted dealing early more than pushing her luck too far.

The 5 box offer was i thought quite dealable especially with 1p & 50p still out there, and i probably would have taken that myself but at the same time with two of the P5 in play she was perfectly justified in going on. If the £250k had been unprotected then it would have been reckless, as it stands it was a calculated risk.

Her partner was funny too, loved his comment as Tracey decided to open her "lucky" box "If this is the £35k it's going to be a long drive home"

Phil 09

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:07 pm    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Didn't see the outcome of Tracey's game yesterday as I had other commitments but watched it in its entirety in the Channel 4 repeat this morning.

A great outcome which had me on the edge of my seat at 5-box but reward for bravery which makes that two in the space of a week. The other being Courtney's game on Monday.

Two fine young women who showed how the game SHOULD be played. With risk comes reward and both Courtney and Tracey both proved that the risk/reward can and does pay off.

Well done to both of them and hope they enjoy their £30,000 and £35,000 respectively. :D

Phil.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:12 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

I missed this -what a shame-and just came on here to catch up.

This statement made me :laughing

h2005 wrote:
Well, if all 3 of these things happen as well...

a. someone deals at £50k, has the £250k in their box, then starts crying
b. Noel suggests that the viewers were throwing things at the TV because someone dealt at the third offer
c. everyone in the studio chants "BLUE, BLUE, BLUE" from the 2nd box onwards

...then you'll know we're definitely back in 2007...

Is it just me, or has there been a heck of a lot of outright smut on the show recently? Doesn't bother me in the slightest, mind, from the 'pretty nurse' comment on sunday, the captain always goes down with his ship, the full sex comment, 8 goes into 12 one and a half times...have they pumped pheromones into the studio? :whip

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:05 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Like Moxx, I fancied Tracey a bit too :oops:

Fantastic game and a great result.

Moxx and Big Davey didn't Tracey look beautylicious?

Good luck Tracey and enjoy the money. So confident and yet sensible at such a young age. Don't let her go, Glyn!

lcc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:31 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

great game thought tracy was great so glad she won big :smt023

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:04 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Kaledmutant wrote:
Like Moxx, I fancied Tracey a bit too :oops:

Fantastic game and a great result.

Moxx and Big Davey didn't Tracey look beautylicious?

Good luck Tracey and enjoy the money. So confident and yet sensible at such a young age. Don't let her go, Glyn!

Beautylicious? Or Bootyliscious?

Which reminds me - I wonder if Tracey named her salon before or after Tanya from EastEnders :lol:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

She did indeed Kaled! :D

Great game, it was the ONLY result worthy after showing bravery to go on at 5-box...when the £250,000 went I was simply muttering along the lines of "not surprised" and "typical"...£13,000 was still great at the end but when she went for it, I really hoped it paid off...and we were not disappointed!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:52 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

What an amazing game. I was hooked.

Really liked Tracey, she was lovely and had a decent attitude. Very pleased for her to get £35,000.

January has been a pretty good month. There have been some fantastic games. I've found myself getting really into some of the games, this one included. I knew I loved this show for a reason, and it's games like this.

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]