Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:59 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 2:59 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:47 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Tracey goes to her partner and he reminds her about games they have seen in the past where the £250,000 goes straight away after playing on. Tracey says the offer is making this difficult as if it was £17,000 she would have played on right away, but if it was £75,000 she would have dealt :P She calls her partner down for some support.

Tracey says

NO DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey
Administrator & Global Moderator

The sound man has placed a microphone next to his heart again. :lol: Those heartbeats often play if the biggest value is found in the round. Hope I'm wrong!

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Round 6

12 - £5,000 Emiliana

Tracey is struggling with box 2 so everyone tells her to leave it.

3 - £250,000 :( Becca

So much belief was shattered then says Noel

2 - 1p Jo

Banker time with 50p and £35,000 remaining

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:51 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

The Banker says Tracey has been so brave he won't mess around

Banker's offer:

£13,000

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Noel says he could have gone a lot lower there but he respects how brave Tracey has been. Linda talks odds on the gamble Tracey would taking if she played on.

Tracey says

NO DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Tracey can't watch the box being opened

Noel opens box 17 and reveals £35,000 :D

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey
Administrator & Global Moderator

Anyone tuning in would think she's just won £250,000! It looked like the end of Alice's game but without the confetti...

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Linda with box 19 contains the 50p

Noel reveals that Tracey's target that she wrote in the book was £40,000

Craig

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:58 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Wow, that was a fantastic game! She really deserved the £35,000! Great game for a great lass, Well done Tracey on £35,000!! :-D

A Banker Spanking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 pm    Author: A Banker Spanking    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

OOOOOOOOH what a brave girl and what a great game! To lose 250k on a 4 box then carry on to try and win 35k turning down 13k on a 2 box takes some guts!

She deserves every single penny. Well done! :D 8)

Good to see a spate of players being rewarded at the moment. Where they were not over Xmas.

matt26

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:01 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

What an absolutely incredible game! £22,500 and £26,000 were both well pitched IMO, and provided for very exciting television. The final box she picked was one of the most tense moments in ages... I was sure she was heading straight for 50p when she turned down £13,000, but luck was on her side and she got a £35,000 OPW instead! Apart from Glenda's game, this has been a great week for the contestants - £88,250 won so far!

No doubt that when KP does his one-post summary he'll rip into Tracey for turning down £13,000 and Noel for playing up the jackpot, though.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:08 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Not a bad game at all, well done Tracey and enjoy £35,000 :)

Looks like we have another love story brewing in the wings as well between Emiliana and Davey and so close to Love Week as well, much like Alfonso and Melissa from last year

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:24 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Now that's the way to do it, it ain't over till the last red is gone

What an ending for Tracey, another big win :D

eugenespeed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:28 pm    Author: eugenespeed    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Quite an insane post from another forum.

Quote:
Anyone else notice the huge edit just before box 3 was opened? Methinks they switched the contents and that the £250K wasn't originally in there.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:58 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

What a game! That was really tense from about 8-box, and the offers were well pitched in the latter stages, I think if the £22,500 had been £26,000, I probably would've taken it, not sure what I'd have done at 5-box, probably a no-deal due to the £35k and £5k, but the presence of the low blues makes it a tricky decision.

I thought she was particularly brave to turn down a decent consolation of £13k after the biggie going, I think I'm dealing anything over 10k there. Mad scenes at the end, everyone went berserk on the walk of wealth! Things are looking up lately certainly, let's hope it continues! :D

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:16 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Loved the way she didn't dare look at the end! Very dramatic indeed as I was never sure she was definitely no-dealing until she said it, so I was left guessing all the way - though the 2-box offer floored me with how good it was - typical with all the references earlier about it being 2007 again!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

matt26

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:14 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

James1978 wrote:
Loved the way she didn't dare look at the end! Very dramatic indeed as I was never sure she was definitely no-dealing until she said it, so I was left guessing all the way - though the 2-box offer floored me with how good it was - typical with all the references earlier about it being 2007 again!

Today's game was quite similar to Chantelle's from early 2007 actually, looking back. Both involved a player with high aspirations, a good board at 8-box which eventually led to a final 2 of pocket change vs £35,000 (in Chantelle's case it was the penny), which led to an extremely generous offer, which was no dealt, leading to a win of £35,000.

The thing is, if Tracey had won 50p she'd simply be remembered as another idiot that deserved to crash, up there with the likes of John G, Fin and Player 14. But since she was lucky enough to do well, instead she's considered 'brave' rather than foolish.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey
International Forums Moderator

Boiler bunny? Superman? Welcome to Deal or No Deal!

And she has a target. Guessing she'll be quite cautious then. Thread's only two pages at 9:25pm so definitely not a massive win.

Unlucky numbers first, and one big hit first box followed by an orange and two blues. Unsure what to do with the lucky number, so perhaps a swap offer first - nope, we get one of Wakey Winter generosity.

The Rock is not what we wanted to see. 10p, though, is. matt26 is thinking the same as me... crumbs, £75,000 goes, and that's going to mean £NO_DEAL at the second offer, meaning the first serves only as a means of incentivising chase-the-money play on a modest board... oh, OK, Tracey's going to big-up the jackpot and in return he's going to stick. And with a good third round we could be in for a genuinely dealable third offer, and if she's a targetist it's probably twenty grand, and we might be in for the guilt trip... Banker says the player's savvy enough to not chase the jackpot, but a £40k target is basically a sign of reckless gambling on almost any board. Not many people get offered £40k at any point in their game - maybe two a month at most?

Anyway, £16,500 was a recurring motif from a while back, and before I can start wondering if Love Never Dies will reuse any recurring motifs from Phantom of the Opera, we play on and get to a... rather early break, 4:35pm, with the top two and £35k intact... and now a blue goes! Talk of a lucky number... £22,500 is slightly more than Donna's eight-box on a slightly better board and both that and this are marginal No Deals for m... oh, OK, instantly gambling, she really is playing for the big money.

kestral wrote:
Tracey says sorry to her partner for saying no deal so quickly, but she was worried he would talk her into dealing.

Is this early 2007 all over again? Donna's game was December 2006 of course...

£100k goes. Ouch. But then an orange... and a blue! £35k still backing up the jackpot, and out comes the best-known recurring motif of all.

kestral wrote:
Tracey says the offer is making this difficult as if it was £17,000 she would have played on right away, but if it was £75,000 she would have dealt

The mean is £58,000, so, erm, yes. I'd take this in the absence of a Banker guarantee, but there's definitely room for a No Deal... she brings on the hubby, hinting at a Deal, but we don't get one! Never mind the risk-taking ability, she's got a knack for theatre...

Orange goes first... unsure about 2 again, leaves it alone... blast. Now we're going to use it, and if this is £35,000 it's one of the biggest crashes of all time... it's the penny! No nonsense, no messing, producer goads future players on by making a ridiculously high two-box bailout on an all-or-peanuts finish, which... erm, she turns down.

She actually turned down an offer that screamed 'Deal me, and demonstrate that gamblers can't actually win blues, thus making more people gamble'.

Corinne aside, I can't remember the last gamble so far removed from my personal utility curve, or indeed what I would expect typical viewers to do.

kestral wrote:
Tracey can't watch the box being opened

That, folks, is a pretty good indicator that she made this decision at haste, with the potential to regret at leisure. Remember Tony's similar gamble at slightly higher stakes from a similar position with bonus offers? As DanJudge pointed out at the time, that game triggered a run of (successful) caution that lasted for weeks, and which he iconified with his 11-box OPW. This flip of the lid could shape the whole of February.

And one flash of red sends the whole place crazy.

The burden of responsibility for ensuring this does not become another Wakey Winter now falls to two people. Noel is one, of course, and I thoroughly expect him to derogate from that responsibility; the other is Statgirl Linda. It is peculiarly coincidental that the last Statgirl I can remember was Georgina, from the original Wakey Winter; she got ruthlessly edited out for talking sense, and made a questionable No Deal herself. Linda's already got more in the edit than Georgina did all through the wing run, and is presumably pencilled in for a twist game...

matt26 wrote:
The thing is, if Tracey had won 50p she'd simply be remembered as another idiot that deserved to crash, up there with the likes of John G, Fin and Player 14. But since she was lucky enough to do well, instead she's considered 'brave' rather than foolish.

And some of us are morally consistent enough to put the same label on the ones that luck out and the ones that don't. Foolhardy.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:55 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

KP wrote:
That, folks, is a pretty good indicator that she made this decision at haste...

Speaking as a person who was in the same room as Tracey when she actually made that decision, I can tell you she made the decision in anything but haste...

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:14 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 28/01 Tracey

Wow. What a great show. Certainly not a Noel-encouraged gamble from what was shown on TV but a player that made a decision at 8 box that was probably statistically justifiable, a very brave 5-box decision and the kind of 2-box decision that makes DOND such great viewing.

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]