Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:18 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:18 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:05 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

Warnings: 0
James1978 wrote:
It still makes me laugh that Noel thinks anything which isn't one of the top two values after 5-box is cheerable though. I thought cheering £35k in that situation was nuts (excuse the pun....)!!

If she had taken both blues out first, then you'd cheer the £35k going so there's no reason why a blue, £35k, blue scenario shouldn't be cheered too.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:11 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

Simon F wrote:
James1978 wrote:
It still makes me laugh that Noel thinks anything which isn't one of the top two values after 5-box is cheerable though. I thought cheering £35k in that situation was nuts (excuse the pun....)!!

If she had taken both blues out first, then you'd cheer the £35k going so there's no reason why a blue, £35k, blue scenario shouldn't be cheered too.

I agree about that but it was bad if the next box wasn't the blue (as it proved)!! (Was the same in a similar situation in Artak's game too).

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:40 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

h2005 wrote:
You seem to get really angry and frustrated with low wins, but when big ones do come along (such as today's), you don't seem that fussed! :?

Because I still can't get over the shocking win, I'm gonna ignore that ;)

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell
Administrator & Global Moderator

I agree with James1978; I thought it was very odd that Noel (and others) cheered the £35k going with such enthusiasm! It reminded me of the early days of the show when they used to disproportionately groan or cheer at certain values going! (E.g. cheering the loss of the £100k on a blue/£100k/£250k board or groaning at the loss of the £10k at an early stage in the game.)

bb67

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:41 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

Great game, so pleased we have a power 5 win at last. :-D

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:20 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

Great game.

Shell was brave, but not reckless, the £26k 5-box offer was definately worth considering (and probably would have been enough for me) but with three of the P5 in play there was good reason to go on.

To be honest after that disastrous first round i wasn't holding out high hopes for this game but it worked out quite nicely.

Interesting that the first P5 win in- how long? 6 weeks? - didn't lead to a pitch invasion, have the wings been told nothing short of confetti should shift them from their posts before the official walkdown i wonder?

maggieq

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:30 am    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

:D well done Shell.l didnt expect her game to amount to very much after a poor start.
it just goes to show that"its not how you start,its how you finish"
enjoy spending all that dosh.

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:40 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

Always good to see the banker beaten when he offers old faithful. Her logic was 3 amounts higher than 26K therefore no deal, but with a 10% risk of complete annihilation it was a brave decision! :)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:58 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

rico7 wrote:
Always good to see the banker beaten when he offers old faithful. Her logic was 3 amounts higher than 26K therefore no deal, but with a 10% risk of complete annihilation it was a brave decision! :)

I wonder...how many times has a player turned down £26,000 and went on to have an OPW? (MisterAl) Considering his original box contained just £20,000 then Bunney is one...(MisterAl?)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:05 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

Simon F wrote:
James1978 wrote:

Yeah, by that point it was assured that one of the top 2 would stay and she wasn't going to have the worst possible round. If the £35k had gone in the first box though, I do think the clapping would have been more cautious.

Davey: Theresa from September 2007 also turned down £26k at 5-box then dealt £52k at 2-box for an OPW.

lcc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:22 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

excellent win shell ,you were so calm about it all aswell enjoy the money :smt023

danavir7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:47 pm    Author: danavir7    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

You had the courage shell and this time it was rewarded. You deserved the £50,000 and enjoy spending the money. danavir

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:35 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

rico7 wrote:

If you are going to no deal at 2 box anyway, then it's more logical to turn down over 80% of the mean at 5 box. With the info the banker gave her, anyone not willing to gamble on a red/blue finish would have made a bad decision statistically to no deal £26k.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:54 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 18/01 Shell

Brilliant game! Shell was great, and I loved her attitude. And finally, some courage is rewarded!

I could feel something big was going to happen at the start of the last part. It was tense, especially at 3-box.

I personally would have taken £26,000 but to see her go on at that was awesome. I wonder if her answer to the £10,000 at 2-box was actually as quick as it was on the edit.

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]