Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:37 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:37 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:53 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
killersbee wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Lyn is a man!

Oh whoops! My bad... :oops:

I thought the stubble sort of gave it away...

haha :)

nevadajo7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:55 pm    Author: nevadajo7    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

well done lyn n lyn :) xxx

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

Another cautious 5-Box Deal that pays off, just

1 more like that and I may have to start thinking that being cautious isn't such a bad idea

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:34 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

I feel quite depressed after that game......well done anyway lyn..hope you had a nice holiday x

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

A game that never really got going. The 11 box offer was quite generous (just over half the mean on a board with only 2 of the power 5 and a money ladder). £6k certainly seemed a little low on that board but thank goodness Lyn was cautious and got an TPW.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:36 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

Not a particualrly enjoyable game to be honest. Lyn just seemed downcast and demoralised throughout the whole thing and his wife had a face like a slapped backside. Obviously something must have happened off camera before the show for them to be like that! I don't think it was really the bad luck he was having, most people would have been like "Well I've still got the £100k etc......".

At least he doubled his box contents and only missed out on a couple of grand by dealing too late.

And everyone suddently seems to have this obsession with leaving Box 22 to the end at the moment, it's as if it has some magic power! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

James1978 wrote:
Not a particualrly enjoyable game to be honest. Lyn just seemed downcast and demoralised throughout the whole thing and his wife had a face like a slapped backside. Obviously something must have happened off camera before the show for them to be like that! I don't think it was really the bad luck he was having, most people would have been like "Well I've still got the £100k etc......".

At least he doubled his box contents and only missed out on a couple of grand by dealing too late.

And everyone suddently seems to have this obsession with leaving Box 22 to the end at the moment, it's as if it has some magic power! :)

I agree, it was a very flat/disappointing game. I thought the editing indicated a big finish but instead loads of stuff between him and and his wife was left in. I thought the 6K deal was a bit flat as well.

bb67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:45 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

Kinda average today in gameplay terms i thought, was never going to be a big money game.

Nice result though, happy for Lyn as he was quite good on the wings, it was a sensible deal IMO.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:49 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

As others have noted that was rather a lacklustre game, Lyn had no luck really and any game where the peak offer is £8500 has clearly failed to get off the ground. And yes there was a definate atmosphere - and not the usual one.
Still at least he managed to get out before the game went completely down the toilet (though when he said "I didn't come here for three grand" I had an uneasy feeling it mighht just be in his box :-D )

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

Yes, a difficult game to get into, had a strange atmosphere to it and perhaps a bit too much intervention by his wife leading up to the deal, I felt maybe he wanted to go on but she made it slightly awkward for him. £6k was decent, but I think I'd have gone on - 8k would've been about my tipping point. Pretty mediocre win but at least it wasn't a complete disaster.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

ciderduck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:27 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

James1978 wrote:
Not a particualrly enjoyable game to be honest. Lyn just seemed downcast and demoralised throughout the whole thing and his wife had a face like a slapped backside. Obviously something must have happened off camera before the show for them to be like that!

I have to say, that was indeed quite painful to watch. Was the barney between husband and wife only brought up by way of explaining how damned miserable everyone seemed during that...and showing the 'kiss' too? I'm sure I am not the only one to think there was more going on than a row about giving up cigs? it really was one of those games that just wanted to fast forward, rather than engage with. Odd how that happens, isn't it :| At least there was 6k in it for them, I think a D.I.V.O.R.C.E might have been on the cards had he ended up with a blue :shock:

lcc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:44 am    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

missed the game sounds like didnt miss much :smt105

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:48 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

I actually started to get a bit bored while watching this.

Not really enjoyable at all, Lyn just seemed demoralised and there was far too much about him and his wife left in. So they had a row, woop de doo. Now just focus on the game, oh wait..we're back to him and his wife talking.

Can't blame him for dealing when he did though.

I do hope we have a better game today, both in atmosphere and result.

matt26

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 06/01 Lyn

Yeah, it wasn't that great a game. Lyn was quite quiet throughout the whole game. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but he didn't seem like the sort of person to be like that. The fact that he didn't have much luck in the game itself didn't help either. I have to say, I though 6k was a pretty poor offer for the board, and was surprised that he took it. Granted, there was a 60% chance of taking out the 100k, but I'd need at least 8k to deal on that board...

After some of the great games we saw at the start of December, so far January's been a bit flat. Hopefully that changes soon.

[ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]