Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:01 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:01 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:07 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: 29/11 Ronnie
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Ronnie's game today.

Noel welcomes us to the Dream Factory, but wonders if that is the right name for it as it could be called the 'Torture factory', and then goes into a big speech about his feelings and how no one shows him any sympathy for all the emotions he goes through in the games :lol:

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:08 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

Well that must be one of the weirdest opening speeches from Noel.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:09 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie
Administrator & Global Moderator

kestral wrote:
Noel welcomes us to the Dream Factory, but wonders if that is the right name for it as it could be called the 'Torture factory', and then goes into a big speech about his feelings and how no one shows him any sympathy for all the emotions he goes through in the games :lol:

What!

Has he forgotten all the sympathy I showed him?

Like when I congratulated him for winning his award last December?

And when I put my arm around him when he looked a bit lonely and emotional after Alice's game?

And when I asked him if he was afraid of dying?

What more does he want?

:lol:

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

h2005 wrote:
kestral wrote:

What!

Has he forgotten all the sympathy I showed him?

Like when I congratulated him for winning his award last December?

And when I put my arm around him when he looked a bit lonely and emotional after Alice's game?

And when I asked him if he was afraid of dying?

What more does he want?

:lol:

Given Noel's selective memory, he's probably forgotten you by now.

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:12 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

Ronnie has box 2 today. Ronnie is a retired policeman and walked the beat for 16 years, and Noel jokes that was an old concept of the police actually walking the beat :P Ronnie talks about how he had dreams of becoming a football player but was told he wasn't good enough so he joined the army. He presents Noel and the crew a plaque from his army regiment, and Noel sends the plaque to the Banker to have a look at.

Ronnie shows a picture of himself in the police, and another picture of him and his wife on their wedding day. Ronnie's wife is with him for support today.

Noel thinks that as Ronnie has been in the army and police force he will have a system, but he doesn't.

Here we go...

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:12 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

I guess we're going to see a 999 motive again today then.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

Simon F wrote:

Aww, I was hoping he'd have pictures of me on his bedroom wall...

I like the clothing on today's show. Noel with the massive roses on his shirt; Bev with a cow-skin top; and Harry with some multi-coloured disaster/achievement (delete as appropriate).

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie
International Forums Moderator

Simon F wrote:

If I was prone to making flippant remarks about Noel, I'd say "yes, because he dealt before two-box and it was the right thing to do".

I think the right word here is 'motif' rather than 'motive', but I may be wrong. I only know the former through its use in musical theatre, although the meaning is similar here (just as a theatre composer might reuse a small melodic fragment in different contexts, so the Banker will reuse the 999 fragment in various offers through the game - the extra element is recurring motifs across games, most famously £26,000).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

KP wrote:
Simon F wrote:

If I was prone to making flippant remarks about Noel, I'd say "yes, because he dealt before two-box and it was the right thing to do".

That doesn't sound like you at all though.

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:16 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

Round 1

15 - £15,000 Harry

Noel and newbie Helen joke about where she comes from and there is confusion as she comes from Nottingham but was originally from Ireland :P

6 - £1 Newbie Helen

16 - £5,000 Freddie

Ronnie says he was determined to play the board and not have favourite boxes, but now he has remembered a couple of birthdays that he will keep. Box 21 and 17 will be kept until he feels he needs them.

12 - £250 Andy

10 - £1,000 Dan

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:17 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

The Banker thanks Ronnie for the gift, and has a gift for Ronnie in return and it is a DoND plate which he nicked from the tea set :lol:

Banker's offer:

£8,500

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

I'm sure Dan didn't have that massive tattoo on his right arm before today's show! :?

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

Ronnie says

NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

Dear Ronnie. Box-choosing order doesn't matter, except for having a system that prevents you from thinking 'if only I'd picked that box instead!'. Playing the board as opposed to playing for a fixed target, that be another matter, and a more relevant one.

Good start, opening offer well in line with recent trends, obvious decision.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:20 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

Round 2

1 - 10p Peter

19 - £10 Hollie

This is very, very good says Noel, and he offers Ronnie a break...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

This certainly is very, very good. Let's hope he plays it the right way - and, indeed, that it doesn't collapse just as the ADP is looming, like the game that aired on 4 Music earlier.

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

We're back
Last box before the Banker

Angela next, and she says she saw the Banker last night when she was at the bingo! She says she saw a lonely man in the corner of the room who won £50! The Banker calls back and says that Angela won £10!

8 - 50p Angela

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

Noel says that Ronnie is very hard to read as his face doesn't give anything away.

Banker's offer:

£13,750

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:28 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

Ronnie thinks about how far around the world on a cruise that sort of money would get him, but Noel doesn't think he will leave yet.

Ronnie says

NO DEAL

kestral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 29/11 Ronnie

Ronnie says he was very close to going then, and Noel thinks he could well go at the end of this round, but that doesn't usually work out to well for the contestant.

Round 3

21 - 1p Emma

17 - £750 Michelle

22 - £20,000 Neil

Banker time

[ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]