Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:54 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Ceri
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Just what the contestants needed after Rio won 1p! A very good game. :smt023

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:54 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Ceri

Well done Ceri, enjoy the 22k! :-D

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:12 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Ceri

Great feel-good game after yesterday - just what we needed! :D Interesting 5-box configuration there, I might have gone on actually, with only a 10% chance of complete peanuts finish, otherwise a respectable 10k+ get-out, and a 30% of an all mega money finish. Then again, for a maximum of 3 times the offer, is it worth the risk? I'd be tempted to go on with these boards, but I'm not sure whether it would be a wise decision to!

Anyway, well done Ceri for spanking the banker!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

KP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Ceri
International Forums Moderator

One-post time. And we start with Noel attempting to goad the players on. Again. And just to ram the point home, we get another young lady from South Wales. Wonder how many times the other two will get mentioned today, eh?

Oh, the 1p goes first box and Noel uses that as the paper-thin excuse to maintain a theme of 'this game is totally different, so don't Deal for crying out loud'. The £100,000 going when Noel mentions it is sweet poetic justice on him, and with three blues and an orange going, we have my textbook average opening round. The opening offer is from the summer 2006 textbook, and is a bit lower than recent trends.

Olly was from Hull? I thought he was from Essex, or was there another one? Oh greeny points out the confusion... just as the jackpot goes. Well, that spares us the worst of Noel, but sets us up for another nasty game. Second offer is inevitably £SPEEDBUMP.

Five reds in a row, there, and only the last was an orange. Even so, to offer less than four grand here is a waste of his time and ours.

At least the minimum win has gone up with the first box of round four... and that's the all-blue! Crikey, is it really 3-1 to her in Power 5s? It is you know, but the other four boxes are three higher blues and an orange. The Banker talks up the 1-in-56 shot, I'd be more worried about leaving a one-box game myself. The wings aren't, and use fallacious logic to help talk her into a No Deal that she may not have made on her own. Noel, of course, is loving it...

...and so are we after that! £22,000 feels dreadful, but with a 60% chance of a super-volatile final two maybe it isn't. I'd probably have gone with Old Faithful were I in the Banker's shoes here, and probably wouldn't deal anything less... but she's a targetist, and she's out of here and nobody and nothing can talk her out of that. And to be honest, a targetist should be dealing here, as they ain't gonna get any more from a two-colour finish.

50p goes, Noel gets all excited about the guilt-trip... ain't gonna get one! And it's an OPW from good play! £12k is the kind of two-box offer I'd hope to scare the Banker into with a quick ND at five-box, and I would take it. I think the two justifications for No Dealing there are a) you're happy to win a blue from that position; b) a 10% disaster chance doesn't scare you and you're happy with a 90% chance of at least the value of a Brand New Car. Notwithstanding the fact I wouldn't spend it on a car, it's b) which applies to me.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Ceri

Odd tactics by the banker today, the 8 box offer was probably about £3-4k too low to be dealable and for me, the 5 box offer was probably the same amount higher than I expected.

A classic case of a 5 box configuration that should only have been no-dealt if you were willing to no-deal the 60% chance of the red/blue finish.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:07 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Ceri

The antithisis to Rio's Game. It really did look for a while like Ceri was going to have another train wreck but thankfully it picked up in the second half. And what a wonderful result.

£22k was a nice sum to win though with three of the P5 still in play i probably would have been tempted to play on. Most importantly her decision was completely vidicated. Only a hypo swap could have induced any sort of guilt trip there.

Congratulations to Ceri, very well played.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:48 am    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Ceri

Woo hoo! A fab uplifting game after yesterday. GREAT game in the end and super fab win and banker spanking for Ceri! Soo pleased for her. Have a fabulous wedding and trip to Disney too! And so lovely to help out her sis as well. HOORAY!!! :-D

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:03 am    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Ceri

No wonder she seemed nervous given she'd seen a 1p win, a nothing win and another blue (Alex) in the last 5 games! She did well to turn down the £9,000 given that and I was very pleased both Noel and the Banker recognised that. After taking a risk then dealing and having the blue in the box was a happy ending that should make the rest of the 22 a bit more confident. I thought the proveout offer of £12k seemed a tad high, but well if she'd had the courage to turn down the £22k I guess the banker would have to play to that, but I tend to think he's cruel on all-or-peanuts these days!

An excellent win anyway, well done!

(And good comedy too with Harry - it's about time they had someone else on the wings to focus on apart from Mary, she was hogging all the limelight! :) )

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Phil 09

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:33 am    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Ceri

A great game played by Ceri. Just the turnaround we needed given some pretty poor games of late. None could be worse than Rio's two days ago, and currently so far this November. (Could it??)

I could see right away that the 5-box £22,000 offer she would deal without too much hesitation, and the proveout round went almost peach perfect, but still £10,000 up on the final offer so that was officially a Banker spanking when she brought only £100 to the table. :D

Enjoy the money, Ceri. And good luck with your wedding next year. :)

Quote:

(And good comedy too with Harry - it's about time they had someone else on the wings to focus on apart from Mary, she was hogging all the limelight!)

I can see Mary's game being aired before this week is out. Do you think maybe Noel may present that show hidden in the back row behind the Pilgrims? :lol:

Phil.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:05 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Ceri

James1978 wrote:

(And good comedy too with Harry - it's about time they had someone else on the wings to focus on apart from Mary, she was hogging all the limelight! :) )

And Katie as well, don't forget Katie, That was probably my favourite bit "The Banker was really out of breath when he arrived this morning"

Old Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:17 am    Author: Old Faithful    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Ceri

Moxx of Balhoom wrote:
James1978 wrote:

And Katie as well, don't forget Katie, That was probably my favourite bit "The Banker was really out of breath when he arrived this morning"

Unless my ears deceived me, I'm sure he mentioned 'pulling a muscle' as well... :shock: :smt047 :lol:

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]