Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:13 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:13 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:14 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Warnings: 0
Poor Wakey - every time someone has swapped for Box 4, they've always won a blue, including 2 1p's! :shock:

I don't know if it was the editing but as soon as he turned down the £5k, he seemed resigned to taking out the £75k and regretted it straight away, I knew there wasn't enough time left for him to keep it to 2-box, given the length of time it took up for him to decide, when that happens I always want them to deal, and I said to myself when he no-dealt that he'd win 1p. Very painful indeed, it was almost like 1p Trevor's game but for the £75k rather than £250k!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:29 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Poor Rio, he looked so gutted, oh I so felt for him and his wife, too sad a game, what a shame. Nothing more to add. :cry:

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:32 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

The other I've just thought is last time a game was played when the 16th of the month fell on a Monday (March) was also someone from E11 winning 1p (Colin), with the same last pair and indeed the same last 3 boxes!! Only difference is Rio swapped.

The other thing Rio did which i didn't think was too clever but in the end deemed irrelevant was he made out he was after whatever the offer would be on a £75k/something else finish, which could have given the baker the excuse to put in a joke offer or even a swap if it had remained with one of the three hobo blues. Never possible with the orange at the table though!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

MisterAl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:06 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Phil 09 wrote:
As Matt26 said, three 1p winners and season 5 is slightly less than 3 months old.

Rod, Michelle, Aurora and now Rio. I make that four myself...

Anyway, I saw this one being recorded. It was my first visit to the studios since I went and saw Michelle's 1p win being recorded. Which in turn came not long after I'd been in the audience for Rod's 1p win. If I were a superstitious person, it'd be about now that I'd start to think my presence in the audience is a bit of a jinx...

matt26

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:01 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

MisterAl wrote:
Phil 09 wrote:
As Matt26 said, three 1p winners and season 5 is slightly less than 3 months old.

Rod, Michelle, Aurora and now Rio. I make that four myself...

You're right. My mistake.

Still, having 4 1p winners within a couple of months (or therabouts) of each other is terrible. I swear it's the most won blue amount by now...

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:23 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Didn't really bother watching this game in full as the DOND facebook group spoilt it this evening. Another unlucky game compounded with swapping the 1p onto the pound table.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:35 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

It is indeed, followed by the £1 with 22 members.

Anyway, difficult to take many positives from that game unfortunately, pretty much relentless bad luck compounded by the swap going wrong. It's a shame because Rio was a likeable contestant and popular in the wings I think, and I expect the atmosphere was understandably downcast after this win. It's so frustrating to see so many blue wins in season 5 (16 and a 'nothing'!), this can't continue, hopefully better luck tomorrow!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:58 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

I don't think there's anything i can add that hasn't already been said, some terrible bad luck there and it always feels worse when a player admits that they need the money.
With hindsight he should have maybe dealt at 5 box (5 box offer higher than 80% of the board= always worth considering) but it was worth a punt.

East-Wing-Emma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:59 pm    Author: East-Wing-Emma    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

Rio's game was a real heartbreaker and didnt deserve it at all. They went for it and unfortunately it didn't pay off. Rio and Ana are a wonderful couple who may not be wealthy in life but are in love with each other and a beautiful family. It was a pleasure meeting them and from staying in touch with them, know they are both doing well in life after dond.

PS I'd love to know how I have become known as Wakey KP!! A lot of editing takes place on the show. I tend to tell it like it is and give both sides of how the game could go just to bring people back to reality (something which some contestants asked of me, not something I decided to just bring on myself as I am no expert - i am a stay at home mum from Essex for godness sake ). If the editing team decide they want to make it look as if I am pushing for a deal/no deal then so be it. It is something I have no control over.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:06 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/11 Rio

East-Wing-Emma wrote:
I'd love to know how I have become known as Wakey KP!!

I for one, don't think that

And it wouldn't be the first time, KP has got himself into trouble :-D

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]