Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:04 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:04 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Someone called Mike Hunt signed up to the forum not long ago. I enjoyed discussing with kestral how Mike Hunt had signed up to the forum. :lol:

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

No need for the sarky comments, were only human ;)

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:19 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

DanS wrote:
h2005 wrote:
kestral wrote:
The Banker likes the cruelty of Shaz to her son by naming him Zonk, and he then reels off a list of cruel names he has met throughout his life!

I'm surprised the banker didn't mention Wayne Kerwin. I seem to remember Noel was in hysterics earlier in the year when a contestant revealed her relative had that name...

I was hoping to hear Mike Hunt. I knew it wouldn't be on, a little too risqué for a Channel 4 evening, but I'd have fallen out of my chair in hysterics if he did. :lol:

If it was on later we would've heard that and possibly Richard Head.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:26 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

Finally great to see an all-blue round from 5-box when it really mattered, though I am rather disappointed she didn't go for it at 2-box (and I'd have probably said that if the lower amount had been in the box too!) - I suspect most people would be still happy with £5,000 after a game that was looking like a trainwreck. Tricky though, it was either double your money or halve it, if you don;t think about it on a linear scale! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:52 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

Yeah good all blue round at the right moment there! Nice player and 10K is a super sum to go away with! Enjoy yer dosh Shaz! :-D

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz
International Forums Moderator

One-post summary. Beginning with praise for Bibs for playing out of character just long enough to double her money.

If 22 really is the death box surely it's good to have it on the table? Anyway, on we go, and in a hilarious twist, the person who says 'you can't change it in DoND' is a Mary. Amazing coincidence as h2005 points out. This distracts attention from a decent opening round, no more and no less than that. Quirky opening offer, moderate generosity.

Ooh, that's a nasty round. The Banker makes one joke remark and one joke offer, and we move on. Cracking third round, goes some way to repairing the damage of the second; offer reflects that, being just above the first. It's still not dealable, not yet, but it's time to start treading carefully because the next one probably will be.

Especially after taking out two blues to run into the adbreak... oh. Blast. £3,000 with £50k, £20k and two oranges at eight-box? Oh come on.

And there goes the £50k. Feels like an unavoidable trainwreck at present but £20k and an orange are still there... £NO_DEAL again... all-blue! And crikey, for that sort of finish that's stingy... but it's enough! Never thought I'd see a conservative Deal on a finish like that! Noel says he doesn't know what he'd have done there - oh yes he does! Still, it spares us a guilt trip, so more of the same please Noel!

In response to James: double-or-halve finishes. Believe it or not, on the UK board there's only one other possible final two that can produce that - £750/£3,000 with a £1,500 offer!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

Some pointless trivia: The last show which fell on 15th November (which was in 2007, as 2008 was a Saturday) was also played by a woman called Shaz...

matt26

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:33 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

It's always good to see someone make a comeback from a seemingly inevitable trainwreck.

The deal at the end was surprising, but there have been far worse deals throughout the show's history. Enjoy £10,000 Shaz. :D

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:36 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

KP wrote:
In response to James: double-or-halve finishes. Believe it or not, on the UK board there's only one other possible final two that can produce that - £750/£3,000 with a £1,500 offer!

It's strange that there are only 2 finishes/offers that can produce that. Has anyone ever had the £750/£3,000 finish with a £1,500 offer? The closest I can think of is Stevie (1) with her £1,300 offer on a £500/£3k final 2.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:38 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

Is that the first time someone has played on the anniversary of a namesake? I reckon there's a good chance of two of the Johns/Davids/Pauls etc doing that, it's weird given there have only been 3 contestants called Shaz! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:59 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

A Mark played on 01/11/05, and another Mark played on 01/11/06!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:16 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

Very up and down game, control of the board really yo-yoed between Shaz & the Banker. Thought the £10,000 deal was a little cautious given that finl two but probably close enough to the mean to be justifiable. Given the circumstances Shaz was bold to hold out as long as she did.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:28 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

Nice for Shaz to get £10k out of a game that seemed to be heading for another trainwreck. Tough decision at 2 box, I was reckoning on an £11k offer for those 2.

lcc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:07 pm    Author: lcc    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

enjoy youre money shaz a good offer really think i,d been tempted t go on which i think shaz was really but sometimes gotta play it safe :-)

cfd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:44 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 15/11 Shaz

KP wrote:

Sorry KP but I can't help myself :D

£250 and £1,000 as a final two does it as well :)

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]