Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:13 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:13 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Debs says £250 would pay their medical bills for a year and £100 wouldn't.

Debs says NO DEAL

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

ARGH!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

Noel says he thought Debs was going to say deal there.

Debs wins £750 from her box 16.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

8 - Mary - £100

Noel says Debs is a lesson in how to treat life and take knocks.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

We, at least she got the highest blue amount which is okay I suppose :?

But I predicted this one from the start, a very cautious Deal led to a blue win, it's so predictable!

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:05 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

She probably should have taken the £12,500 when there was nothing between £1k and £50k on the board, tempting to go on with the three big ones but it was a gambler's board - would have been the right deal for her I think and an OPW as well as it turned out!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:15 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

Yeah, it would've lead to an OPW for sure

AnneM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:38 pm    Author: AnneM    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

:smt023 Shame Debs didn't win more but she was happy with any amount and shows that she treated it as it is, a game of chance. Good luck to her and her lovely family.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:02 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

I know it was in her own hands at one point, but why does this keep happening to the really nice ones? :(

Gutted for her...hope her and the family are doing well wherever they're located now...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs
International Forums Moderator

Oh joy. A comedy twist to an 11-box offer that was the right Deal for her causes her to utterly ignore it, play on instantly, and neowwwwboom.

The fact that most players, including me, would have gone all the way does not make this any less of a self-inflicted trainwreck. At least she took it well!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Joey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:46 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

I thought she was going to be the first 2nd offer dealer, given how long she dithered over the 10 grand.

After the third round, I was expecting the Banker to offer around 7 grand so was amazed when he actually went up to 12 and a half!

When Noel revealed the offer, my immediate reaction is that she was going to deal at 11 box. So I was even more amazed when she batted away the offer without a moment's thought!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:30 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

12.5K was dealable for a cautious player but I wouldn't have advised a deal there. 1K was one of the most shocking offers ever and it made no sense to deal the 3K given £750 + 1K were there.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:07 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

And also, that's 2 days running £750 has come to the table

matt26

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm    Author: matt26    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

I have to say, I was surprised that Debs spent a while thinking about £10,000, yet very quickly said no deal to £12,500 after a not so good round. The offers after that were really rubbish though; 1K with the 50K and 75K still there was terrible. Other players have been offered around 8 or 9K on that board. Ditto 3K on a 5-box with the 75K.

Still, £750 isn't too terrible; it's enough for a short holiday somewhere.

debs_west_wing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:19 pm    Author: debs_west_wing    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

hello! thanks for the interest and comments on my game. wow, it all went in a blur so was really good to see it again as i've been reliving it for the past 6 months, wondering what i should have done differently! (it's a lot easier with hindsight :) ). i did deliberate for ages at 12,500 as that's obviously so much money to us but it did come across like i 'no dealed' immediately and fairly carelessly. i think i was taking so long to play the game that they had to chop lots out. anyway, on another day we could have won big but it wasn't to be. i really enjoyed my game; noel's so genuinely lovely and puts you at ease and the pilgrims and other contestants really help to make you feel relaxed, so despite the result, it was a really good experience. i hope anyone who's thinking of applying does so and wish them the best of luck.

debs xx

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:29 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

Well, that was so gutting as she had personalised the game so much, but like a lot of others I thought she may have taken the £12,500 given her circumstances, and it wouldn't have been the worst deal anyone's ever done by far. I mean, Dan took £13,000 in July at 11-box with 3 of the power 5 remaining and it worked out perfectly for him. But that's the nature of the game I suppose, hindsight being a wonderful thing.

It was good to see she wasn't too upset at the result (at least visibly, of course she'd have been disappointed), and it was quite a fun game with some great jibes back at Noel, and you had to admire Deb's positive outlook throughout, shame it didn't work out for her.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

debs_west_wing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:34 pm    Author: debs_west_wing    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

StatsMan wrote:
t was good to see she wasn't too upset at the result (at least visibly, of course she'd have been disappointed), and it was quite a fun game with some great jibes back at Noel, and you had to admire Deb's positive outlook throughout, shame it didn't work out for her.

yes, i was disappointed, BUT i do happen to have the best husband in the world and can't believe my luck i got him, so you have to keep these things in perspective. it's not like i lost any money! (although my eternity ring got nicked during halloween week which was probably even more disappointing than the result of my game as it was an irreplaceable antique nick gave me when romero was born :( )

BoxClever

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:50 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

Which past contestant do we think those scraps of paper found at the hotel belonged to, then? :ponder:

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:11 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

Oh, I am sorry to hear you 'lost' your ring, of course that would've meant a great deal to you.

My comment was precisely about contestants that perhaps completely lose perspective (in my eyes anyway) at the end of the game and are practically inconsolable and unable to cope when they have taken a gamble and it goes wrong (some don't seem to believe it could ever go wrong... :roll: )

In the end, family and friends are the most important things in life to most people, money of course provides that extra security that we would all like, but the main thing is to enjoy life and overcome setbacks along the way. I wish you all the best for the future.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Phil 09

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:32 am    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Debs

Hello Debs.

I enjoyed your game immensely and wish it was far more rewarding for you and yours. But then such is life.

And as you rightly mentioned about the silver lining. £750 may not seem a whole lot but as the Tesco advert goes... 'Every little helps'. Your chat with the Banker though made me laugh. I wonder if future contestants may use the Banker's confession against him in future? :lol:

All the best in the future. I honestly did think that you may have dealt after round two. I can only recall one person who ever did, name escapes me and even Noel was like, "Whaa??"

And much to his regret lost out on a potential £100,000 in his box. I think it's on YouTube somewhere.

Phil.

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]