Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:17 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:17 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:29 am    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 05/11 Owain - Bonfire Night Special

Warnings: 0
Simon F wrote:
Deal was sensible today as was the proveout offer - we're never going to see a repeat of the Jennifer offer now.

We were never going to see an offer like that again after about January 2006 when Nasty Banker first turned up!

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:01 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 05/11 Owain - Bonfire Night Special

Someone has to explain to me the significance of bonfire night. Is this an invention of the show or a regional thing?

I always get nervous when someone says they've never won anything, they're always unlucky, etc. because it pretty much guarantees that they're going to deal at the first significant-money offer they see, no matter what's on the board. Owain was no different, and was incredibly lucky not to earn himself a Foster Farms Award. In fact, he's lucky the Banker wouldn't have offered even more at the end, but I guess that's a standard QM-Blue offer.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:02 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 05/11 Owain - Bonfire Night Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

SeahawkTim wrote:
Someone has to explain to me the significance of bonfire night. Is this an invention of the show or a regional thing?

It's a national thing; essentially people celebrate the fact that on 5th November 1605, a bearded bloke (not Noel Edmonds) tried to blow up the government.

Click HERE for more information about Guy Fawkes and the Gunplowder Plot

Try explaining all this to scared dogs/goats/cats though!

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:52 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 05/11 Owain - Bonfire Night Special

I really enjoyed that game. It was great!

Really liked Owain, a decent guy who I'm glad did well. £15,000 is great money especially to an 18 year old.

Some great entertainment in there as well: Mary and the custard and Debs accents.

AnneM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:33 pm    Author: AnneM    Post subject: Re: 05/11 Owain - Bonfire Night Special

:smt023 A great game to watch. Owain is a lovely lad with his feet firmly on the ground. Well done.

Joey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:31 pm    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 05/11 Owain - Bonfire Night Special

SeahawkTim wrote:

I take it you don't live in the UK.

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:45 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 05/11 Owain - Bonfire Night Special

Joey wrote:
SeahawkTim wrote:

I take it you don't live in the UK.

As I mentioned when I first joined, I live in California.

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]