Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

KP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:46 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Sarah - Trick or Treat Week
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
I didn't pick up on the intro because other people did already - this is A Good Thing, it means that people don't need me ranting at Noel's ranting to pick up on the obvious bias! I also went on to extend that to imply that Sarah had no intention of going that far into the game but may have been 'inspired' to do so by the influence of Noel...

Here's how I'd have introduced this one:

Quote:
Good afternoon... and welcome to another game in this thrilling Trick or Treat week. I'm not sure how we can top yesterday's game for intrigue though... as the Banker was placed in a fascinating situation where he knew the £250,000 was in fact on the table. How do you play the game in that situation? Well, he made a big offer - bumped it up twice, in fact, and there were so many mind games as to what the Banker was really trying to do... and David, in the end, decided to play safe and take the £40,000. That was the wrong decision - the Banker really was being honest that he was in fact that desperate to buy the box - but will he always be that honest? Perhaps today is the day where distrusting the Banker will pay dividends? Let's choose the player...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:44 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Sarah - Trick or Treat Week

The intro could have been March 2007 again if we'd just been able to hear the sound and not see the set. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:57 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Sarah - Trick or Treat Week

I nearly turned off this game after Noel's introduction. Was there any need for it? The Banker could have easily been bluffing. David didn't deserve that..

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:28 pm    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Sarah - Trick or Treat Week

KP wrote:

Quote:
Good afternoon... and welcome to another game in this thrilling Trick or Treat week. I'm not sure how we can top yesterday's game for intrigue though... as the Banker was placed in a fascinating situation where he knew the £250,000 was in fact on the table. How do you play the game in that situation? Well, he made a big offer - bumped it up twice, in fact, and there were so many mind games as to what the Banker was really trying to do... and David, in the end, decided to play safe and take the £40,000. That was the wrong decision - the Banker really was being honest that he was in fact that desperate to buy the box - but will he always be that honest? Perhaps today is the day where distrusting the Banker will pay dividends? Let's choose the player...

Interesting approach. I probably would've done something along these lines:

"Welcome back to the Dream Factory. Yesterday was David's game, and we got to see a truly unique game play out, one that I doubt we'll see again for a very long time. If you've been watching this week, you know about the Trick or Treat feature we've given our players when they get to 5-box. David selected the urn with the Trick, and the Banker got to look inside his box as a result. You can imagine the Banker's shock, then, when he saw that David's box contained the quarter-million! He had to resort to desperate measures, and a £40,000 offer was enough to get David out of the game. But something even more curious happened at the end, when we were down to two boxes. David was offered a swap - and he took it, even though the quarter-million was still on the board and that £40,000 offer looked like a clear indication that the Banker saw it. Was he really going to swap at the end or did he just do it to avoid the regret of Dealing away the largest prize the show has to offer? We'll never know. But it appears that the Trick or Treat is having a profound effect on the way these games are playing out. Here come the names."

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/10 Sarah - Trick or Treat Week
Administrator & Global Moderator

Tom wrote:
I nearly turned off this game after Noel's introduction. Was there any need for it? The Banker could have easily been bluffing. David didn't deserve that..

I felt the same in Nigel's game after Noel's rant about Steven in March '07. :)

[ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]