Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:36 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:36 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Marie wins £100 from box 21.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

Well she wants the 1p win...let's at least see her get it!

Alas not! Are we meant to be happy she avoided the barge or not?! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

16 - Bessie - 1p

Marie says she's gutted but she's had a fantastic time...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

Well you can pretty much declare that an unavoidable trainwreck if you count the first two offers as fodder...a game in slow consistent decline throughout...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

Well, she avoids it but what a game :smt009

Season 5 has been fantastic hasn't it?

greeny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:12 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

I could have sworn that the radio feature on DOND by a show on Radio 2 featured this game (and the one on Sunday), a lady whose game was ruined by picking wrongly between 16 and 17.

travis P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:18 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

killersbee wrote:
If this is another 1p win, then we can wave the possible mega wins goodbye...

Pardon? In fairness, your theory makes no sense.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:19 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

Well, the 1p win didn't happen, which means there's still hope...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:46 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

Don't be silly...a 1p win would have made no difference

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:36 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

Had already kind of read about how this game went so I was expecting a trainwreck.

Marie was a nice lady and had a very good attitude towards the game. Had things gone differently, I'm sure we'd have got a decent result.

Yes, Season 5 has had a fair share of unlucky games so far. Doesn't mean that some great games aren't around the corner.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:54 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

A clear example of 'it's not how you start, it's how you finish' - fabulous opening couple of rounds only to then hit the £250k with the other big reds soon to follow. It's always a cruel 3-box with a life-changing sum and 2 blues remaining, knowing that she would've got a 5-figure offer if she'd picked the other box, but instead got a 2-figure one. She took the run of bad luck quite well, really, and it was quite an entertaining trainwreck game!

She shouldn't be too disappointed about not joining the 1p club - after all, they've got enough players to play DOND on it now, they don't need any more! :lol:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:32 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

Only a (highly unlikely) second offer deal could have averted that crash. Marie just had no luck with the boxes, or used it all up too soon. Either way it was an unavoidable trainwreck

Interesting isn't it that the players who earn a reputation for high reds on the wings so often seem to go on to win low amounts

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:34 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

Random thoughts:

Why does the banker still think that a 60% chance can be defined as "a greater than 60% chance".
Even I could remember the 2 1p winners in the same week at the end of Seasion 1.
A decent offer would have got me out the chair at 8 box or 5 box today. None was forthcoming.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:20 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

Simon F wrote:
Why does the banker still think that a 60% chance can be defined as "a greater than 60% chance".

I assume it's because of his obsession with 62.5%. Where does he get that figure from? Is something else which really does require that percentage of chance?

Simon F wrote:
Even I could remember the 2 1p winners in the same week at the end of Seasion 1.

I think Noel was saying he couldn't recall it happening recently. They very rarely make reference to the early days of the show - even the recent hall of fame episodes only focussed on Seasons 3 and 4. Although having said that, Noel did mention Mally's Law the other day, and Mally played right at the start of Season 1.

SeahawkTim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:54 am    Author: SeahawkTim    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

h2005 wrote:
I assume it's because of his obsession with 62.5%. Where does he get that figure from? Is something else which really does require that percentage of chance?

The only thing I can think of is that the odds of a given amount surviving from 8-box to 5-box is 62.5%. Other than that, I think it's just the Banker trying to exaggerate the odds to get a player to Deal on a Gambler's board, no matter how much of a slap in the face the offer is at the time.

I don't know what to say about this game. This show is getting incredibly frustrating to watch, with this steady diet of trainwrecks we've been getting as of late. We haven't seen a Power 5-level win since the first game of the season, and that was nearly two months ago. And given how games like this will only make the players in the wings more skittish when their turns come up, I feel like we're going to need something like an all red 8-box for someone to be willing to go for it.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:47 pm    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

What a shame for poor Marie, unlucky and cruel game especially as she had so many BIG ones in her box when she was in the wings.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

SeahawkTim wrote:
h2005 wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that the odds of a given amount surviving from 8-box to 5-box is 62.5%. Other than that, I think it's just the Banker trying to exaggerate the odds to get a player to Deal on a Gambler's board, no matter how much of a slap in the face the offer is at the time.

I suppose the banker trying to get the players to deal on a gambler's board counteracts Noel trying to get to gamble most of the time.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:25 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 16/10 Marie

Can they just stop doing these annoying forced blue wins? All they're going to do is breed more caution if the offers were as bad as these if the momentum starts turning after a really good start. It's always people I like they seem to happen with as well. :(

Luckily I was prepared for this one thanks to hearing the radio clip, it was obviously Marie as there was no other Welsh women on.

I accept some blue wins are inevitable as you often have to take a big risk and end up with next to nothing to go for the life-changing money (unless you're lucky enough to get an amazing board like Amy), or just have relentless back luck all the way where the boards are never worth more than a couple of thousand, but there should be big decisions to make on a board with one or two power 5s but not much else left!! We've seen enough of these in Season 5 to last a lifetime! :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]