Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:12 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 11:12 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:45 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

Warnings: 0
Well, with that offer, I would go on

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:46 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather
Administrator & Global Moderator

18 - Ben - £5

14 - Chapola - £250

More leaping and squealing :P

7 - Tracey - £100,000

Banker time

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:47 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

UGH!!! :evil:

Sting in the tail...AGAIN! :(

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

The banker says if that was blue, she'd have been offered £20,000. He says this is now a tricky offer to make.

Banker's offer:

£5,000

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:48 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather
Forum Games Moderator

Judging by the ear-piercing screaming, I think she's doing pretty well, which is good. :D

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

Noel says that's a fair offer on a gambler's board. Her husband comes down to the table to discuss it with her, and she gets a bit emotional... The banker phones and talks to her! She says he's read her file, and if she goes on and the £50k is in play, the offer will be £20,000. Donna says but that's 3 boxes away.

Heather says she's never been lucky, but Vic says she was lucky when she met her husband, and she starts crying! He says it has to be a decision between them...

The offer remains at £5,000!

Heather says DEAL

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:52 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

Another defeatist Deal after the crash...

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

9 - Donna - £50,000 :D

16 - Rob - £3,000

21 - Tel - 10p

Banker time with £1 and £5,000 remaining

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

Noel says this isn't a banker spanking as she went away with £11,000 but he wonders if Heather's got the timing right.

Banker's offer would've been:

£1,750

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

Okay, I take that back...

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

Banker claims Heather has a clown's head on a spring in her box :shock: :lol:

Heather has £5,000 in her box 1...

8 - Michelle - £1

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather
Forum Games Moderator

I'm happy for her. :D

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

And there you have it, a Draw to finish which doesn't happen often

But once again, we have a Gamble that goes wrong before 5-box :(

cfd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:09 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

One post summary.

Round 1: Bad
Offer 1: £NO_DEAL
Round 2: Good
Offer 2: £NO_DEAL
Round 3: Good
Offer 3: £NO_DEAL
Round 4: Bad
Offer 4: £DEAL_OR_NO_DEAL - only 33% of mean but high volatility - i'd no deal
Offer 4.1: £DEAL_OR_NO_DEAL - read above
Round 5: Bad
Offer 5: £NO_DEAL - oh, she dealt
Round 6: Bad
Offer 6: £NO_DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather
International Forums Moderator

Right. Let's read the recap and do a one-post summary, in more detail and almost as much snark as cfd.

Positivity time.

This game cannot, cannot be any worse than yesterday's character assassination. Can it?!?

From h2005's description, the introduction is not an incitement to Wakeyism, more an expression of frustration at the string of bad results of late. This is reasonable.

Heather has kept her family in the dark about this - as would I! Hubby in the audience, we'll see if that changes things; it's an incomplete system of saving lucky numbers; let's go! With a dodgy joke. And a Power 5. And the quarter-million two boxes later. And Heather now admits to being a targetist, which is probably worse for her game than taking out the quarter-million. The Banker is quite rightly loving this, and offers £NO_DEAL, which - to her credit - Heather recognises and jokes about.

Three blues, one possibly-lecherous remark from the Banker, and the offer is a transitional one, leading out of the joke opener and into proper offers from the ADP onwards.

Good third round, bizarre play-on-fears skit afterwards, but this board is stable. Is the target eleven grand or less? No? Move along to the ADP then.

Oh dear. Devastating round and suddenly it's a two-box game at the ADP. £6,750 is dealable for a conservative player who thinks the game begins at 4:40 instead of 4:10... hang on a minute. 24 hours after Noel incited recklessness, three hours in taping terms, and the offer is increased because the player 'respected the money'?!? Of course, the mention of 'timing' means we aren't allowed to Deal anything below the earlier peak offer, and the husband encourages her on.

And look where that got her. Painful to do it third box, mind, and at least there's the fifty there. She'd probably reject an AMO in blind target-chasing at the best of times, let alone these worst of times... oh, pardon me, she recognises the one-box game, and not even being offered an obvious target as a guarantee is enough to push her on. Misread that one.

Bam! First box! Noel says this isn't an OPW because of the third offer, but wants to see if she got the timing right. No, of course she didn't, you berk, the timing here came from dealing at 11-box, but that's before the ADP, and that would never do. Did she sell the box for its value? Yup. Fair result, from a game that with a different player in the chair (one capable of both receiving and accepting generous offers, like me, cfd or Daniel) might have been a spectacular 11-box OPW. Goodness do we need one of those after yesterday.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:11 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

an OK game. Heather got a bit overemotional towards the end but the deal was fair enough if the 5K really meant that much.

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

A strange game. It seems that given the fact that she was unwilling to gamble £5k at 5 box, it seemed that she was going for the 35.7% chance of hitting neither of the power 5 as any other configuration would have given a 5 box offer that probably would have been £10k with the £100k in play and we saw it was £5k with the £50k still in play.

For me, with her reasoning she should have been dealing at 8 box (if not 11 box).

Duffer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:43 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

I was waiting to make a quip about 'Lucky Heather' or 'Not-so-Lucky-Heather' but it ended in a draw so I can't. Bah.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:11 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

Certainly plenty of exuberance early on in the game, but when it came to the business end, she found it difficult to control her emotions and once she realised how much the money meant to her, there was only going to be one outcome at 5-box. I would say it would be a borderline decision with no guarantee of the 2-box offer, but having a guarantee of £20k makes it worth going on for sure.

But a great result finding the £50k first - imagine how gutted she'd have been had she gone on, she'd have been absolutely distraught! Thankfully, there was no more money left in the game, although she had an earlier offer of £11,000, and with my revised scoring system that would be a TBW, not a draw, and even Noel suggested as much. Anyway, all that matters is that Heather was happy with her 5k, and at least there were no regrets for not carrying on.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:40 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 16/09 Heather

Heather’s game today and what a wonderful reaction to hearing her name, She’s clearly excited about her game And she’s bouncing around the studio like a cross between Sandra Dee from Grease and Tigger.

Ouch, power five hit first box – and followed three boxes later by the £250k, that’s not been hanging around this week has it? Interesting reaction from Tigger though. Very philosophical

£1,000 is a fairly derisory offer but at the moment the balls in the Banker’s court so no real surprise

Yes, an all blue round, though she really needs to make a dent in the Bankers P5 if she wants a decent offer...still they are moving in the right direction

Result. She’s taken out the 1p and 50p, that’s balanced the board up nicely, the £10,000 is an acceptable loss in the circumstances though a lower red would have been better. Oh but she’s refusing to give the 1p kiss because her hubby’s in the audience. :shock: I can’t believe Noel let her get away with that given his usual stance. If i was Stephen i’d be very disappointed

Why’s Heather suddenly talking about Clowns, that a bit of a non-sequitur isn’t it? And now the Banker’s trying to scare her with pictures of clowns, oh she really is scared to even look at them isn’t she? Bless her! But Noel the word your searching for is Coulrophobia not Clownophobia.

£11k isn’t that bad considering where she started but i think there’s at least one more round here...

Okay maybe not, that all red round is damaging to say the least. LoL at the Banker’s dig at Noel and kudos to Tigger for getting the Banker to up her offer through simple old fashioned charm. What a girl! She’s still got two good reds, I think she’s right to go on.

Bouncey Bouncey – flat on her face.

Curses it’s £50k or nothing now. And with a £5k offer i think either decision is justifiable here. Oh dear she’s getting quite emotional now, makes you just want to reach out and give her a great big hug, doesn’t it? She deals, clearly the right decision for her, fingers crossed it pays off. And so it does. RESULT!

Oh and it’s ultimately a draw, Tigger sold a £5K box for £5K. Haven’t had one of those for ages.
Not a classic game but an enjoyable one, I for one will miss not-so-lucky Heather

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]