Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:48 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:48 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:13 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: 25/08 Des
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Des' game today.

Noel welcomes us to show 2 of the new season and talks about the great start we had yesterday with Gail's game :D He thinks Gail's result could help today's contestant.

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:14 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

Only 50p yesterday, I have high hopes for Des

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:17 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

Des has box 19 today. Des is from Bicester and is a police officer, and Noel asks about the tale of a break in where the offender dropped his trousers!! Des tells how he was about the arrest a chap who broke into a property and the offender turned around to Des and dropped his trousers :shock: :lol:

Des is currently single but hopes that today could change that and then describes his ideal lady. We get to see a photo of Des' friends, and also another of Des' parents on their wedding day.

Here we go...

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des
International Forums Moderator

Yesterday, Gail had the easiest OPW in the show's 1,100-episode history and almost didn't get it. Des is certain to have tougher decisions than that...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:19 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

Round 1

6 - £500 Paul

1 - £10 Jerry

4 - £75,000 Francis

Groans for that one...

3 - £5 Eileen

The cheers return

13 - £3,000 Milly

Banker time

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:19 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

A hit there, but pretty average start

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:20 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

The £75,000 wasn't ideal but the rest was OK says Noel... The Banker says that Gail made a fool of him yesterday :P The Banker would like to go double dating with Des :P

Banker's offer:

£9,000

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:20 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

Des says he came for one thing and he hopes to get that....

Des says

NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

Is that one thing the £250,000 the producers rarely make a secret of their desperation to give away, or the £20,000 that most contestants aspire to? Already a worrying sign of one-dimensional play either way.

£75k, an orange and three blues is in the average range of starts, a tad better than my famous definition of average (£100k/orange/blues).

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:22 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

Round 2

5 - £50,000 Nic

18 - £5,000 Sean

Noel gets Des to do the break link, and Des says we should come back to him arrest the Banker for not paying a £250,000 fine to him...

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:22 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

Great speech by Des, then Noel goes crazy

Another hit there, though

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

£50k and another orange means a blue here is very desirable. That said, better to take a joke after a no-blue round now than later if you're a moderate player.

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:26 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

This is the first one of Season 5 I've seen and I'm finding it all a bit bland :| Maybe it's because of the two weeks of Noel's Hall of Fame when every day had an amazing game (most I'd not seen before) but also I don't recognise any of the 22 despite watching a couple of shows in July. The only one that I can sort of remember is Nic, simply because in the game where his wife fainted there was a big closeup of her looking shocked - didn't remember her name though until just now.

Still, if Des's game turns out to be awesome then I take that all back :D

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:28 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

BEST BOX OPEN EVER!!!!

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:28 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

Haha! Terrible box opening for the newbie! :lol:

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:29 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

We're back
Last box before the Banker

Noel reveals that Des would like to travel around America and also give a holiday to his parents. Noel tries to find a partner for Des in the audience and picks on a lady but she already has a boyfriend.

Des picks newbie Jason next, but when Jason tries to open the box he lifts the whole box!! :lol: Noel says that they glued the lid down :lol:

17 - £1 Newbie Jason

Banker time

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:30 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

Noel pretends that he can't lift the phone up as it has been glued down :P The Banker is still laughing at Jason's box opening!

Banker's offer:

£9,000

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:30 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

Des says that £9,000 is a lot of money...

Des says

NO DEAL

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:30 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

Actually thinking about it I'd put that third...at 2nd place is the LTL guy in Anne-Marie's game in April 07 (where Noel said "You stupid man!") and 1st is Mary's in Carrie's game. Still hilarious though :D

And the bit with Noel going into the audience trying to find a partner for Des reminded me a bit of Alex's game from Battle of the Sexes!

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:30 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 25/08 Des

And we have our first best moment of Season 5, already! :P :lol:

[ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]