Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 am Last visit was: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:22 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 236 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:29 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Summer 2009 repeat shows & Noel's Hall of Fame shows
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
This thread is to be used for discussion of the shows which are being shown during the 2009 summer break. This thread contains links to the original live show commentaries of the shows which are being repeated, as well as discussion of the repeated shows.

The repeats run on weekdays at 4:10pm on Channel 4, from Monday 27th July until Friday 21st August, with the "Noel's Hall of Fame" repeats starting on Monday 3rd August. A new Season of DoND will kick off at 4:15pm on Channel 4 on Monday 24th August.

The list below shows which games have been repeated when. If you click on the player's name, it'll take you to the original show commentary for that show.

Date repeated --- Show --- Originally broadcast

Monday 27th July --- Walter --- 06/02/09
Tuesday 28th July --- Amy --- 11/06/09
Wednesday 29th July --- Eddie --- 01/05/09
Thursday 30th July --- Alfie --- 04/02/09
Friday 31st July --- Margaret --- 04/05/09

Monday 3rd August --- Clive --- 04/01/09
Tuesday 4th August --- Joe --- 02/04/09
Wednesday 5th August --- Graham --- 06/05/08
Thursday 6th August --- Lauren --- 21/12/08
Friday 7th August --- Mary --- 05/01/09

Monday 10th August --- Doreen --- 27/02/09
Tuesday 11th August --- Constance --- 06/11/08
Wednesday 12th August --- Mark S --- 21/01/08
Thursday 13th August --- Eunice --- 07/04/08
Friday 14th August --- Alice --- 12/03/09

Monday 17th August --- Maria --- 25/09/07
Tuesday 18th August --- Orry --- 21/12/07
Wednesday 19th August --- Keran --- 23/11/08
Thursday 20th August --- Lisa --- 01/04/09
Friday 21st August --- Carrie --- 31/12/08

Profile E-mail  

Jimmy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:50 am    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009
Global Moderator

h2005 wrote:
This thread is to be used for discussion of the shows which are being shown during the 2009 summer break.

Break?! What break is this that you speak of?

However, rather than look at any previous discussions that may have been created before, I do very much look forward to discussing Noel's Hall of Fame extensively, and will do so in this thread. Under no circumstances will I bump threads or start new and pointless ones that will only result in a severe dressing down from the admin team.

Roll on Monday!

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:20 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

With back to back exciting big win shows, DOND might pick up some new viewers for Season 5! :D

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:16 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

Walter's show is being repeated today.

Profile E-mail  

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:32 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

To re-live Walter's game that was first aired on 06/02/09 you can follow the live commentary from his game here.... Walter's live commentary 06/02/09

:D

Profile E-mail  

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:46 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

The C4 website tells you what game's going to be shown tomorrow, but I won't spoil for those who want to be surprised!

I think 4OD is showing these repeats too by the looks of it. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:41 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

Walter's game was great to see again; one of those rare shows where the disastrous luck in the actual game mattered about as much as the £250,000 being on the table would have been in Jennifer's game! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:36 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

First time I'd seen that show today, although I knew the result beforehand. Very entertaining!! Easily the best trainwreck show I'd ever seen, Walter handled it so brilliantly and it just makes all those who sob in tears after winning a blue seem utterly ridiculous in comparison, let alone those who win thousands and then cry cus they've got the £250k or something. You arrive at DOND with nothing, even winning 1p is still 1p more than you came there with!! Great contestant and wish he'd have won more.

I like how they appear to be trying to fool viewers into thinking these shows are new though. In the ad-break even Noel said "Deal or No Deal will soon be going on its summer break" - it already has! Most probably though a hell of a lot of casual viewers simply won't notice, only those who watch every day will wonder why the 22 keeps changing all the time...

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:42 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

Billy wrote:
I like how they appear to be trying to fool viewers into thinking these shows are new though. In the ad-break even Noel said "Deal or No Deal will soon be going on its summer break" - it already has! Most probably though a hell of a lot of casual viewers simply won't notice, only those who watch every day will wonder why the 22 keeps changing all the time...

I thought it was odd that they said Noel's "Hall of fame" shows started on the 3rd August, and they didn't make reference at all to the repeats which are showing this week. Obviously they're hoping that people will think this week's shows are normal shows, and then will continue watching during Noel's "hall of fame". If they'd immediately started with his "hall of fame", people may not have bothered tuning in!

Anyway, as James1978 says, the Channel 4 website says whose show is being repeated tomorrow, and it's
Amy who won £75,000 on 11th June 2009.

Great to see Walter's being shown again, although I think it deserved to be shown in August as part of Noel's "hall of fame"!

Profile E-mail  

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:15 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009
Forum Games Moderator

h2005 wrote:
Anyway, as James1978 says, the Channel 4 website says whose show is being repeated tomorrow, and it's...
Amy who won £75,000 on 11th June 2009.
Woo, I get to see the wonderful Amy again! :-D I love her!! :P

Profile E-mail  

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:35 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

Wednesday's show seems to be

Eddie from May 2009

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

How did you find out what's being shown on Wednesday? I saw the Channel 4 site had quite prominently announced who's on tomorrow, but can't see any reference of any days beyond that.

Profile E-mail  

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:44 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

Must be up there, I haven't checked though. Two good picks so far though, seems that albeit the couple from Christmas 2007, Noel's picked his favourites from this season.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

Are the shows this week actually part of Noel's "hall of fame" then? I thought this week was just a bunch of random repeats, and his hall of fame didn't start until next Monday...

Profile E-mail  

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:30 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

You know I really liked Walter on the wings, and first time around i found his game quite amusing (though not as uproariously funny as many people on here). Watching it again though I have to say i found him a little grating.

One thing that really bugs me is contestants who try to hare through a game with no regard for the rules and proceedures. Walter kept doing all the things that irritate me - he couldn't seem to count to three, didn't even listen to the bankers offers and kept trying to play on without answering the all important question.he got me quite exasperated. It's not often i shout "Stop p*****g about and concentrate on the b****y game" at a player but i did today which given it was a repeat and i already knew he'd ignore my advice was doubly pointless, :oops:

Of course to be fair to Walter he never had a board or an offer worth considering, so maybe he was just reacting to his own bad luck. I wonder if a more stable game would have given us a more focused Walter.

Can't wait to see who's playng tomorrow.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

h2005 wrote:
How did you find out what's being shown on Wednesday? I saw the Channel 4 site had quite prominently announced who's on tomorrow, but can't see any reference of any days beyond that.

I looked on the C4 website for listings and if you click on Deal or No Deal, there is a picture of the contestant.

http://www.channel4.com/tv-listings

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:04 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

Thanks for that. (By the way, I'm not sure why we're bothering with spoiler boxes really.)

I had a look at the site, and judging by the pictures when you click on the shows in the listings, a schedule starts to emerge:

Monday 27th July - Walter
Tuesday 28th July - £75k Amy
Wednesday 29th July - Eddie
Thursday 30th July - ????
Friday 31st July - Margaret (May 2009)

Monday 3rd August - ????
Tuesday 4th August - Joe (show 1,001)

None of the dates after that have pictures of the contestants whose shows are being repeated unfortunately, but it may be worth having a look in the next few days to see if they update the listings with pictures.

It's also worth noting that from next Monday, the hall of fame shows are scheduled for a slightly earlier slot of 4:10pm - 5:00pm.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:58 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009
International Forums Moderator

50 minutes? Will we get slight re-edits? Now that would be worth it for some games actually - Alice's in particular.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:19 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

KP wrote:
50 minutes? Will we get slight re-edits? Now that would be worth it for some games actually - Alice's in particular.

I think the extra few minutes is there to fit in a bit at the beginning where Noel sits on his own in the studio and "introduces" us to the game that's about to be shown.

Profile E-mail  

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:07 am    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Repeat shows discussion - Summer 2009

h2005 wrote:
KP wrote:

I think the extra few minutes is there to fit in a bit at the beginning where Noel sits on his own in the studio and "introduces" us to the game that's about to be shown.

Or they might play the interview videos done after their shows :ponder:

[ 236 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]