Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:02 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 23/07 Cyril - Seaside Specials Week

Warnings: 0
I was thinking at the £29k offer, that if the £750 hadn't been found at 2-box, theen the banker would have been all like "Well you've had 2 chances to find it and you haven't, etc......"

Also the other thing is, I don't think Noel said the swap is guaranteed unless the banker has seen inside the box, I vaguely remember something along those lines happened to Pam last Halloween (I didn't see it live but have seen the last 10 mins), where the main reason she dealt at 2-box was she thought the big money was in the other box left on the wings and then the banker called and said he'd have been too scared to offer the swap or something, which came as shock t me as before that, I thought a swap was guaranteed on ANY special-themed game!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:05 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 23/07 Cyril - Seaside Specials Week

Great show and really god result for Cyril. I was a bit disappointed with some of the advice from the wings though.

I thought the £31,000 at 5 box was worth considering given the 60% chance of picking out 50 75 or 100K to reduce the offer at the next box. It worked out for Cyril against the odds to get an offer of 40K then he was encouraged to go just one more box with only a 25% chance of an increased offer. There was good advice about no dealing 29K as there was a safety net there for him, but the banker could have gone much lower than the proveout 26K with a 75K £750 finish to give Cyril a difficult decision.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:41 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/07 Cyril - Seaside Specials Week

Good game today and one where only a non-swappy gambler to the end would have failed to win a nice 5 figure sum.

The only thing that puzzled me was the drop from £40k to £29k when the £50k went. Considering

a) the mean increased from £56,437.50 to £58,583.33
b) the FD only decrased from £44,213.68 to £43,363,95

I was surprised the offer dropped. I was actually expecting it to go up. Would the US banker have done the same in the same situation?

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 23/07 Cyril - Seaside Specials Week
International Forums Moderator

The US Banker would have gone to 50k, I suspect...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:52 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 23/07 Cyril - Seaside Specials Week

Fantastic game, really exciting.

The £29k deal caught me out as much as anyone but i can sort of understand it. He was at risk of a blue/red finish and the banker's offers can be so unpredictable in those circumstances it was probably prudent to cut his ,losses.

Personally i would have gone to 2 box but I wouldn't have wanted to risk winning £750 so i would have definately taken that £26k

Muriel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:27 pm    Author: Muriel    Post subject: Re: 23/07 Cyril - Seaside Specials Week

A wonderful result for a very attractive man.
Lots Of Love
Muriel

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:55 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 23/07 Cyril - Seaside Specials Week

Well, a fascinating finale to that game - these one-box rounds certainly throw up some interesting psychological dilemmas. He was faced with a board stronger than he probably dreamed of, one which he felt obliged to turn down an offer of £40k on, despite that not really being his inclination, it's more than tempting when you have a 75% chance of 50k or more in the box.

The banker seized upon this weakness with an excellently judged offer of £29k, an example of him playing the player not the board. It was a bit risky with all 2-box permutations giving fairly decent offers, but he had judged Cyril was a player willing to cut his losses, which most players would find difficult to do in this situation.

The banker played a good game really considering the strength of the board at most stages, and got the slight bit of deserved luck at the end. You could say in the end, both players knew what they wanted to do, and both sides came out fairly content.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:48 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 23/07 Cyril - Seaside Specials Week

I saw this while on holiday, I was shocked he turned down £40k

But because of my Lucky number, it would've been a Swappy £75,000 for me

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]