Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:51 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

Warnings: 0
Woah! :o

In the last box again! :D

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan
International Forums Moderator

What an extraordinary proveout this is turning out to be!!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:52 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Oh my word says Dan... Noel tells the Banker he will just get a piece of paper to write down everyones drinks orders :lol:

Banker's offer would've been:

£1,000

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

Proveout round 6

15 - £3,000 Mark

18 - £5 Hardav

17 - £500 Irene

Banker time with £50 and £15,000 remaining

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

Oooh, he could still lose by £2,000 :shock:

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

Banker's offer would've been:

£6,000

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

killersbee wrote:
Woah! :o

He got lucky there!

He knew when to stop, which was right for him but he made the right deal at the right time. Today has proved that anything can happen in this little format and no doubt today's result has produced many red faces on the cynics, including some on here. :)

I wonder if the regular forum poster from Ipswich watched today's show.

Last edited by travis P on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

Noel opens box 9 and reveals £50

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

YAY! :-D

A Banker spanking at last! :-D

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

Noel says this will be a memorable game for everyone as most were convinced that Dan went way too early in the game.

Box 14 with Ella contains the £15,000

wkd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:57 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

Pretty conservative deal but vindicates the policy that if you want to make sure you go home with good money then then take the first good money offer. Wouldn't be my approach but he has certainly learned the value of money somewhere along the line.

Last edited by wkd on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:58 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

Trying to decide whether to shave my head, or eat my hat fried grilled or boiled.... :oops:

Wow, proved me totally wrong Dan, well done :)

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:59 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

A great game....I thought at first that he'd dealt too early but something in the back of my mind was saying spanky time. :spank well done Dan

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:00 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

Yeah, he's the second player to have dealt at the 3rd offer and get a Banker Spanking out of it

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

He knew what he wanted, and he got it... and you can't really argue with that.

Tweets of the Day:

ooh the welsh man delt rather early on deal or no deal which brought one of the confused gasps from the pilgrims...

The contestants on Deal or No Deal get stranger by the week.

'Never forget you're past but don't let it affect your future' when did Deal Or No Deal become some form of group therapry?
(ignore the awful spelling/grammar!)

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

killersbee wrote:
Yeah, he's the second player to have dealt at the 3rd offer and get a Banker Spanking out of it

More like the sixth, although surprisingly I can't name all the others! Adrian 'The Plank' is one, there was a female last year whose game wasn't an OPW until the very end...

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:02 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

Forgot to say, the other person who got lucky in this game was Matt who suggested Dan to take £13,000

But if I could, I would give Matt a word of caution, that no one gets lucky twice ;)

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:04 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan
Administrator & Global Moderator

KP wrote:
killersbee wrote:

More like the sixth, although surprisingly I can't name all the others! Adrian 'The Plank' is one, there was a female last year whose game wasn't an OPW until the very end...

I think it's the 10th actually! (According to this list here, anyway - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8951).

Well done Dan! Always nice to see conservative play resulting in an unexpected banker spanking. Enjoy the dosh. :smt023

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:10 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

Well, just an extraordinary result that made a lot of the pilgrims (including myself) look rather silly. That was possibly one of the most dramatic proveouts ever, in that he found the big values in the last box of each round!

I did think there was the possibility he might've dealt at the 2nd offer, although if that had been the case I think the 3rd offer would've been about £20,000! I think a lot of us would've gone for £6,000 at 2-box, so it wouldn't have been a complete disaster.

Anyway, just an astonishing result, rather fortuitous, so glad he didn't miss out on a huge sum of money, which looked very likely from where I was sitting (top west-side if you're asking).

Oh well, back to normality tomorrow, with no idea about any shows now up to mid December. It will be interesting to see how players react to the result of that game, and obviously I'm been waiting months to see how the current line-up's games play out!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Last edited by StatsMan on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:16 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 07/07 Dan

StatsMan wrote:
I did think there was the possibility he might've dealt at the 2nd offer...

Yeah, he was struggling quite a bit with his second offer too. I wondered whether he was just dragging it out a bit for laughs, but when he accepted the third offer deal I knew that all the stuff he'd been saying about recognising the value of money, due to his prior financial difficulties, was from the heart.

Mister Al,
East-side correspondent.

[ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]