Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:31 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:31 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
The banker can be heard laughing wildly down the phone!

Banker's offer:

£250

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

Might as well open the box...

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

Pauline says NO DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

Banker phones. The banker points out the swap involves the boxes and not Noel and Pauline's husband :lol:

Banker's offer:

SWAP

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

Pauline says NO SWAP

h2005

Pauline wins £1,000 from her box 8...

11 - newbie Nic - £5

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

And she has the lowest Red all along, which is some sort of consolation, but she deserved £34,000 more :(

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

Pauline says she's very disappointed, but £1,000 is a lot of money for her and she says it was a pleasure meeting Noel :P

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:02 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

That's 2 games in a row where Bravery is not rewarded, I don't think Season 4 is gonna end happily at this rate... :eyes:

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline
International Forums Moderator

Pauline says she wouldn't be happy going away with £5 or £1,000... NO DEAL. Wha? Epic irony to hit the 10% chance after that... not convinced it was the right decision for her even though I think I'd have done the same myself.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:26 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

I'm surprised Dreams didn't become the new sponsor as they sponsor nearly everything else at the moment.

King.com is more a skillful gaming site than just another gambling site. Rewarding those who are good at games such as Bejeweled than rewarding those who can ride the odds on blackjack, poker etc...

Did anybody catch Noel's closing speech for today "The Banker might not throw out any more lifelines". Low board offers and swaps all the way then ;)

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline
International Forums Moderator

Very true, and almost a killer point. Almost.

Here's what cancels it out. DoND, when not screaming 'gambling' from the rooftops, purports to be a skill game, and with some good reason - there is strategy here as we've discussed for years. However, the reward for skill in this 'gambling' game of DoND is to improve the bailout opportunities (offers), whereas on the King.com site it's all chancing your arm on your abilities.

I'd also point out that pub quiz machines are purportedly skill games, but are very well rigged with intentionally rapidly-dating or just plain impossible questions. And a TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT commission? That's five times what Betfair (most obvious point of comparison) takes.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

It could just be how it seemed in the broadcast show, but it looked like Gail had an influence on Pauline and that's why she decided to no deal at 5-box in the end.

I always think it's very risky when other contestants advise the player to 'no deal' at a late stage in the game. I know that whenever anyone asked me for advice when I was there, I generally preferred advising a 'deal' whenever I could, as I'd feel horrible if they no dealt on my advice and won nothing as a result! Whereas if they deal too early as a result of someone's advice, at least they've got some money guaranteed through their deal.

(Having said all that, I did advise Cheri to no deal at 8-box, but I think she'd already made her mind up before I gave her my advice!)

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:51 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

Could nearly predict that round but the only way a grand was avoidable is if she'd kept the 35K to the end I guess as the 7K was on the low side.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:14 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

That was quite an entertaining and racy edition of the show at the studios, plenty of humour and innuendo throughout, but admittedly not the greatest of finishes. Hitting the top 3 will happen about 10% of the time at that stage, but it is still gutting to see in a game that was starting to recover quite nicely.

I think the 4 reds tempted her on more than anything (and would've tempted me on), and although Gail gave strong advice to carry on, the edit was a bit misleading in suggesting her "NO DEAL" followed straight after - I think there was a bit more consideration, anyway. I don't think Pauline was too disappointed - after all, she had achieved her lifelong aim of meeting Noel Edmonds!!! She enjoyed the experience to the full, which was good to see.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:22 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

I'm actually starting to really not enjoy DOND at the moment. It's nothing like as bad as this corresponding week last year when everyone was taking £20k or thereabouts on fantastic boards worth double then missing out on 6-figure sums, but I'm struggling to keep up enthusiasm for it mainly due to lots of bad luck and if people get good offers and take them than they've almost always got huge money in the box (eg Gladys, Michael).

Pauline's game I thought was going to be hilarious given her time on the wings, and the start was quite good, but the game was just almost continuous bad luck, even the 5th round which was her one really good round only got her offered £7k which i thought was a bit short of dealable, (just over half the mean with 4 reds and 1 blue) then he hit the 10% chance of the worst posible round, at least a grand is some consolation and she didn't win coins or a single note. She didn't seem her usual flirty self either, she seemed pretty deflated by the third offer and therefore not the fun I thought she'd be. :(

And what's worse is there's really only three current people on the wins whose games I'm really looking forward to as well (Pat, Dot and Calum). The rest of them I'm almost thinking "Who"?

Sorry for the negativity there. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:51 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

Don't apologise, James, I'm with you on this one :)

The Season 4 Finale is not far off, but they're not doing a great job of building up the tension towards the end, though :?

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:21 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

I think actually I might need a break to "recharge the batteries" if you like! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:39 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

James1978 wrote:
I'm actually starting to really not enjoy DOND at the moment. It's nothing like as bad as this corresponding week last year when everyone was taking £20k or thereabouts on fantastic boards worth double then missing out on 6-figure sums, but I'm struggling to keep up enthusiasm for it mainly due to lots of bad luck and if people get good offers and take them than they've almost always got huge money in the box (eg Gladys, Michael).

Pauline's game I thought was going to be hilarious given her time on the wings, and the start was quite good, but the game was just almost continuous bad luck, even the 5th round which was her one really good round only got her offered £7k which i thought was a bit short of dealable, (just over half the mean with 4 reds and 1 blue) then he hit the 10% chance of the worst posible round, at least a grand is some consolation and she didn't win coins or a single note. She didn't seem her usual flirty self either, she seemed pretty deflated by the third offer and therefore not the fun I thought she'd be. :(

And what's worse is there's really only three current people on the wins whose games I'm really looking forward to as well (Pat, Dot and Calum). The rest of them I'm almost thinking "Who"?

Sorry for the negativity there. :)

No not at all I completely agree, Glady's was the only game with a bit of tension and the OPW was a game I did not like.

It's been hard to get into recently I'm afraid.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:11 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 06/07 Pauline

StatsMan wrote:
That was quite an entertaining and racy edition of the show at the studios, plenty of humour and innuendo throughout, but admittedly not the greatest of finishes. Hitting the top 3 will happen about 10% of the time at that stage, but it is still gutting to see in a game that was starting to recover quite nicely.

Surely it's exactly 10% of the time. Think I might have gambled myself today especially in a game where there was no 5-figure offer.

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]