Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:40 am Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 6:40 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Suezan

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:27 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject: story about Jason

Warnings: 0
http://www.woking.co.uk/entertainment/a ... 16389.html

jamtart25

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:00 pm    Author: jamtart25    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
First thing: Stop it. Stop guessing what's in your boxes. Stop paying any attention to the people who guess what's in the boxes. Just STOP IT. Please. It makes me lose my voice shouting at the TV.

I completely agree with this. There was some screaming at the television in my household today.

I think most players on the wings discourage the contestant to pick their box in order to avoid the responsibility of ruining a game but ironically the opposite was the case for Jason. If he had picked them 5 or so people who discouraged him on the 2nd round (because they thought they had a red) the game would be completely different and he would have taken home a decent some of money. It's a random game for goodness sake there is a 50:50 chance of the box being blue yet everyone is convinced they have reds - that's negative thinking!!!!
I actually praise June for having the guts to say "open mine" despite the unfortunate outcome. I don't believe there are 22 pyschic contestants so stop guessing the ruddy boxes and just open the b**gers.

mary sue

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:33 pm    Author: mary sue    Post subject:

I agree with the above post. Very unfortunate game today. Just wish he had gone for the boxes he wanted without thinking they all knew what they had.

A lesson for everyone who plays the game. Just open the ruddy boxes. It's a game of chance.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:34 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Geordie had the right idea! Shame it only got him £20, but still.

**Kay**

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:38 pm    Author: **Kay**    Post subject:

i would never dare guess what was in my box if it was a high number i would feel so bad - xxx

Power5

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:41 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
Geordie had the right idea! Shame it only got him £20, but still.

That's the major advantage of having a system - even if it's just pre-selected random numbers. It saves having to make the decisions as you go along and relying on "feelings" about boxes.

Suezan

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:52 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

personally i wouldn't ask anyone what they thought was in their box, or for a sweep or an opinion not cause I would be awkward its just if it went wrong I could only blame myself and not all those other lovely people

**Kay**

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:58 pm    Author: **Kay**    Post subject:

Suezan wrote:
personally i wouldn't ask anyone what they thought was in their box, or for a sweep or an opinion not cause I would be awkward its just if it went wrong I could only blame myself and not all those other lovely people

yeah same here - besides i know what numbers i would want to pick and in what order so wouldnt need to ask - if it works bonus if not ah well ill get over it - i wouldnt wanna make ppl feel bad xxxx

kinglotsof

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:01 am    Author: kinglotsof    Post subject:

Suezan wrote:
oh my god jason this is what you meant by I wouldn't have to wait long i am gutted

I needed you there to hold my hand.

smooth_criminal

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:05 am    Author: smooth_criminal    Post subject:

It seems like every time they leave their 'lucky' numbers till the end, they always seem to pick off the high reds early and it turns out to be blues in there.

Also, with the state of the board the way it was, £5000 was an extremely good offer and there's no way I wouldn't have dealt then, especially with his luck the way it was going.

kinglotsof

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:06 am    Author: kinglotsof    Post subject:

**Kay** wrote:
That was a really bad game to watch - i always feel sad when they have a family - aw im so emotional its a bit sad really just wish he did better still he was a top bloke xxxx

Thankyou that's very sweet.My daughter has no idea of money value she just wants to go to school tomorrow and lap up the glory of her photo being on TV.Bless her.

kinglotsof

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:07 am    Author: kinglotsof    Post subject:

Maltus wrote:
But he was a great bloke and really good for the show. Pity he didn't get more. If I see him in Guildford/Woking I'll buy him a drink.

I will be there cheers mate look forward to seeing you for the quiz next week.What time does it start?

kinglotsof

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:10 am    Author: kinglotsof    Post subject:

golden_touch19 wrote:
Dad!!!!

I'm so sad, it's really put a downer on my day. Jason was SO great on the wings and, as I've said before, it's always the people you REALLY want to do well (Lucy, Raj, Pat, Jason) that don't. There was one moment in the show where everyone was just in stunned silence - it really was an awful show.

You deserved so much more, Jason - I hope you know everyone on here thinks that.

Hope your business is going well, you seem to be a really happy bloke and your kids are so cute!

All the best,

Rhian xxx

Beautiful words that I cannot better.

Love to my 3rd child.

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:38 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

kinglotsof wrote:
Suezan wrote:
oh my god jason this is what you meant by I wouldn't have to wait long i am gutted

I needed you there to hold my hand.

do you think i would of gone home that day if I'd of known you were game 3 of the day they would of had to drag me out screaming I would of demanded a rematch

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:16 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

smooth_criminal wrote:
Also, with the state of the board the way it was, £5000 was an extremely good offer and there's no way I wouldn't have dealt then, especially with his luck the way it was going.

I wouldn't have, purely because £5,000 isn't life-changing, but £75,000 (which was still there at the time) is. You can win £5,000 just by ringing in - when will you ever get a 1 in 8 shot at £75,000 again? So I didn't think it was a bad decision at all.

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:06 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

I would of played it just the same and I would not of risked that 1p for anything to many men in that phone box already

muttleee

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:29 am    Author: muttleee    Post subject:

Suezan wrote:
I would of played it just the same and I would not of risked that 1p for anything to many men in that phone box already

Sorry. I just can't resist fixing this. :-)

I would have played it just the same and I would not have risked that 1p for anything. Too many men in that phone box already.

Carry on. Don't mind me.

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:33 am    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

sorry morning can't spell disease

Maltus

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:57 am    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

kinglotsof wrote:
Maltus wrote:
But he was a great bloke and really good for the show. Pity he didn't get more. If I see him in Guildford/Woking I'll buy him a drink.

I will be there cheers mate look forward to seeing you for the quiz next week.What time does it start?

Oh no! I've been at the quiz every Monday for ages but am going to my parent's place in Kent for a fortnight from Wednesday to prepare for my exams so won't be at the quiz. How annoying I'm gutted. Sorry Jason mate. I will buy you that drink one day though!

rico7

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:13 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

I'm glad you didn't join the 1p club!

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]