Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:07 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 12:07 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
killersbee wrote:
jonny wrote:
Yeah, I hate that cycle, because that's when you're at your most annoying... :roll:

You could've said "at your most Wakeyist" rather than annoying :(

I have feelings you know :(

Haha. So does the cycle.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:50 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

cuffy wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Marios has £100,000 in his box 17

Marios says he still has £16,500

22 - Michelle - £5,000

Hiya David, Marios did the right thing tonight - i'm sure you agree. I know there are ifs buts and maybes with everyones game, but he put his family first - like a lot of us, and that is genuine and comes from the heart!! He is a great guy and im really chuffed for him!

Yes! I do agree. It was a good show today and you could tell how much the money meant to him.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:18 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

Yeah it was a good game, that offer was definitely decent. But with such solid backup the only way you should have dealt was if you realised losing the £100,000 would have meant a lower offer. Just too bad then, that he had it with him the whole time!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:24 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

Wow, failure two days in a row. One was epic; one less so. Marios should have had more guts, IMO. Let's hope this trend does not continue.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:41 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

Mad Mark wrote:
Wow, failure two days in a row. One was epic; one less so. Marios should have had more guts, IMO. Let's hope this trend does not continue.

Failure? Winning £16,500 is a failure? I don't know what... actually, I can't be bothered to argue.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:10 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

You're starting to see why even I of all people am on here slightly less of the time now! :shock:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:22 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

Anyone notice that at just before the final box opening, Noel mentioned he hoped there was £1k on the table when there was a £5k/£100k final 2?

Deal was perfectly acceptable as only the £100k being in the box would cause regret, which unfortunately happened today but £16.5k is a good sum of money.

collydolly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:34 am    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

Simon F wrote:
Anyone notice that at just before the final box opening, Noel mentioned he hoped there was £1k on the table when there was a £5k/£100k final 2?

Deal was perfectly acceptable as only the £100k being in the box would cause regret, which unfortunately happened today but £16.5k is a good sum of money.

Yes I heard that Simon.

I bet the sound people were being driven mad with those "worry beads" :roll:

On my last two visits they have come round to check if anyone had "clanky" bracelets on as when you clap with them on it sounds awful to them :roll:

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:18 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

I was amazed too by the generoisty of £16,500 offer - it reminded me on early 2007. Sadly so does some of the reaction here! Honestly the three people in question would have said it was a fantastic game if he'd taken out the £100k! :)

It was £3,500 more than Eunice was offered on exactly the same last 5 except Marios had 10p instead of 1p so no chance of any "honour" - the extra 9p was probably worse to have!

If only the banker could have reversed the generosity of Sylvie and Marios' 5-box offers than they'd have been 2 wonderful games. :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

mallard2007

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:23 pm    Author: mallard2007    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

Well done Marios. :D What a lovely bloke, hope the money is useful to you. :-D

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:31 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

Big-Davey wrote:
You're starting to see why even I of all people am on here slightly less of the time now! :shock:

I know the feeling!

I think its a shame when a player who deals at a decent amount...16.5k IS a good amount...seems completely deflated finding the biggy in the box. And marios did seem gutted.
But...never in my life have i ever wanted to be a set of worry beads so much! ;) i'm sure there were plenty of the ladies in the wings were terribly disappointed they didn't have the penny. Lucky bloke that DID have it!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:59 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

h2005 wrote:
Mad Mark wrote:

Failure? Winning £16,500 is a failure? I don't know what... actually, I can't be bothered to argue.

Selling your box for 16½% of its value is failure to me.

But at least he won a decent amount of money which he can do good things with. Still, it would have been great if he'd have gone for it...

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:46 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 19/06 Marios

Me too, and KP made a valid point on Skype

In every game, you have to find the right balance between Cautious and Bravery, it was on this occasion that Marios wasn't able to do it

[ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]