Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:43 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Warnings: 0
I'm sorry but what on earth was that?

Why on earth was John in consistent floods of tears from the second break onwards? Did I miss something at the start? And I don't understand why he no-dealt the £3,500 (which was excellent for the board) if ending up winning a blue was going to break him like it did. I hope he didn't get goaded on my the promise of the average at 2-box.

That felt like an action replay of Brian's game from the start of Season 4, the board at 5-box was more or less idenitical and the offer turned down was very good for it, and they both wanted the money to help their parents. The only difference was no banker handout!

That just felt really depressing. :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

75KLynne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: 75KLynne    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Some players are just more emotional than others and the occasion gets to them. You don't know what you're going to do, or act like, until you get there.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Yeah, I liked John's Speech!

I hope the other 21 players take that on board and just get on with their own game, then there would be less squanders and more spankings! :D

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:18 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

It was just that it seemed to come out of nowhere which surprised me - the first two parts of the show, despite the bad luck, was actually quite fun, and I did find John quite an interesting character, and there was no sign of any sort of sob story which plagued much of Season 3.

It felt like when Poet Ian burst into tears for no apparent reason at all!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:33 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Banana Sandwich today, better game tomorrow (I hope...).

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:32 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John
Forum Games Moderator

John was willing to go for it and it turned out badly for him but at least he had a go. Bad luck John!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John
International Forums Moderator

Four words to sum that one up; seduced by the 'game'.

Clearly the wrong decision for the player, and you have to sense playing so soon after Amy (and Ben) made him more aggressive. Hugely costly in the end although it was the sort of board where getting into auto-No-Deal mode is easy anyway.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:13 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

That was a bit depressing towards the end, I must admit - I was surprised he no-dealt £3,500 being a significantly high percentage of the mean and given how emotional about the game crash he was getting - it was very odd to see a no deal amidst the tears.

Pauline's starting to gain a bit of a reputation for her obsession with host Noel - all I can say, based on what I uncovered in March, is watch this space! :lol:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:16 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

I would have to agree, I wonder if she's one to watch out for...

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:52 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Why is it that so many Sunday games this year have been so disastrous for the player?

That really was a game of relentless bad luck though i agree that the 5 box offer was a very respectable bail-out amount. I was genuinely surprised that John didn't take it given how much the money seemed to mean to him.

Having said that, in a game where the highest offer was £6k there's no real shame in playing to the end, it was an all or nothing board pretty much throughout.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:52 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Well that was flamin' awful. Very uncomfortable decision which he didn't seem able to cope with even before making it. The 3grand offer was very dealable. Ho hum.

On a lighter note, i'm in absolute shock when he presented his photo of the geek squad, the girl stephanie is a very good friend of mine, and we were housemates for 2 years! She and her brother run various Scifi cons round the country. I wasn't expecting that :shock:
At least for me there was something good about the game...otherwise...MEH

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:24 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

this is the 1st game ive watched in a while and i was cringing. john seemed a nice guy but whats with the tears????? cant be doing with games like that. too depressing. get a grip its only a gameshow after all. sorry if i sound harsh but it put me off watching the show forever.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:43 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Indeed it was a depressing show...but you'll be back;)

There was a period last year that just overdid it with the tears every other show, i don't know how i put up with it at the time...but show's like amy's will keep us coming back, though there were tears in that one too! One bad show certainly won't put me off forever

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:44 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Was told by someone on another forum that this was a corker of a game. I think that person has a rather strange sense of humour.

Without the banker's promise at 5 box, this would have been an easy no-deal for me. I think it seduced John into taking a gamble that might have been just about justifiable but unfortunately didn't pay off.

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:47 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

ciderduck wrote:
Indeed it was a depressing show...but you'll be back;)

There was a period last year that just overdid it with the tears every other show, i don't know how i put up with it at the time...but show's like amy's will keep us coming back, though there were tears in that one too! One bad show certainly won't put me off forever

its not just one show thats put me off but its not helped. ive been a fan since day 1 but its changed over the years. if you dont have a sob story you dont get on the show.

saying that i really liked jonos game, but he came across as a great guy

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:44 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Was just about to sum up the game until I read ciderduck and KP's comments, pretty much taking the words out of my mouth.

I'd personally have taken the Banker's respect at 5-box and taken the £3,500 offer...the game had caution written all over it, and unless there was a red on the table the offer wouldn't have risen by much even if the £15,000 remained with the £50 on the table...a very depressing game, but just goes to show how big the hearts of some of these players are!

The speech at the end was touching too!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Joey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:44 am    Author: Joey    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Big-Davey wrote:
unless there was a red on the table the offer wouldn't have risen by much even if the £15,000 remained with the £50 on the table

Actually, in that situation, the offer would have more than doubled to £7525 as the banker had promised to offer the mean at 2-box. I think this is what persuaded John to go on.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Ah right...in that case I too would have crashed :?

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:21 am    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

A very yucky game......didn't like anything about it!!!!!

harryfielder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:42 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject: Re: 14/06 John

Very sad for John, but that's the luck of the game......
I'm another Sci Fi fan.......www.harryfielder.co.uk

Aitch,

[ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]