Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:15 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:15 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

bb67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:14 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

Warnings: 0
Cruel, so cruel that its unreal. I was really looking forward to Chris's game because he was a nice enough guy on the wings. The game was an utter trainwreck from start to finish, even the twist being lost as well as being offered the swap. Everything that could have gone wrong for Chris - went wrong! Lets hope for a better outcome tomorrow.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:19 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

Whoever plays tomorrow MUST do better than today :eyes:

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:22 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

Give the guy another go! I really liked him and he took his misfortune so well. Just when you though he couldn't get any more unlucky, he did (i.e taking the two highest blues after 8-box, then having £250 in his box having taken £50!)

I really don't know what to say about that, the difference between Chris' game and Nikki Tucker/Derek Brown is he actually had a dealabale offer for a significant sum and they didn't. I get the impression he was quite cautious so might have dealt £7,500 had it been the original offer (rather than having it raised) and also if the stats guys hadn't been there. I'm not being harsh on Daniel and Ed becuase I think they did well to get him the offer raised, and the later offers could have been excellent due to their presence had some of the reds stayed, but you can't legislate for luck like that. That said, I do think he had to avoid all three reds for a much-improved offer next time.

At least he didn't win nothing like Lee did, and took his misfortune really well. I guess after Derek/Nikki they now have to think up ways of livening up games that have crashed, and the bonus £997 one I thought was really good, just the way his luck went he didn't even get that.

Was it just me or were the ex-contstants there bunched up in groups based on time? They were almost all from love week ar thereabouts, or last summer, including the leader of the cautious advice, Les.......I'd glad that lot weren't wingers for this game as they'd remind every newbie following about it! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:30 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

James1978 wrote:
Give the guy another go!

If there was a way, he would :(

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:39 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

That was simply dreadful!

The worst-ever 8-box, the first-ever all-blue 8-box...and then for the two largest blues to follow! Total bad luck!

Tomorrow's game will simply be better for the reason you can't really get much worse than this!

KB, you SERIOUSLY need to chill - your expectations have hit sky-high ever since Wilson started talking to you last year, earlier this year you said you'd get a grip...now ever since we started seeing "poor" games, your needs have rocketed sky-high yet again!

Just chill!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:40 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

A totally unlucky game that was all over at 8-box. At least the inclusion of the twist at 5-box provided an interesting conclusion to what would have otherwise been a straight to the end blue win. But even that didn't manage to work out for Chris.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown
International Forums Moderator

Simon F wrote:
MisterAl wrote:
Anybody want to know the chance of a game having an all-blue 8-box? It's precisely 1 in 1938.

Without going into any distribution-based analysis, that means that in the long term, we should have a same-coloured 8 box board once every 969 games.

I'm pretty sure we haven't have an all red final 8 (but I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong), so today's occurrance goes with the long term probability of it happening.

And we haven't!

KB, if you want a constant highlight reel of explosive mega wins, go watch old games. At least you'll never be disappointed.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

Alright, I'm Sorry guys :(

I'm chilled enough to say that it's nothing to do with my expectations, I'll explain it elsewhere cause it's personal...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:59 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

Just remember, it's only a game - more importantly, it wasn't yours

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:21 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

You're right, it isn't mine, it's his :-)

melliemel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:29 pm    Author: melliemel    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

James1978 wrote:
Give the guy another go! I really liked him and he took his misfortune so well. Just when you though he couldn't get any more unlucky, he did (i.e taking the two highest blues after 8-box, then having £250 in his box having taken £50!)

I really don't know what to say about that, the difference between Chris' game and Nikki Tucker/Derek Brown is he actually had a dealabale offer for a significant sum and they didn't. I get the impression he was quite cautious so might have dealt £7,500 had it been the original offer (rather than having it raised) and also if the stats guys hadn't been there. I'm not being harsh on Daniel and Ed becuase I think they did well to get him the offer raised, and the later offers could have been excellent due to their presence had some of the reds stayed, but you can't legislate for luck like that. That said, I do think he had to avoid all three reds for a much-improved offer next time.

At least he didn't win nothing like Lee did, and took his misfortune really well. I guess after Derek/Nikki they now have to think up ways of livening up games that have crashed, and the bonus £997 one I thought was really good, just the way his luck went he didn't even get that.

Was it just me or were the ex-contstants there bunched up in groups based on time? They were almost all from love week ar thereabouts, or last summer, including the leader of the cautious advice, Les.......I'd glad that lot weren't wingers for this game as they'd remind every newbie following about it! :)

we all decided to go as a group, mainly to meet up again as we missed each other so much when we all parted, think it was only a month later in deal world (longer in TV world)
They put us all together which was nice....we were the best group of dealers ever so had to be the centrepiece! ;) :-D

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:33 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

After going to see a film this afternoon about a sequence of numbers predicting impending doom, I come home to watch a gameshow where... the contestant picks a sequence of numbers that lead to his impending doom (sort of). Talk about a weird afternoon!

No words to describe that game, just a monumental trainwreck, admirably dealt with by Chris. And top marks to the producers for the end game twist which will have stopped some viewers from reaching for the remote, but it just seemed strangely inevitable that he wouldn't beat the banker. Can't have any worse luck tomorrow, surely!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

collydolly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:36 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

melliemel wrote:
we all decided to go as a group, mainly to meet up again as we missed each other so much when we all parted, think it was only a month later in deal world (longer in TV world)
They put us all together which was nice....we were the best group of dealers ever so had to be the centrepiece! ;) :-D

The only enjoyable part of the game for me was seeing the past contestants particularly Mel, Alfonso and Daniel :D

moorhen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:38 pm    Author: moorhen    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

Very bad luck but why on earth didn't Chris deal at £7,500, which was a good offer for the board. :( Ed and Daniel have been made to look rather foolish.

melliemel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:39 pm    Author: melliemel    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

collydolly wrote:
melliemel wrote:

The only enjoyable part of the game for me was seeing the past contestants particularly Mel, Alfonso and Daniel :D

Ahhh thank you Collydolly xx

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:41 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown
Administrator & Global Moderator

Talking of Daniel, I noticed he hasn't spent any of his winnings on buying a better shaver. :P

Stephen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:47 pm    Author: Stephen    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

Help,I missed this one anyone know if it's being aired again,pls don't ask why I'm blaming technological equipment! I don't want to gloat about Chris's game but every game is fascinasting in it's own way. Thanks .Stephen.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:54 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

Should be on More4 around midnight, if not soon after midnight...

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:54 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown
Forum Games Moderator

richie4eva1 wrote:
Amazing game for all the wrong reasons :(

Disaster from start to finish

I make that the 4th worst game ever behind Nikki, Derek and Tolleck

I knew what was coming as soon as THAT chant started up, I sincerely hope now that IS the last time we ever hear that chant

We really need two strong players who will take the banker head on before Wednesday or it's going to feel rather flat come show 1000

THE CHANT NEVER INFLUENCED ANYTHING

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

DanJudge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:01 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 29/03 - Chris - 1,000th Show Countdown

Quote:
Talking of Daniel, I noticed he hasn't spent any of his winnings on buying a better shaver.

Ha ha ha. Nice one David. I was just going to write the same thing. I remember that I was thoroughly hungover that day aswell. I looked very rough, ha ha ha.

Shame what happened to Chris, but what I do like to see is players taking it on the chin. I hate to see people cry over money. He took a really bad run of look and managed to come across as the nice guy that he was. We spoke to him and his girlfriend later than night and they really did take it well. I asked him if it was still worth it for the experience he had and although it hit him financially (self-employed, hence no holiday pay), he agreed it was worth doing and was a bit down, but he took it as well as you could expect.

Unlucky Chris mate. Deserved better really.

Quote:
Ed and Daniel have been made to look rather foolish.

I didn't feel foolish or guilty for giving the advice I gave. What I said was true, a good round was (ALMOST) inevitable. Unfortunately, it wasn't to be.

As for the offer at 11 box, I said it was a deal-able offer because I think if you ever creep above 50% mean at 11 box stage, it is fairly generous, particularly because of the distribution being so bad aswell. I did feel that a good round was very likely. I worked it out to be about 1in3 for all blue round and 1in166 for all red. I felt that there was a lot of benefit to be had from carrying on if the probability spat out a more orthodox looking round. As it happens, you can work out the odds as much as you want, but the odds are just an indication, not a guarantee.

[ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]