Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next

thundercat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:54 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Warnings: 0
Power5 wrote:
Simon F wrote:
Am Iright in thinking that no non-£250k winner has even been allowed to take away their whole box before?. I remember someone being allowed to take away the money card from their box (a fireman if I remember correctly).

I think it was £35k Matt from early 2006. I think 1p Sally got hers as well?

They got the card bit inside the box

I think 75k Lynne might have been able to take her box home? Noel threw that one in the air granted so maybe it was damaged and needed a new one for the set so they let her have it?

Kanga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:58 pm    Author: Kanga    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Did David damage his box when he crashed into the table?

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:58 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Did the 1p Christmas star winner not get to keep her box as well ? Am sure I saw that on the "hall of fame" part of this website.

Also Adam who played on the big flood day though that was the box he had in the aborted game not the one that was completed.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:58 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

James1978 wrote:
And Adam of Floodgate fame got to keep his damaged box! :)

granitecitybino wrote:
Did the 1p Christmas star winner not get to keep her box as well ? Am sure I saw that on the "hall of fame" part of this website.

Also Adam who played on the big flood day though that was the box he had in the aborted game not the one that was completed.

So David is the only non Xmas star game, non-£250k winner who took away his undamaged box and the card inside it then.

(I'll stop digging myself out of this hole soon)

MisterAl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:01 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Simon F wrote:
Mister Al

What a shame that was cut out. That would have made the game even more surreal than it was.

It was a very surreal game! I remember leaning on the table to sign the additional release form after it and seeing the debris of stray bananas, furniture polish, witch's noses, etc. all strewn about the place. It was weird.

In the audience holding area after the game some of the other players' friends and family were kind enough to come up to me and tell me that our ejection was the funniest part of the game! However, I'm not surprised it got cut though since I obviously wasn't wearing a microphone, so they might not have been able to clearly catch what I'd said. And it's not as though there wasn't plenty of other funny stuff that went on too.

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:04 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Simon F wrote:
Am Iright in thinking that no non-£250k winner has even been allowed to take away their whole box before?. I remember someone being allowed to take away the money card from their box (a fireman if I remember correctly).

Adam who played on 16/11/09 was allowed to keep his flood damaged box.... His game thread can be found here viewtopic.php?t=16310

Mat the fireman was allowed to keep the inside amount of his box.... Game thread here viewtopic.php?t=535

Edit: Far too slow with my reply wasn't I :oops:

philhutson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:20 pm    Author: philhutson    Post subject: banana,s in abundance

david don't forget you sat next to me when my dad was in the chair. You will be on twice in one week. Thurs 26th be there or be square!! :P

bb67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:00 am    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

That was one of the BEST games i've ever seen. :-D

H, the banter between you and Noel was great. The banker calling and quoting YOUR posts was classic! :laughing :laughing

Well Done mate, great game, one of the games that won't be forgotten in a hurry. Was great of the banker to give you the box that was brilliant, good stuff. :smt023

Duffer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:01 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

I think even if I'd had no idea who H was and no connection to the forum, that would have still gone down as one of the funniest shows ever! I can only recall a handful of contestants who have appeared to be as relaxed on screen as David did - to retain that level of composure and keep up the banter with Noel whilst the cameras are rolling is quite an achievement I reckon. The money's not huge but it made for superb entertainment and, whilst I'm not quite as up with DOND as I used to be, I haven't enjoyed a show quite as much for a long time! Enjoy the cash!

danavir7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:02 am    Author: danavir7    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

hiya david. It was great to see ur game 2day. Enjoy spending the £6,500 you won, you deserve every penny of it. It was a great game. By the way, im Danavir Dhunna (Danny), ive sent my application form off to deal or no deal, via email. Its been 3 or 4 months since. Have you got any tips or advice for me to get on the show? How did u get on the show? reply back plz. danny

bb67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:04 am    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

kestral wrote:
Well done H, that was a fantastic show :D Even if you did break the website :lol:

You certainly provided a highly entertaining show, and I thought you came across really well and seemed really comfortable with both the Banker and particularly Noel; you both seemed very natural together and the banter really flowed.

The Banker certainly did his homework on you trawling the site for your posts to quote in the show; I wonder what his username is here :suspect: :lol:

Am off to watch the show again soon as you certainly kept me busy during the show and I want to catch the whole game and enjoy it to it's full :D

Well done again :smt023

Remember mate, guests can go through the forum as well, or maybe the man himself has signed up?
:suspect: :D

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:04 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Well played David.

Had a feeling it might be your game today (assuming you were fit to appear) based on what you said about thinking you were due to play on Friday.

Some nice banter there, especially with Noel, and getting Dirk to do his - well whatever it was Dirk did :lol: - was an inspired moment And well done for being able to count to three. :D

Not the luckiest of games but at least you avoided the blue and to snatch £6,500 in a game that peaked at £10k is quite acceptable

Feel there's a lesson to be learned here for any other members of this forum who might be planning to apply to go on the show. Maybe best not to let the banker know about your on-line activity, it might just give him an advantage

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:05 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Administrator & Global Moderator

Alright then, here we go - the bananas from today's show:

"THE BANKER'S BANANA
(HANDS OFF!)"

"THE BANKER'S SECOND BANANA
(FOR PICKY LITTLE GITS!)"

"NOEL'S BANANA
(THE BANKER HAS RUN OUT)"

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:12 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

I've only seen a few DoND games in my day, but this one was by far the best. Dave, the banter between you and Noel was hilarious. It was like nothing I'd ever seen on the show before. The Banker quoting your posts was cool as well, as was your rummaging through the many secret compartments of the Pound Table. And that first offer of H2005 was priceless. You're definitely a legend in my eyes, and I hope you enjoy every penny of that well-deserved £6,500. I hope you enjoyed your time on the show. I was praying you'd get a decent win, and that's exactly what you did. Now, if only I could post it again, there would be another box that you'd be allowed to keep. And it would have a red, or maybe even a gold label inside ;) .

Oh, and Dirk's war dance left me in stiches, as I'm sure it did everyone else as well :lol: .

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:17 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Forum Games Moderator

Time to bring out the stupid box again :lol:

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:17 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

Time for one more pic (I may post one of the box if there's enough demand :ponder: ).

The watermark was added by myself to stop any "pesky little gits" using the photo for their own "pesky little purposes".

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:18 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Forum Games Moderator

You need to preserve these bananas!

Or, eat them! :P

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:18 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)
Forum Games Moderator

Yes - with the 50p label please.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:21 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

I've found what I was planning to post about Noel. Note that what I say is true and are my real feelings... if I wanted to be negative about Noel then I'd just keep quiet.

Over the past few years on this forum I've read many comments by ex-contestants who say how great Noel is and so on and I've just taken it for granted really. I've always liked him and thought he's been a fabulous presenter and is a true professional in what he does, however I was nicely surprised when I was in Bristol at just how professional and how nice he really is in real life, both when the cameras are rolling and when they're not just before filming starts.

Throughout my time on the wings I always enjoyed it when he had banter with me and it was all good fun to provide a bit of entertainment. The way he quickly reacts to what people say is brilliant - his fast wit and sense of humour really does make for good entertainment, especially when you're watching it live in the studio.

At the start of my game, I felt a bit nervous (who doesn't?!) especially as I'm a naturally shy person anyway. However, after a few minutes I felt very settled, and I think it's because of Noel! He didn't do anything to calm me down as such, but I just felt less nervous because I could tell from his eyes, voice and body language that he was really listening to me and caring about everything I said - and that made me feel relaxed.

I also really enjoyed the way we interacted with each other throughout my show, and I felt at ease with doing so. The other contestants commented afterwards how it was clear we had respect for each other, and I think that came across as we were both lightly mocking each other whenever we could but it was always done light-heartedly and I think he enjoyed it as much as I did.

I have wondered in the past whether Noel is actively influencing the players' decisions during the game, and whilst I can't comment on what he's been like in the past, I can say that during the shows I saw, he didn't appear to be influencing people one way or the other, and seemed very balanced in everything he said. To be honest, and I may be speaking for myself, but I can't really remember what he said to me when I was thinking about whether to deal or no deal at each of the offers, so he certainly didn't influence me!

So long live Noel Edmonds! Although I still maintain that he's going to start finding that filming schedule tough now he's 60... ;)

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: 23/03 David (Our very own H2005)

h2005 wrote:
I have wondered in the past whether Noel is actively influencing the players' decisions during the game, and whilst I can't comment on what he's been like in the past, I can say that during the shows I saw, he didn't appear to be influencing people one way or the other, and seemed very balanced in everything he said. To be honest, and I may be speaking for myself, but I can't really remember what he said to me when I was thinking about whether to deal or no deal at each of the offers, so he certainly didn't influence me!

So long live Noel Edmonds! Although I still maintain that he's going to start finding that filming schedule tough now he's 60... ;)

To be fair I think this comes across on screen as well! Long gone are the days where he may have slightly swayed some contestants and he is properly neutral now! Todays show wouldnt have been anything without Noel! So yes long live the Edmonds!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

[ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]