Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:40 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:40 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:44 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

Warnings: 0
Lewis246 wrote:
Is this the most volatile 8-box board ever?

I wish I knew, ha ha ha.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:44 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

Uh oh...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen
International Forums Moderator

Lewis, yes.

What the hell do you offer on this board? The first thing I'd do here is ask the Banker what I'd get for an all-blue round...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Andrea10163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:45 pm    Author: Andrea10163    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

I would deal at £20k. She is a gutsy lady if she goes on.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

Twenty grand? If she turns this down I'm rooting for the £250k to go - it is that insanely generous and if she turns that down she really needs to get a grip on the value of money and her ability to be swayed by temptation. I'm sorry, but that's the only way to put it.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:46 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel says that is unprecedented on DOND for the Banker to go up after a round like that... Doreen still talks about playing to the end, but gets some advice to be careful now...

Doreen says

NO DEAL

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:46 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

Well, I would be okay whatever she decides

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:47 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

Oh wow! :shock:

I thought she would deal here

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

Well, she's shown zero regard for the value of money with that decision, and I really want it not to pay off so that the other contestants don't get pressured into making similarly reckless decisions themselves.

Andrea10163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:47 pm    Author: Andrea10163    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

Why did Noel say...we dont care what is in the box? We dont want to see the 250k

buzzar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:47 pm    Author: buzzar    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

maybe she'll actually go all the way ? :shock:

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:48 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

killersbee wrote:
Well, I would be okay whatever she decides

Me too. Whatever decisions people make, as long as they know the consequences, they can play it how they want. I'm not watching it, but I'm cetain she doesn't look like the kind of person who is going to cry over any potential spilling of milk...

SO GO ON DOREEN!!!

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:48 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

Round 5

4 - £100 Claire

Noel says this seems more tense with Doreen's system than someone doing it randomly

17 - £50 Rich

10 - £500 :D Patricia

Banker time

Andrea10163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:49 pm    Author: Andrea10163    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

The chances of having 6 blues in a row is pretty low...i dont think she should go on

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

If she can take it, fine.

It's the two and a half million viewers I'm worried about. I don't want Doreen setting an example like this to them, and I really, really, really don't want Noel endorsing that example all spring.

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:49 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

WOW!!! :D :D :D

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:50 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

Noel turns to the wings and says that you can see the pressure now on the final 3 players on the wings! Doreen speaks to the Banker and tells him he has a lovely voice :P She asks him what he is going to offer her now to change her mind here...

Banker's offer:

£50,000

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:50 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

Andrea10163 wrote:
The chances of having 6 blues in a row is pretty low...i dont think she should go on

If she is 4 blues : 1 red (I'm guessing from the comments), to go all blue again is 40%. Not that bad.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

From here, if this offer is £32,000 or less, she has effectively partaken in a negative-expectation gamble. If she takes that, she'd then be proven irrational for No Dealing £20,000 assuming a standard utility function (which for these stakes and this situation you absolutely have to IMO).

It isn't, it's the mean.

If she turns this down, then I am actually going to wish her the worst of luck.

Andrea10163

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: Andrea10163    Post subject: Re: 27/02 Doreen

I'm worried at her attitude now :( £50k is more than anybody could wish for...but I suppose she may be a gambler that doesnt know when to stop :smt009

[ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]