Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:43 am Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 10:43 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next

clareclw1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:43 am    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Warnings: 0
I forgot to say that I wish I was there to help drink the £1000 behind the bar... :cry:
It might not have lasted as long though... :smt047

Marc EH

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:47 am    Author: Marc EH    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

clareclw1 wrote:
I forgot to say that I wish I was there to help drink the £1000 behind the bar... :cry:
It might not have lasted as long though... :smt047

LOL - I bet that was a great night!! :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:48 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Also, looking at the filming dates thread, am I right in thinking that Daniel's show wasn't the last one filmed that day. I know Noel won't give away onscreen the fact that they film multiple shows in a day but if I read it right, Sunday's show would have been filmed straight after without the chance for the contestants to spend the night in the bar in between.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:09 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

I enjoyed Daniel's game today. It's nice to see someone deal at the third offer and give the banker a spanking, It's not happened for so long. Anyway, many congratulations on the £16,500 Daniel and all the best for your forthcoming wedding. And well done for getting the £1000 to put behind the bar! I hope the people who played the next day weren't too hungover!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:18 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel
International Forums Moderator

Jimmy's game was the last of a taping day, so yes, Sunday is the last taping of that particular day. Will be amusing to see if any faux-drunken behaviour appears on the Sunday show.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:28 am    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

KP wrote:
Jimmy's game was the last of a taping day, so yes, Sunday is the last taping of that particular day. Will be amusing to see if any faux-drunken behaviour appears on the Sunday show.

Would it not be Mondays show as that will be the first show of the morning after the night before ;)

Jim

travis P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:28 am    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

KP wrote:
Perhaps things have improved. Were any of you in the audience for episodes that taped between Laura's game and that week of third-offer Deals (which seemed to be the beginning of the end for Wakeyist play)? Because that strikes me as the time when external pressure was at its strongest.

I was there barely a recording fornight after Laura's win and just the odd show after your favourites ;) Bunney and Dennis and there was nothing to show they were being pressured to carry onto 8 box. To be honest, the offers were resonable for both shows and the big one was removed very early.

Millie: £13,000/£14,100 (after £250,000)/£10,500/£10,500/£7,100/£28,000
Paul: £7,500 (after £250,000)/£10,000/£18,000/£26,000/£28,000/£14,000

DanJudge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:30 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Quote:
Daniel's game is going into my top 10 favourites of all time

Quote:
Was I the only one so bored with this game that I switched off and had to check here to see what he won...Found Daniel was a bit of a ****

Quote:
1 word: amazing! Just as I hoped and a lot lot more.

Quote:
I didn't enjoy it either, I was bored through it

So we're all agreed then, ha ha ha.

I am glad that so many of you seemed to enjoy it. I always wanted my game to sort of bring out the characters of my mates in the wing, so it did include a lot of mild ribbing, like the alice comment, the lego head, the tinky winky woo and theAndreas being my girfriend thing. I have to agree with a comment that Big D made about being sick of all my advice. As much as I loved being a focal point (he tries to say without getting a big head....), I also was a bit dissapointed that some of my other mates weren't getting the opportunity to let their personalities shine, so my show was less about winning money, but more about having a good laugh with my mates. I loved Russ, Andreas and Richs comments today and the truth is a lot of the ribbing was edited out, which is understandable, because the game was only 45 minutes I guess.

For those who didn't enjoy the game, I can see why you may not and have a few reasons why, but if the following don't apply then I guess all I can say is that you can't please everyone.

If you didn't like the 3rd deal then I have no excuse and wouldn't want to make one anyway. It was the perfect deal, regardless of proveout because I knew the risks and made the decision based on how much I needed to get the big money.... which I didn't. The offer was very generous (and I'll come to that in a bit) and with approximately a 50-50 chance of getting rid of one of the top 2 boxes in the next round, I knew a decline was very possible. Remember that games don't have to get destroyed by one really bad round, many of them get chipped away at, one round at a time. I knew that and I can only leave the game at that stage with a good offer and it was an insta-deal in my head when I heard it. The offers were always going to be 100% my decision, nothing could ever sway me, even the definite feeling from audience and players that there was more time in the game.

If people didn't like my ribbing of the players (Rich didn't look impressed, I never noticed that at the time, ha ha ha), then I again have no excuses. As you may have seen with my comments towards Clare, I love to take the P155 out of her a bit. It's what I do. I like banter and if that came accross as being a bit rude, then all I can say is that the people who I tore into saw the funny side and I'm still good friends with them all, so I guess they took it alright, ha ha ha.

If people didn't like the twist in the game where I was offering the banker money, then that was out of my hands, so theres nothing I can do about that.

If anyone didn't like the fact that I didn't show too much emotion on both the offers and the box openings, then I will say now that I was always going to do that. I play poker and know the importance of not letting the opponent know your strategy, so I will say by doing that, I was helping myself out, which I will make no apology for.

I think thats about it for my reasons why the game may have not been great for everyone and if none of the above adequately explains why you may not have liked it then I guess thats cool, Everyones entitled to their opinions and I'm just glad everyone were comfortable enough to say so.

As for the big money being offered, I'd like to pretend it happened because of my poker face, but I think they just knew that they weren't going to get any tension on the deals unless they were close to the mean. I'd been careful not to give my game away in the build up and gave all my advice based on the player at the table, so there was no way the banker could really pluck out a particular amount of money that got me thinking. I think another reason why they could offer good offers with a degree of safety was that the banker was still on play and that he was always going to go to the end to keep viewers paying attention to whether we would win the £1000 (which lasted about 2 hours btw). Either way, I know that if I got regular offers in that game, I would have barely got to £10k with any of the offers, So whatever the bankers reasons are for giving good offers, I'm just happy he did!

The show was the second of the day to be filmed.

I think I answered most of the queries, remind me if I didn't......... oh, 1 more point.

And I doubt very much whether my 3rd round deal will change anything at all. It's financial suicide to lose a full add break by the amount of people who turn off at the deal point.

So if I missed anything, please say so, but I hope that you at least found the game interesting, if not entertaining, but from the comments on here, it seems as though my show was (on the whole) a good one, so I'm glad of that.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:38 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

I think you summed it up perfectly in the show; the best part of the show usually is from 8-box onwards...so naturally the main consensus on here aren't big fans of third offer deals. As you can tell by some of the comments made of the moment (noticeably Mark), it did look like suicide to a few.

But at the same time, it was apt for a third offer deal to be proven to be the right thing to do, especially for arguably the best board-reader of the show so far. For instance, as you already said earlier, you wanted a perfect game for the moment to feel completely right...and if there was money missed out on, it wouldn't have felt anywhere near as delicious as it turned out to be (eg keeping both the £75,000 and £100,000 to 8-box, naturally missing out on more money, THEN crashing).

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Jasmine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:34 pm    Author: Jasmine    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

I had complete faith in this being a legendary game, and it was ! Daniel took the perfect offer and I am so glad it proved to be the right thing to do ! hope you enjoyed the 16,500 grand - the 12.30 you gave to the banker :-D

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:12 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

One thing Dan! What would of been the highest offer you would have No Dealt at 11 box?

travis P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:31 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

DanJudge wrote:
If you didn't like the 3rd deal then I have no excuse and wouldn't want to make one anyway. It was the perfect deal.

I'm not bothered if you dealt at the third offer. It just makes the proveout longer and more interesting. Some are forgetting that we are fortunate we keep the proveout in as other versions don't bother. Glenn Hugill has always supported this as we always want to share pleasure and pain with the person onscreen. I tend to say it's their game they can do what they like and as proven yesterday you have done that, it was your decision.

Also the twist that was brought in was another to add to the long list that we have original and unique ideas slipped into the UK production.

Winnings wise you might not be remembered in 1-2 years time but you will be remembered by some as the guy who played DoND with The Banker.

DanJudge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:56 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Quote:
One thing Dan! What would of been the highest offer you would have No Dealt at 11 box?

I think the fact it was over 3/4 of the mean was a big factor, if it was £15k, I think that for some reason I would probably still deal though, in my head £15k was like the bankers 2nd old faithful, it is just the amount of money that tempts a lot of the younger players. If it is £14k, I think I could turn it down, but the way I saw it was that he rarely seems to go above 75% of the mean and usually you have to work hard to get there, when he offered me above 75% on the third offer, I knew that there was now very little room for improvement in terms of %age of mean and that it definitely couldn't be guaranteed.

So to conclude, I would say that £14-15k would have been thinking time, below that would have been a no deal and as soon as it was clearly above £15k, it was an automatic decision for me, I kept it to myself, gave the producers what they want (reasoning behind your decision) and then after they had enough footage to build up to the question, I dealt. If I had one regret it would have been to say my little speech, but hint that I would still no deal, then I could get the question and Deal with a major shock in the studio, I would have loved that, ha ha ha ha. At the time, the offer was so good that I didn't even think. Not to mention the fact it meant I was 10% better of than Clare, ;), something that I remind her about on an almost daily basis! ha ha

One more note, didn't Mark post on here at the time of dealing that I should have known better? Maybe I did....... It's interesting that he chose not to post again..... ha ha ha.

As for mad_mark, it takes a big person to maybe admit that some of the things he has said may be wrong or ill-informed, so I liked the fact that he took some of the things he said back and re-thought his views on the show. I'd also like to thank everyone on here, whether you had good or bad things to say. Thankyou for watching my game.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

He is obsessed with player wins, simple as - note that he said he'd have dealt at £16,500 too...yet on another day he'd take a 2-box deal (basically always the maximum...ALWAYS using hindsight...how unsporting... :roll: )

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel
Forum Games Moderator

Mad Mark is perfect. He can't fail.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:32 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

DanJudge wrote:
Quote:

I think the fact it was over 3/4 of the mean was a big factor, if it was £15k, I think that for some reason I would probably still deal though, in my head £15k was like the bankers 2nd old faithful, it is just the amount of money that tempts a lot of the younger players. If it is £14k, I think I could turn it down, but the way I saw it was that he rarely seems to go above 75% of the mean and usually you have to work hard to get there, when he offered me above 75% on the third offer, I knew that there was now very little room for improvement in terms of %age of mean and that it definitely couldn't be guaranteed.

So to conclude, I would say that £14-15k would have been thinking time, below that would have been a no deal and as soon as it was clearly above £15k, it was an automatic decision for me, I kept it to myself, gave the producers what they want (reasoning behind your decision) and then after they had enough footage to build up to the question, I dealt. If I had one regret it would have been to say my little speech, but hint that I would still no deal, then I could get the question and Deal with a major shock in the studio, I would have loved that, ha ha ha ha. At the time, the offer was so good that I didn't even think. Not to mention the fact it meant I was 10% better of than Clare, ;), something that I remind her about on an almost daily basis! ha ha

One more note, didn't Mark post on here at the time of dealing that I should have known better? Maybe I did....... It's interesting that he chose not to post again..... ha ha ha.

As for mad_mark, it takes a big person to maybe admit that some of the things he has said may be wrong or ill-informed, so I liked the fact that he took some of the things he said back and re-thought his views on the show. I'd also like to thank everyone on here, whether you had good or bad things to say. Thankyou for watching my game.

Thank you Dan! Did you get £16,500 or £16,487.50 written on the cheque?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel
International Forums Moderator

I love how narrow your corridor of uncertainty was, Dan. That is the sign of a decisive game-player (although the board stability helped).

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:37 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel
Forum Games Moderator

DanJudge wrote:
Quote:

I don't think Mark sees the real value of money. He thinks he can just go into the dream factory and win £250,000 in 20 minutes as if it was an online PC game. If anybody doesn't do something right he isn't happy.

I don't really see the real value of money either - I would have gone on myself to win the £8,250. You've just proved to us that 3rd offers can work - that should silence the wakeyists! :teeth

DanJudge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:45 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel

Just to confirm, my earlier comments were about "mark" and the paragraph after that was about "mad-mark".

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:46 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 20/02 Daniel
Forum Games Moderator

I got that Dan

[ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]