Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:52 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:52 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Marc EH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:09 pm    Author: Marc EH    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

Warnings: 0
jimmycross wrote:
I know a couple of people see it as me losing the game and a bit of a disappointment cos 75k was in my box...but to me...the way my game went.....25k was the jackpot and that was never in a million years getting turned down...
:D Jim

Totally agree with that Jimmy. 25K is a massive amount of money and I'm sure there isn't many that would say 'No Deal' to that!

rico7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:25 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

Marc EH wrote:
jimmycross wrote:
I know a couple of people see it as me losing the game and a bit of a disappointment cos 75k was in my box...but to me...the way my game went.....25k was the jackpot and that was never in a million years getting turned down...
:D Jim

Totally agree with that Jimmy. 25K is a massive amount of money and I'm sure there isn't many that would say 'No Deal' to that!

Agreed, only out and out Wakeyists would turn down that kind of an offer on a blue/75K finish! :shock:

Well done Jimmy, a great show to watch, fully deserved win, and clearly the banker liked your bravery. :D

Given the amount of 8 box and 5 box deals we've had recently, I think we'll see the trend of high offers at 2 box continue both in live play as well as the proveout.

I was a bit surprised Noel didn't the hypothetical swap as he normally does if someone deals at 2 box and they would have swapped. The offers were reasonable for the board today, it would have been reasonable to deal any of the offers after the game started disintegrating, yet equally justified to no deal. No dealing 25K would be pure Wakeyism, though we've seen it happen on 75K/blue finishes with slightly lower offers.

I expect Noel will mention how the big money has been coming to the table tomorrow, but given that Jimmy would have swapped, he can hardly say that another opportunity to win a Power 5 amount has been squandered!

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:15 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

Personally I don't give a *beep* what was in the box, that was an excellent game, and I was really on the edge of my seat willing that third box to be blue, and it was made more tense by the fact that the 5-box offer was sort-of dealable (I'd have been looking for a couple of thousand more but at least he wasn't forced on with something ridiculously low like Steve was), and the "turning left or right" moment when 3 boxes were left was full of drama.

I could tell he didn't care what was in the box, and it was obvious from quite a few minutes before that 8 was the box he really wanted at the table too, so £25k was by far the most he was going to get. It was £7,500 more than Ade got on the same last pair!!

And the big difference between this and Nagib from yesterday was that I reallt wanted both Jimmy and Nikki to win big (she was one of the best wifes I've seen with regards to how the husband plays the game - the polar opposite of Pip's wife :) ) whereas Nagib really got on my nerves.

Did anyone find it odd that they didn't mention Ian as the newbie (only Wayne was mentioned - they usually do in most games where there are two newbies). :?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:25 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

That was a great game, I have to say I felt he had something of 1p Nick about him and as long as that amount remained I wondered if he would be joining him on that barge (or whatever it is they inhabit these days, probably a skyscraper before long!) But he turned it round, took a decent gamble at 5-box and won some serious money.

In reference to the banned Wakey Army, I think even Basicasic would have respected his decision there, as he at least didn't mind players who took a chance or two before dealing a fair offer later on (was the third offer dealers he really couldn't stand I seem to remember!) That was a very good offer on £75k/blue, as I'm sure those who got around £15k or even just a swap offer would confirm.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy
International Forums Moderator

Strangely enough - and this was the first I knew of what was up with David - both newbies were introduced to the audience...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

taff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:33 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

That has to be the most emotional dond ever! What a fantastic couple - I'm so pleased for you both.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:34 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

Power5 wrote:
In reference to the banned Wakey Army, I think even Basicasic would have respected his decision there, as he at least didn't mind players who took a chance or two before dealing a fair offer later on (was the third offer dealers he really couldn't stand I seem to remember!) That was a very good offer on £75k/blue, as I'm sure those who got around £15k or even just a swap offer would confirm.

Yes you're right, although he really laid into £33,333 Dave who dealt an offer of similar generosity on a last pair one rung up from what Jimmy had......but I think that was more about Dave's personality traits. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

DanJudge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:51 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

Yeah, he did say at five box or before the last box that the offer will be either £25 or £25k, thats why that last box was my favourite moment, because we knew it's exact value. Choosing between two numbers for £25k (although in hindsight he could have picked any).

Amazing moment. I notice they cut a lot of my punching the air. I guess they're trying to paint me as an emotionless machine...... which generally isn't far off, ha ha ha.

Ace game!!!

ciderduck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:57 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

Good game! Good game! :) there was me thinking argh, shoulda gone at 12.5, so there you go. What a turnaround. Nikki's attitude was just brilliant. Congrats jimmy, excellent result

a-laura-wannabe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:18 pm    Author: a-laura-wannabe    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

KP wrote:
Strangely enough - and this was the first I knew of what was up with David - both newbies were introduced to the audience...

Thought I was going doo-lally - was David not there today? What's happened to him? :ponder:

Jimmy - so so chuffed for you and your lovely partner - and what a cutie-pie is JJ ??

All the very best to you in the future - enjoy the 25K ! :D

Mand xx

DanJudge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:24 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

I do remember wanting to punch that guy in the audience square in his jaw (although he was a big fella and I've never punched anyone before, he'd have floored me!! ha ha ha).

He was saying that it's 3 times the money for a 1 in 2 shot. Which is true of course, but we're talking about risking high stakes to get there. If we were talking £75p and £75 and he'd dealt at £25, I'd agree, take the gamble, but he wanted to play that game at 1000 times the scale!!! get off it. He was either rich or stupid and he didn't look rich :). Especially after the amount of work it took to get to that great offer.

Jimmy Nailed it by talking about greed and ambition!

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:25 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

Loved the game, well done Jimmy!!!! :-D Very pleased for you both!

Power5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:31 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

One thing that surprised me was Daniel using the phrase "You've got a lot of blues to hit" or something like it, as an encouragement to go on. That one's been used a fair bit over the years and I've never been a particular fan of it, as while it's true it generally also means "you haven't got many reds left, and if you hit one you're in real trouble" - so a bit surprised to see a statistician come out with it, unless it was meant in a different way?

DanJudge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:52 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

Quote:
One thing that surprised me was Daniel using the phrase "You've got a lot of blues to hit" or something like it, as an encouragement to go on. That one's been used a fair bit over the years and I've never been a particular fan of it, as while it's true it generally also means "you haven't got many reds left, and if you hit one you're in real trouble" - so a bit surprised to see a statistician come out with it, unless it was meant in a different way?

As clare and Jimmy will no doubt confirm, my advice usually came in its droves. A lot of the things I see myself say on TV are edited and I can even remember which bits usually, but the specific bit of advice you're referring to will probably be the end of a long speech. I used to give lots and lots of the same key bits of information, like the percentage chance of hitting certain outcomes, but I guess the producers don't like the same advice to keep getting aired from show to show, so I have noticed a few little snippets being used by me that are a little out of context, particularly during love week.

I can't remember exactly what I said during that particular part, but it did seem a bit out of character when I watched it back.

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:07 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

rico7 wrote:
I was a bit surprised Noel didn't the hypothetical swap as he normally does if someone deals at 2 box and they would have swapped.

Would Noel have been able to do the hypothetical swap as the banker didn't phone to say he would have given the swap until after Jimmys box had been opened ?

As for the game...well done Jimmy on that £25k win....well deserved and an enjoyable game with a brave no deal at 5 box on what was basically all or peanuts.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

That was fantastic!

£5,200 wouldn't have been a bad deal if he took it...but to go on and then pull out the perfect round was brilliant luck!

£25,000 was a justified reward for his bravery and because of how generous that offer was on his final two, missing out on £75,000 from his own box (regardless of saying he'd have swapped or not) shouldn't mean a thing!

Great game, and great win!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

foxxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:23 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

Just so pleased for Jimmy, Nikki and JJ!

The game had such a great feel good factor about it, and Nikki was absolutely superb in the way she supported him!

I wish you all so much good luck for the future! :smt023

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:23 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

well we seem to be continuing with offers of autumn 06 generosity which is good, most of the decisions including this one were justifiable recently even if some power 5s haven't been 'won'.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:47 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

This Mark would have played on as well. I wasn't too keen about that £25,000 offer. And 5 is close enough to 7, which is my favorite number.

Yet another typical day on DoND, where everything is made up, and the money in your box doesn't matter.

Congrats to Jimmy, regardless. Enjoy the money :) .

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:07 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 18/02 Jimmy

Mad Mark wrote:
This Mark would have played on as well. I wasn't too keen about that £25,000 offer. And 5 is close enough to 7, which is my favorite number.

Yet another typical day on DoND, where everything is made up, and the money in your box doesn't matter.

Congrats to Jimmy, regardless. Enjoy the money :) .

The other box left at the end (8) was closer to it though. ;-)

[ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]