Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:14 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:14 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

Warnings: 0
Oh phew!!! :D

Enjoy £26,000, Nagib :)

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:57 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

MisterAl wrote:
kestral wrote:
Daniel gives the exact average for the board £30,610.06

£30,610.02, actually. (Dan got it right, though.)

Sorry, misheard Daniel :oops:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

alexandercbrown wrote:
what a game! - I can't wait to hear KP's take on this. ;)

The editing of the show is going to have his blood pressure hit the roof alone...never mind the insane generosity of the offers that were turned down...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

DanJudge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

To be honest, I wish theyd have kept in the bit where I got the average wrong. It was only of by about £750ish, but it then puts into context why I gave the next average to the exact penny. I hope I don't come across as cocky for doing that now. I even stated that sentence with "Well I got the average wrong last time, but now....". Now it will probably just sound like me showing off.

ah well, never mind.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:59 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

I'll have to watch this one later - but 'conspiracy theories' are a bit silly.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:00 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

DanJudge wrote:
To be honest, I wish theyd have kept in the bit where I got the average wrong. It was only of by about £750ish, but it then puts into context why I gave the next average to the exact penny. I hope I don't come across as cocky for doing that now. I even stated that sentence with "Well I got the average wrong last time, but now....". Now it will probably just sound like me showing off.

ah well, never mind.

you didnt look cocky at all, it went well with the game i thought.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:02 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

First of all, good debut H and the best of luck in your game :)

Secondly well done Nagib for beating the banker and enjoy every penny of 26k

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:02 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

Great game, great win. Congrats to Nagib on winning £26,000 :D !

Also, what a great debut by our very own H, AKA David! Keep up the great work! I'm joining your fan club for sure :lol: !

This forum is full of people named David or Steve. It's amazing.

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:04 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

DanJudge wrote:

ah well, never mind.

At least you didn't get it wrong by the same margins that Nagib got the averages wrong.

And no, you didn't come across at all cocky at that point.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:04 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

clareclw1 wrote:
DanJudge wrote:

ah well, never mind.

I agree. I thought it came across as really funny that you suddenly gave the mean correct to the exact penny!

Cazzie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:06 pm    Author: Cazzie    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

mike wrote:
killersbee wrote:
Our H got a kiss!!!

HAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And seemed a little shocked :lol:

:laughing That was brilliant... bit of a pressure box for his first one though! :shock: Great debut :-D

Well done Nagib on £26,000. Thought it would be the banker's gamble at the end... I might have been tempted with that

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:06 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

So would I, but I would've declined the Banker's Gamble

KP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib
International Forums Moderator

I wasn't watching as my Freeview box isn't working. Looks like I saved myself a heart attack with the editing and the eight-box ND, so very glad I didn't watch - if 100k had been in the box I'd have written to Ofcom, it's as simple as that.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:13 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

clareclw1 wrote:
DanJudge wrote:

ah well, never mind.

I agree, seemed to fit in perfectly

Big D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:14 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

killersbee wrote:
Our H got a kiss!!!

HAHA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He'd get a kiss off me after every box ;)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:18 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

Behave yourself Big D - there's obviously a few more weeks left for you to think that yet :smt019 !

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

DanJudge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:21 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

Quote:
At least you didn't get it wrong by the same margins that Nagib got the averages wrong.

And no, you didn't come across at all cocky at that point.

I guess it fits with the maths theme.

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

Crikey, 10 minutes after the show ended and the thread's already 7 pages long!! :shock:

Managed to get home early enough for today's game and it didn't disappoint. First up - Good to see you on the show H, about time one of our number made it on there, and thankfully it's not someone who'd have run to the front and beaten the player senseless for dealing too early ;) you did look a bit uncomfortable with Nagib kissing you though.

Nagib did well from the poor start he had with the small blues not shifting, by the second break I'd have been thinking if the next one's blue, the offer's probably worth dealing. Nagib seemed to get quite emotional when the £15,000 was offered and I was surprised he didn't take it. Fortunately he was lucky enough to have an all-blue round afterwards - I certainly wouldn't advise future players in a similar situation to expect to be as lucky (one of the other recent games I've seen is Sarah from a month ago, who wasn't so lucky). I was glad when Nagib dealt the £26,000, although at 2-box I had a horrible feeling the banker was going to some ridiculous offer like £50k, mercifully he didn't (nice one Daniel ;-) ) and Nagib only could've had a few grand more.

Overall a good game, most of the games I've seen live lately haven't had ideal outcomes so I'm happy. Although it must be said, Nagib's 'walk like an Egyptian' looked more like a freestyle swim... :laughing

EnglishDevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:39 pm    Author: EnglishDevil    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

Big D wrote:
clareclw1 wrote:
DanJudge wrote:

ah well, never mind.

I agree, seemed to fit in perfectly

Yeh. It tied in well with the 'storyline' of Nagib getting the averages wrong on previous shows. Tied in perfectly with the final proveout offer. And it was pretty funny too.

Strange game today. It was a mix of 'maths' and emotions ... the emotional side of it made for a good show ... the 'maths' side didn't. Personally I didn't warm to Nagib and his way of choosing boxes, which whilst essentially picking random he tried to give it a 'i know something about maths' twist. And when the maths was needed it seemed to pass him by. :roll:

Despite that he got some great offers ... the £25k was very generous and he did right to take it. Not sure why the banker gave such a generous offer ... if it was a bit lower than that I think Nagib would have been very tempted to play on which would have made for a more interesting finish.

It would have been good to see the 2 box offer in live play too.

£250k in box 8.

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:42 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 17/02 Nagib

Cazzie wrote:

:laughing That was brilliant... bit of a pressure box for his first one though! :shock: Great debut :-D

Well done Nagib on £26,000. Thought it would be the banker's gamble at the end... I might have been tempted with that

Agreed. A really good game for Nagib, and a great start for h! :D

Nagib was a great contestant, quick-witted and with a big heart. I was concerned it could have headed for a trainwreck when he no dealt the £15K but he hit the 36% chance of avoiding the two big ones perfectly.

It's clear from Noel's comments at the start about Carla's game where he reiterated how she "missed a great opportunity" that he likes it when contestants play instinctively oblivious to the odds and shouldn't rely so much on statisticians like Dan who he referred to as "spreadsheet boy", but should follow their heart. I think Carla should be encouraged for appreciating the value of money. I would have been very happy with £30,000 when I was 19! :shock:

Surely though you can still play courageously, and yet be aware of how good the offers are in relation to all the stats in terms of knowing the mean, the odds etc. Even if you know the risks involved you can still throw caution to the wind but it's better to know what the risks are first isn't it?

[ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]