Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:06 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 7:06 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:42 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
He was on the show last summer, and dealt at the third offer of £22,500 with all the reds from £20k upwards in play; then went on to have "proveout" offers of £50,000 and £75,000, before £100,000 was revealed in his box.

EDIT: KP beat me to it. But at least we're on 12 pages now!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:01 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Here is the highlights of his game, from the official DoND YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJOZaViT-rs

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:03 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

It amazes me how much people use the proveout as the justificartion of a decision.

In poker, when a couple of players are all in before the flop and they flip their cards over to see someone with KA suited against QQ, it is cleverly known as a coin flip because at that point it is very close to 50-50. There are lots of variations of hands that are coin flips and most top players will be able to tell that they are 50-50 with their opponent. One thing that often happens in cash games (if the rules allow and the players are friendly to each other) is to run the community cards twice. Which is technically like giving 2 proveouts. If they win 1 each, then it is a tie and if they win both, they win the pot outright.

It would be interesting if, after a deal, we see the boxes come out as normal, but then we saw a second version, where the boxes come out in another random order. I think then people will see how much the proveout is there for TV only and not a justification of a decision.

Just to note that I am not suggesting this gets added to the show, but it would be interesting. With another random proveout for this weeks game, we could have seen Del being the guy who turned down £250k or Clare as the person who got out of the game at the perfect time....

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special
Administrator & Global Moderator

DanJudge wrote:
It amazes me how much people use the proveout as the justificartion of a decision.

Personally, I don't, but there are plenty on here who do (Mad Mark and killersbee are just 2 examples :roll:).

Richard's deal was a shock to me at the time, and regardless of the proveout, I still would've thought it was a mathematically bad deal even though it was the right deal for him due to the sum of money involved.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:07 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Oh hell yes. I'd definitely agree. But I also think once in a blue moon you HAVE to have a proveout like that to show what could have happened. We see far too many perfect proveouts and far too many good proveouts but the Banker still winning. But we don't get many complete disaster proveouts.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

DanJudge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:39 pm    Author: DanJudge    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

I'm guessing the people who take the proveout as a way to justify why a deal shouldn't be done, would not use that same logic if the decision actually turns out to be a wise one.

I know I keep harping on about Clares games, but a few people were very vocal as soon as we saw £95k being mentioned, as if that was some sort of proof of a bad decision.

If the £250k would have gone straight away though, I don't think those same people people would use the same logic and said, "oh, the £250k went, maybe I was wrong. It was a great decision". The truth is they wouldn't have said anything. People who hide behind the proveout, tend to only use it to back up their decisions, but I've not seen it used to admit they were wrong.......

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:17 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Exactly - you get used to it here...I talk quite frequently to "Wakeyists", and i talk quite frequently to people who simply aren't "Wakeyists" - both very often provide sufficient points for going on, or dealing...and that's why I'm glad to be somewhere in the middle always...

Depending on what mood I'm in, I could be ultra cautious one day on here - the next I could be declining stupidly generous offers to win big simply because of what I'd feel about the way the game was going.

And the best big is: I don't use hindsight like Mad Mark does! :D WIN!

a-laura-wannabe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:32 pm    Author: a-laura-wannabe    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Have been away from here for a couple of days, and would take me ages to read through all the posts so apologies if I'm repeating stuff here but just wanted to say to Clare . .

Well done bab! 15K is a smashing amount of money - chuffed to bits for you.

Thought the editing was a bit poo though - did'nt hear you telling Hannah to 'shut up' ??? Heard you telling her that you remembered about the love necklace, but that's a million miles from 'shut up' isn't it ?? Anyway, in my opinion, you came across exactly as you do on here; lovely, heart-of-gold sort of girl, and I wish you all the luck in the future.

Enjoy spending the dosh Clare! :-D

Mand xx

p.s 12 pages? . . are'nt YOU the popular girl!!!???? :lol:

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:34 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

hi mand! and thankyou very much, i appreciate that. the 15k has done me and my family proud.

12 pages! i know!! hahaha...im glad my game evoked some hot discussion!!! hehehe :-D hope you're ok and had a nice time away? c x x xx :smt047

a-laura-wannabe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:01 pm    Author: a-laura-wannabe    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Thanks Clare - have'nt been 'away' as such, have just been soo v.busy organising my little girl's birthday party that I've just been 'away' from the computer! :-D

I loved your show Clare, and that bit at the end when your mom had a tear in her eye - bet she was really proud of you. And you got the money to pay off your student loan! Thats brilliant bab, it really is. Thanks for giving us a fab show Clare :)

Mand xx

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:01 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Ah yes, mam was emotional love her. she knew how much the money went and obviously wanted me to do well; i think it was probably harder for her than for me!! haha! she's great though and supported me through everything - bad and good, and the difficult decisions so she means a hell of a lot to me. :-)

im really glad you enjoyed the game; even tho i could have had more money, i still stand by my decison as the boxes could have gone the opposite way for me. I did the right thing for me and benfited from £15k as well as a load of great new mates!

hope u have fun at the party!!! ru having jelly and ice cream? kids dont seem to have that anymore!!! :lol:

CharlieDOND

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:05 pm    Author: CharlieDOND    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Well done Clare dont spend it all at once on your baps or cheeky vimto although I wouldnt mind a good feel :laughing

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:10 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

CharlieDOND wrote:
Well done Clare dont spend it all at once on your baps or cheeky vimto although I wouldnt mind a good feel :laughing

hahaha!!! :P :smt047 thanku charlie!
ive certainly enjoyed the money!

how ru?

CharlieDOND

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:10 pm    Author: CharlieDOND    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Good Clare shall we see if we can get this to 13 pages

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:12 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

yes that would be great! do u think this will do it?! :-D

hows the lovely badgers?

CharlieDOND

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:12 pm    Author: CharlieDOND    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Yes lets hope we dont annoy people with the spamming though The badgers are fine

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:14 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

im sure Manfred will tell us if we're annoying people, and it is my thread! hahahaha!
hows the show where ur at the mo?

CharlieDOND

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:17 pm    Author: CharlieDOND    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

Its going well Clare someone won 150,000,000 Uganda Shillings yesterday

Who is Manfred.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:18 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

wow that sounds a lot!!!! hehe, whats that equivalant to in our deal then?

manfred is the spammer guy for the forum! :-D

CharlieDOND

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:21 pm    Author: CharlieDOND    Post subject: Re: 11/02 Clare-Louise - Love Week Special

About £50k

Is his name Manfred Kreuzwirth, I met a Mafred Kreuzwirth when I was in Bristol last year on business (( he was drinking in the same pub as you actually Clare wonder if you met him ))

[ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]