Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:22 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

Warnings: 0
I can sum that up in four words "Curse of the Hottie"

The luck has definitely swung back in the Banker's favour these past few weeks and that show in particular hit me hard.

Sarah came across so well, a bubbly and positive personality and hearing her back story you coulnd't help but admire her for all the positive things that she's done in the past 6 years. Surviving a brain tumour is one thing, taking steps to help others in the same position is another.

I really wanted her to do well, but while i can see that the 8 box offer was good for the board, i have to confess the possibility of an all blue round (or at least a 2 blue/£3k round) would have tempted me on as well.

Really it was a gamble that didn't pay off. a crying shame

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:27 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah
International Forums Moderator

James1978 wrote:
I'd say it was a game with one big decision at 8-box and it went wrong (similar to Pip really in that the big decision went wrong the other way). I'd agree that the £9,500 was dealable (and I'd have dealt it thinking the banker would offer something like 3k next time if one of the biggies went), but at least it happened by being brave rather than being forced on. And also it was nowhere near as bad a no-deal as we would have seen just under two years ago, I remember Theresa turnign down 21k on a similar board and crashing (21k, seriously!!!).

In the days when 10k would have been offered on 100k/4 blues or 75k/orange/3 blues then £9,500 there would have seemed stingy.

So I really hate all the "she deserved to win a blue" comments. It was risky but I was really hoping it paid off for her, sadly not to be. :(

Fair point. Theresa's was on completely another level!! I'm sure Sarah wouldn't have been THAT stupid and I wish she was playing then (although she may have dealt for sub-£10k at 11-box instead?!? She wouldn't have won a blue, put it that way!)

It was a situation where turning it down probably meant playing to the end. I don't think she realised that. The only bad decision on DoND is an ill-informed one, and in my opinion that was an ill-informed decision (although for someone with a different approach to risk a ND would be understandable if they thought 'right, it's a 25% chance of winning £75,000 or more, I'm prepared to go home with a blue, ND'. alexandercbrown might think that!)

Totally agreed with Simon F - he reminds me of another quote from the early days of BB - 'it's funny that in a game with only one decision to make none of the contestants seem to even consider the one thing they have to go on - mathematical probability'.

Guess I've got so used to criticising bad Deals lately that criticising a bad No Deal gives me feelings of nostalgia or something!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

I felt really sad for poor Sarah, she deserved so much more :(

Looks like the bad luck of early 2008 is well truly back and as for "Curse Of The Hottie", I've never looked at it like that, maybe that's what it is :eyes:

I sure hope Cassi and Ty fare much better :-)

wicked stepmother

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:30 pm    Author: wicked stepmother    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

Please, please, please stop talking about "The Curse of the Hottie" ;-) :-D

Ty is stubbornly refusing to even hint at how much she won so I will be on the edge of my seat (or not, maybe?!) with the rest of you. :shock: :shock:

Such a shame for Sarah - she is a lovely young lady :D

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:47 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

You sound like the mother of the forum :lol:

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:15 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

I really liked Sarah so it was a shame to see her go home with £1. She didn't deserve the blue.

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]