Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:27 pm Last visit was: Tue May 14, 2024 7:27 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:24 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

Warnings: 0
Tears coming...

Banker's offer:

£200 + RUBBER DINGHY

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:25 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah
Forum Games Moderator

Mad Mark wrote:
Waiter, I'd like to order a banana sandwich, please...

Shh, still has £3,000.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah
Forum Games Moderator

2-box SHOWDOWN!

£1
£750

Mad Mark you'll hate this, and here's your banana sandwich.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

Shame! I would deal £350!!!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

KP wrote:
The First Rule of DoND: Don't take £20,000 on a board worth £30,000
The Second Rule of DoND: Don't turn down £10,000 on a board worth £7,000

Sarah just violated the latter.

Third Rule of DOND - don't turn down a decent offer at 8 box when it's a 2 box game.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:29 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

NO DEAL

17 - Tony - Does the robot actions to open the box... - £100

10 - Cassi - £3,000. "*beep* can I change my mind?" (C) daniel4389

Talking of daniel4389, 20 - Kerrie - 50p

The Banker says the show has been lucky that she is there.

Banker's offer:

£350
is a NO DEAL

In 8... it's £1! and remaining in Box 5 with Den was £750

Noel's upset that such a lovely lady crashed to just £1. He so much wanted a big win. He says the euphoria has completely left the dream factory, and they need to pick it up for Monday...

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:30 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

Seems like Mary used up all the luck for this week on Monday with her change of mind - although that was a risky decision at 8 box punished by hitting the 10.7% nightmare scenario.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:30 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

Welcome to Chez Mark, where if you fail, the banana sandwich is on us.

I hate to say I told you so, but...

My God, that was just plain awful.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah
International Forums Moderator

Bad game for Wakeyists all round really, especially as this is the last aired game before taping restarts so it could influence those contestants very early on (although the taped episodes will have much more of an effect I'd imagine).

But it was a completely self-inflicted trainwreck where the contestant allowed her heart to overrule her head.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:32 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

I'd have dealt £9,500 in an instant.

Let's hope the luck returns soon.

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:39 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

I'd have been in a real jam over that £9,500 offer... the trouble with 5 blues vs 3 reds is you know an all-blue round is possible but by no means guaranteed, and hitting any red will take the ball well and truly out of your court. I was actually thinking back to Lloyd's game a year ago today, and he had a very similar board (250k there instead of 75k), think I said pretty much the same thing on here back then too...

At first when the 10p went I thought things might be ok, then the £100,00 went and I had a horrible feeling the £75,000 was about to go with Alfonso... and it did... :(

I suppose it would've been worse if she'd left Kerrie to the end and given us an all anti-power 5 finish. At least Sarah was smiling through her tears at the end of it.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

I dunno about that game - I think Noel summed it up well enough; great girl, wonderful sense of humour, just bad boxes.

That £9,500 was generous though, that'd have had me seriously thinking!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:05 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

Ouch, the pretty girl syndrome strickes again. Sarah was lovely and I'm totally gutted for her. I think she'd have been more upset if she'd dealt and ended up with the Lance finish or even one of the biggies in the box not supported with anything meaningful at 2-box.

I'd say it was a game with one big decision at 8-box and it went wrong (similar to Pip really in that the big decision went wrong the other way). I'd agree that the £9,500 was dealable (and I'd have dealt it thinking the banker would offer something like 3k next time if one of the biggies went), but at least it happened by being brave rather than being forced on. And also it was nowhere near as bad a no-deal as we would have seen just under two years ago, I remember Theresa turnign down 21k on a similar board and crashing (21k, seriously!!!).

In the days when 10k would have been offered on 100k/4 blues or 75k/orange/3 blues then £9,500 there would have seemed stingy.

So I really hate all the "she deserved to win a blue" comments. It was risky but I was really hoping it paid off for her, sadly not to be. :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Craig

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:12 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

Mad Mark wrote:
I'd have dealt £9,500 in an instant. A self-inflicted trainwreck is the worst kind of one.

Enjoy your chump change and banana sandwich, Sarah.

As we say here in Quebec, échec épique.

How was that a self-inflicted train wreck? She was a lovely girl who was really stuck at the £9,500 offer but decided to go on in hope for a bit more money and it didnt happen? How was it self inflicted??

And also what a horribly rude thing to say:

Quote:
Enjoy your chump change and banana sandwich, Sarah.

Youshould really think twice about what yousay and how it effects others on this forum because no wonder the contestants are being told not tocome on this forum! its because people like you are saying incrediblyrude things about the players, look at Kate!Lovelygirl, great game andyougo critise her (which was completely uncalled for) and its driven her away from posting on this site!

Very sad end but thats the way the game goes sometimes, hope the luck returns on mondays game!

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:14 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah
Forum Games Moderator

I hate the pretty girl syndrome! :(

Also, I agree 100% with Craig.

rico7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:15 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

Sarah was a great contestant, and I really wanted her to
go home with a good sum of money. To be honest I thought there was some poor advice
from the wings that possibly robbed her of a sensible deal. Good advice would be to give the odds:

In a two box situation like she had at 8 box you only have a 36% chance of avoiding the two high
numbers and improving your offer. Too many train crashes have happened from similar boards.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

rico7 wrote:
go home with a good sum of money. To be honest I thought there was some poor advice
from the wings that possibly robbed her of a sensible deal. Good advice would be to give the odds:

In a two box situation like she had at 8 box you only have a 36% chance of avoiding the two high
numbers and improving your offer. Too many train crashes have happened from similar boards.

To be honest I think hardly anyone apart from forum members know the odds of avoiding two standout boxes from 8-box! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:32 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

Craig wrote:

Youshould really think twice about what yousay and how it effects others on this forum because no wonder the contestants are being told not tocome on this forum! its because people like you are saying incrediblyrude things about the players, look at Kate!Lovelygirl, great game andyougo critise her (which was completely uncalled for) and its driven her away from posting on this site!

Very sad end but thats the way the game goes sometimes, hope the luck returns on mondays game!

Totally seconded - many contestants last year stayed away from here because of certain forum members' comments - now they're not on here anymore, it was starting to look up; but now the negativity is rising up again.

Christmas Day was bad enough, Mark - but you was really harsh in Kate's game thread...and now just because we've had a couple of trainwrecks, they're suddenly self-inflicted? No way.

Just be careful with what you say - you've already asked me why some of your posts have been edited by admin...now you know why.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:51 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

James1978 wrote:
rico7 wrote:

To be honest I think hardly anyone apart from forum members know the odds of avoiding two standout boxes from 8-box! :)

They ought to though. If I was going on a gameshow based on luck, I'd make sure I knew the odds of things happening.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:52 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 11/01 Sarah

Big-Davey wrote:
Craig wrote:

Totally seconded - many contestants last year stayed away from here because of certain forum members' comments - now they're not on here anymore, it was starting to look up; but now the negativity is rising up again.

Christmas Day was bad enough, Mark - but you was really harsh in Kate's game thread...and now just because we've had a couple of trainwrecks, they're suddenly self-inflicted? No way.

Just be careful with what you say - you've already asked me why some of your posts have been edited by admin...now you know why.

They've stayed away because of me? Surely one person can't change everything, but stranger things have been known to happen. I interpet these replies as a much more refined way of saying, "Shut the [blank] up already, Mark!" Perhaps I will. I acknowledge the fact that I sometimes push the envelope a bit to far with my replies. I tend to have a different point of view of certain things. Maybe I was a bit too harsh with what I said. Like all of you, I want to see everyone succeed and win a bundle, but I suppose it can't always happen due to a number of factors. If it did, the show would be boring, I imagine. I intend to keep posting here for a while, so I suppose I should tone it down several (thousand) notches. Box 23 and my favorite phrase - which has morphed into Banana Sandwich - have already been banned; I don't want to be the next one to experience the power of the banhammer. I apologize for the inconvenience, and I'll try to stay on the down-lo for a while.

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]