Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:06 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:06 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:05 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Warnings: 0
LAUREN DID IT!!! :-D

4th £100k winner! :D

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:07 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Mad Mark, bring in Box 23 and declare it, Hall Of Fame

She deserves it!

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:08 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Have to say, I thought the offers throughout today were dreadful, and for that reason, is the least enjoyable of the 100k wins.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:09 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Have a bit of that, Endemol :D :D :D :D

Derisory offers rightly punished

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

It was hard to seperate wishful thinking from what I was watching to be honest. I was warned after what I read about today's game, that it was a big ask and it probably wouldn't have been as "epic"...but the way that game was shown, it was definitely an induced mega win...not to mention the mouth-watering dreams had she gone with Pip and not Eddie at the end.

And for that reason alone, a complete disaster at the end would have probably been more justifiable for the show producers...but seeing as it is Christmas, and we're on the contestants' side...WHAT A WIN! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials
International Forums Moderator

The headlines on Sunday, December 21, 2008:

27% APR 'emergency state loans' slammed
Major retailers set to go bust in 2009
TV Noel hosts 45-minute gambling ad

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

And I've just realised, this is the second-highest weekly payout, second only to the week with Laura's jackpot win.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:13 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Wow, that's great!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:14 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

It'd be no exaggeration to say that was the best game for anyone. It's in my top 5, definitely.

greeny wrote:
Have to say, I thought the offers throughout today were dreadful, and for that reason, is the least enjoyable of the 100k wins.

I disagree, as there was always Betty.

travis P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:15 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Just had a thought. Jean was going on about those corner boxes recently. So she was spot on today.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Betty at least had a decision to make at £19,500...

Craig

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:17 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Oh my....

You complain and complain about how theres no mega winners on the show, then two come along in one week and you still are not happy! I really feel sorry for you guys!

As for the show, it was brilliant. Lauren was lovely and funny and i really wanted to see her win the mega money! And she did!! And a trip to Rome!! Thats like one of the best places to go to in the world! So to get that and £100,000!! Wow!! You can tell how hard she found it after crying when answering the final question so she must have been soo relieved!!

Well Done Lauren on £100,000 and enjoy Rome!!! =D

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:17 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Another contender for game of the year I would say along with Keran, Ellen and 100k Betty

Enjoy the 100k, Lauren, you sure as hell have earned it :)

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

KP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials
International Forums Moderator

Lewis246 wrote:
Betty at least had a decision to make at £19,500...

One heck of a decision, too. I have no idea what I'd have done there, probably a most reluctant Deal. That's the kind of decision we need on the show.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:18 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Well the way I see it is this:

£51,000 was rubbish compared to the six-figure average of the three remaining amounts. But the Banker was so hell bent on the £250,000 being found in the last box, there was just no way he was going to offer monster money incase she actually did find it!

And to complete the irony, she saw through it...and found it! :?

If I'm being completely honest with myself, I probably would have very reluctantly dealt the £51,000...

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:18 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Craig wrote:
Oh my....

You complain and complain about how theres no mega winners on the show, then two come along in one week and you still are not happy! I really feel sorry for you guys!

As for the show, it was brilliant. Lauren was lovely and funny and i really wanted to see her win the mega money! And she did!! And a trip to Rome!! Thats like one of the best places to go to in the world! So to get that and £100,000!! Wow!! You can tell how hard she found it after crying when answering the final question so she must have been soo relieved!!

Well Done Lauren on £100,000 and enjoy Rome!!! =D

If she'd have had challenging offers, I'd have enjoyed it more, but the offers today were disgusting, she had no option but to go to the end.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:20 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Craig wrote:
Oh my....

I think I speak for everyone on this forum when I say...the only person who wouldn't have been satisfied with today's game payout-wise would be SRWILSON!!...even without the now-rumbled spoilers surrounding today's game...

As Greeny has already said, the way the show was manufactured, it was blatantly enforced...

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:21 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Craig wrote:
Oh my....

I'm glad that Ellen and Lauren both had huge wins. I'm happy that we've just seen the biggest win of the year. But those games would have felt a lot better if they'd had some dealable offers at some point.

ell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:21 pm    Author: ell    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Well done Lauren we had a party that night didn't we girl a really good end to the filming way back in June :-D xx

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:24 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 21/12 Lauren - Santa or Scrooge Specials

Not sure what to make of that ending. The £3k prediction for losing the £250k was bizarre. The only possible reasoning is that they wanted her to deal as what I would have perceived as a £30k offer for the worst-case scenario would have been taken away.

My non-gambling family member thought she was crazy to turn down £51k and I'm inclined to see his point of view (especially with £170k/£51k/£3k possibilities).

[ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]