Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

Warnings: 0
Banana Sandwich for this one! :(

wkd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:05 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

Big-Davey wrote:
The £1,000 was in box 3 with Jean.

Tina claims she's happy as she's going home with £250 more than she came with!

And that's the spirit to play the game with!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:06 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

No. It was not a great game at all.

Box 23 says

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:09 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

In gameplay alone you can call it an Banana Sandwich, but I really admired Tina's resolve when the game crashed to nothing - Noel said himself that others would have broken down, but Tina carried on as if nothing happened.

So what if this is the first "negative" game since Keran's...I think it still ended on a positive note by what Tina made of herself! :)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:11 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

Big-Davey wrote:
In gameplay alone you can call it an Banana Sandwich, but I really admired Tina's resolve when the game crashed to nothing - Noel said himself that others would have broken down, but Tina carried on as if nothing happened.

So what if this is the first "negative" game since Keran's...I think it still ended on a positive note by what Tina made of herself! :)

To me, it's less about the contestants themselves, and more about what they win. But if she handled it well, I guess that's good.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:12 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

The Banker's clearly recovered from Keran's game then...

At least it took longer than two games this time...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

Check out www.channel4.com Mark - go to the catch-up section and watch today's show, if not any others you find on there...you'll soon realise that the players don't just come on the show to win money! :smt023

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:13 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

Big-Davey wrote:
Check out http://www.channel4.com Mark - go to the catch-up section and watch today's show, if not any others you find on there...you'll soon realise that the players don't just come on the show to win money! :smt023

Today's show isn't on yet Davey, but yes, it's how I watch the shows now, given S4C sucks.

rico7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:40 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

It seems worse when the big amount is picked at the end of the round to destroy a game, and that was
a real heartbreaker, but full credit to the way that Tina handled herself.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina
International Forums Moderator

Diabolical luck after a complete set of joke offers. £20k would have been the least punishment the Banker deserved for that one.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:34 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

To lose the key amount (in this case £75,000) at the last box is always the worst time, but at the same time also makes good tension for viewers, unlike if it went in the first box of the round. That feeling of "what if" at that point as well must play on the mind of the player for a while as well. I know it most probably would me.

An interesting reaction from Tina as well at the £7,000 offer. Tina was clearly disappointed with the offer and unlike most players she showed her true emotion instead of the usual it's a good offer speech from players regardless of what is offered. I thought the £2,500 offer at 5-box was even worse, with the 3 highest blues, £1,000 and £75,000, you were never going to go home with pence amounts. I thought the offer should have been £5,000 minimum at least or even a stick at £7,000.

Shame Tina didn't keep the £75,000 in and get the £20,000 the Banker said he would have offered as I presume she would have dealt that and in turn got an OPW.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:44 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

Big-Davey wrote:
Check out http://www.channel4.com Mark - go to the catch-up section and watch today's show, if not any others you find on there...you'll soon realise that the players don't just come on the show to win money! :smt023

I've tried that before, Divvy, but it never let's me watch the videos because I'm not in the UK. But with a low win like this, I'm sure I'm not missing much.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:49 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

You could try the last part of the shows on http://ilovedealornodeal.co.uk

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:01 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

Oh and who said you're allowed to call me Divvy, Mark! :ponder: :suspect: :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

KP wrote:
Diabolical luck after a complete set of joke offers. £20k would have been the least punishment the Banker deserved for that one.

Exactly what I thought. There wasn't really a decent offer all game. So much for the banker giving decent offers again.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:44 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

Missed this one, but I'm sort of pleased I did given the description of the game, it has all the elements of my least favourite sort of shows, ie. a blue in the box, really crap forcing offers but also with the hope of a big win remaining until the final stages where the hope suddenly gets dashed at the last minute and the player wins the inevitable blue through no real fault of their own as their fate was out of their control. That looks like nothing more than a drawn-out elimination process and only poor board readers would have won more than a grand today.

Still it could have been worse as it sounds like she took it cheerfully and £250 is better than a poke in the eye at least. :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:23 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

I really liked Tina, I loved her attitude to the game. It's just a shame she (or her dog) picked the wrong box at the wrong time. Still an enjoyable game, I just wanted her to win a bit more.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:05 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 03/12 Tina

Dissapointing game, but kudos to Tina for taking it on the chin. That sort of determination deserved at least some reward
I can understand why the banker didn't offer her closer to the mean at the final offer though - he doesn't like people dissing his offers

Personally i think i would have been tempted to cut my losses at £7k as i had a nastly feeling that game wasn't really going to recover, but then hindsight makes great gameplayers of us all

Edit - Don't have Sky so i've no idea if Stirling will be a good host of Countdown or not, Rachel Riley's quite pretty though so i might check it out for her

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]