Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:20 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:20 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:14 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Jane
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
Damn, I missed this game. I was at the dentist...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:14 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Jane

Great game Jane - hope you got to spend some of the dosh yourself! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:21 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Jane

Wow, that was amazing! The perfect deal at the perfect time! Now that's what I call timing :D !

Box 23 says

Congrats to Jane, and enjoy every penny of that £11,000 :D !

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:21 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Jane

An alright game in general. I did think that Jane was actually going to deal the £3,011 offer as there was a lot of deliberation over it. I had two offers in mind for 5-box that the Banker would make and that it would either be £8,000 (biggest Banker victory if she had 250k) or £11,000 (due to the 11 theme).

Unless you're prepared to go home with less than £1,000 at today's 5-box or are happy to turn down £11,000 in the hope of keeping the £250,000 and getting a larger offer then a deal is the way to go. It turned out to be the right deal at the right time for Jane and luckily she found the £250,000 in the following round or it would have been a painful offer at 2-box.

I personally would have no dealt £11,000, but then i'd be prepared for the consequences if it went wrong.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:52 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Jane

The FD at 5 box was around £12,700 so £11k wasn't a bad offer. Obviously, she couldn't afford to lose £11k so she did the right thing for her which luckily turned out to be the right thing for the game.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:13 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Jane

That was a relief - that could have gone drastically wrong either way but she managed to squeeze a 5-figure sum out of what was a pretty unlucky game, and Jane was the type of woman whose games I always find uncomfortable viewing if it goes wrong - thankfully it didn;t!!

I thought the reveal of the 250k in proveout was great, it was as if she'd won a power 5 from the box!!

The 11k was low enough for me to risk it to at least go for the 2-box offer, but it's nice to see someone avoid crashing when i would have, and also good too that the banker always takes it seriously with the 250k remains to 5-box - I know it was low compared to what Allan got offered (heck, the other Allan got 11k on the same board earlier in the year!), but still very dealabale - unlike the very low 4-figure sums (ie. only 1k - 3k or so offered) on the 75k/blues and 100k/blues final 5's we've seen, I don't think he's ever gone lower than 1p Trevor's £9,900 with 250k in the last 5 (well in active play anyway, Ginger Scottish Alan in Sep 06 got £9,500 after dealing at 8-box)!!

So a great feel-good ending from a game that looked very unlikely to produce one!! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:04 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Jane

Great result from a tricky game, that took huge chunks out of the middle of the board - an interesting configuration from start to finish, which increased the tension throughout as the volatility shot up rapidly. To get a five-figure sum out of it was more than respectable - and an OPW to boot!

So satisfying to see the £250,000 revealed first box in the proveout, to make the rest of the round like the victory lap. Same as Chris the other day - it all seems to be going right at the moment, and there's no reason why it shouldn't continue! ;)

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:28 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Jane

Good game, with a satisfying conclusion, I was pleased to see Jane get out just in time and avoid what would have been a terrible crash, That was a board for only the bravest and most reckless of gamblers.

Obviously Jane was well loved, as evidenced by Vincenzo & Stan storming out to hug her when the £250k was revelaed (Noel "They think it's all over" :smt046 ), I did think she seemed a bit edgy at times though, she didn't seem to take well to some of the Banker's humour especially around 8 box, but given the way the game was going maybe the tension just got to her.

Still an OPW and a healthy Banker spanking, just the result we want to start off the week, now let's just hope the players can keep that momentum going

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:50 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 01/12 Jane

Another decent game, we seem to be in a very good period at the moment.

Jane was nice, a good choice for the "mummy" of the group. The respect and love for her was shown, as said above, and it was nice to see that.

The deal was perfectly fine in my books, I would have done exactly the same thing. Lets just hope the games keep going well.

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]