Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:49 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Warnings: 0
The board after the third round...

1p

£50

£250
£500
£750

£3,000

£15,000

£35,000
£50,000
£75,000

£250,000

Looking strong despite the £100,000 revealed by Stan for the second show running!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}
International Forums Moderator

Box 11 (Joel, who calls her 'the youngest old lady I've ever met') - £100

Box 18 (Stan, who's sweaty...) - £100,000

Box 10 (Jane) - £10,000

Still gallows humour after the first box from Noel - 'you're going to have to spend the money so fast before you go'. Of course, she may be cautious on such a strong board if she's so aware of her mortality?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:49 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Despite the £100k going, this should still be a 5 figure offer.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

This is still a brilliant board. The Banker says she's the first player to promise to the Banker she'll live to the end.

Noel well and truly corpses at this...

Banker's offer:

A FULLY PAID FUNERAL

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:50 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

LEGENDARY OFFER! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:50 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

DEAL!!!!!! :-D

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:51 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Complete with the offer being revealed out of an opening coffin.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Memorable stuff. How much is that these days?

Die or No Die? People laugh at her saying it's a tough offer, probably mostly young players. NO DEAL

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:52 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

KP wrote:

Die or No Die? People laugh at her saying it's a tough offer, probably mostly young players. NO DEAL

Or Kill or No Kill? :-D :-D

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:52 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

:lol:

But what a hit that was!

Worth going on still

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Box 21 (Tina) - 1p

Box 22 (Butch) - £35,000

Well, she called for that 1p, and when it came Noel was exuberant. 'Bury him', he cried. The £35,000 still got applauded although Noel was tentative in his delivery.

Noel jokes that she could be buried under the confetti, although his comment at the contestant being 'one of the weakest' could be taken the wrong way. And perhaps by the player, who seems to be somewhat defiant and the kind of person who'd take a line like that and seize upon it as the basis for Wakeyism. But goodness knows what'll happen... it comes down to the offers and this next box which Noel quite rightly calls vital.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

It's now 3 - Nil to Betty!

Here's hoping she wins mega money! (£90,000 maybe?)

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Two Christmas-themed ads: one very American one from Wal-Mart (trading as Asda), one decidedly... odd one from Argos.

Visa is advertised in an even more bizarre manner. It just defies explanation.

'Do you dream in chocolate?' asks Lindt. Nope, I have nightmares about tooth decay now I've got as much toothache as I have right now.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:57 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Will it be the 2nd Betty with a massive win this?

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:58 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

NoelsFan wrote:
Will it be the 2nd Betty with a massive win this?

Would have been if her game Friday.

Come on Betty, you can do it.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

The board at 8-box...

£50

£250
£500

£3,000

£15,000

£50,000
£75,000

£250,000

Great stuff so far! :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:58 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Again this should be £15k minimum.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

:lol: :lol: :lol:

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Box 5 (Lyn) - £750

Noel has cut the frivolity and gone all serious on us. Does this symbolise that he now wants serious consideration paid to a Deal now? Either way, he energises the pilgrims while on the blower.

Banker's offer:

£15,000

Betty gasps.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:59 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 30/11 {Betty}

Not bad an offer...but if we're to see the rise in offers in general continue, Betty needs to play on here and have another good round! £15,000 isn't exactly as generous as some of the other offers this week...

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]