Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:37 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia

Warnings: 0
As I said before, £27k was sensible because it was similar to what the middle 30% of the 40/30/30 split at 5 box was (in fact, if we believe the 2 box offer, it was actually more than would have been offered).

KP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia
International Forums Moderator

Yes, it was a classic 40/30/30 split and the middle 30% came in there with a slightly lower offer. Plus the lower 30% is worse when coming from these heights than from a £35k/£75k/blues final five which is what I had as the definition of this configuration, and the upper 40% may not be great these days - the main thing here is that we had an orange in the mix, £5k.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia

Well, she did somewhat straddle the borderline between being funny and annoying, but I'm really pleased with the outcome in that the offer taken was at least dealable (we've seen more, we've seen less on similar endings), and a chunky amount was won and the player didn't miss out on any more money (unless she'd have swapped but I can't see it). Really glad NOT to see Banker's Gamble as well. :)

A relief also becuase Patricia was one of those players I like but worry about their game as I know it could be very uncomfortable viweing either way if it went wrong (either way in turning down a significant amount and winning a blue, or possibly missing out on the dream finish having taken 27k). Unlike Adam who i knew would be Ok even if he won a blue.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

ciderduck

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:16 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia

thank god for that result, as for the merits of the amount offered, think i'll stay right out of it, it worked out for her and i thought she'd go at the 12k offer.....as for the woman herself, Marsha from spaced, minus the vino collapso :lol: :lol: (or maybe not!!)....

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia

I can't blame her one bit for dealing...albeit Pauline's £30,000 offer, that's the highest anyone has had offered to someone at 5-box with the big two still there. I'm pleased as punch to see her score an OPW - even the last offer was believable as she even knew what it was going to be!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia

A quick added note, what everyone has to understand now (aimed at those who thought £27,000 was a "rubbish" deal) is that we're never going to get back to the really strong offers like what Jeff got...the way the game is played now and the offers will mean that the very most we'll ever see offered is £30,000 like with Pauline.

So try to see it as £30,000 being the max he'll ever offer now on that sort of situation, and then you'll understand why £27,000 was huge.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:14 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia

Patricia was bubbly & loud, but not to the state of being too annoying...just. In fact Noel's screeching along with her was rather amusing.

The offer wasn't bad, though I wasn't expecting it to be a little higher, but in hindsight and thinking about it more it was well placed. I'm surprised the Banker didn't go for the £26,000 there. Judging from her reaction to the previous offer (£12,500) I suspected that if Patricia had a good round she'd deal next time. Though for a moment I did think she was going to no deal as it seemed a quick decision. Noel also did that raising offer trick where he says a lower amount than says the actual offer. I think that makes the 'final' offer in the players eyes seem even more generous.

I was kind of expecting a Banker's Gamble at the end, but wasn't overly bothered it wasn't as it was unlikely to be accepted. I did hear Patricia say at the end thought that she wouldn't have actually swapped her boxes. So in the end it was a good result all round and a good start to the week.

garylq

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:25 am    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia

This one was fun in the studio, Patricia was a good laugh and all the pilgrims warmed to her instantly, if anything Noel found her a bit hard to handle, his screeching didn't really work very well. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the offer it turned out to be an excellent OPW, so well done Patricia. At 5 box I desperately wanted her to 'no deal', hoping to see a dramatic finish, good or bad, but once she had made her decision I was delighted with the prove-out.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:38 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia

Okay Patricia was a bit shrill but i liked her she was warm and compassionate and clearly well liked by the rest of the players (hence her status as Mummy).
I thought £27,000 was a decent wedge, okay she had the top two in play but her fall back was only £5000 and the blues were fairly low.

Glad it turned out to be an OPW, and especially nice to see the curse of the Mummy well and truely broken.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:39 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia

Great player, decent game, decent entertainment, good result.

cheyenne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:15 pm    Author: cheyenne    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia

Sorry but I found Patricia to be way too shrill - I had to turn the volume down on my TV! Even Noel seemed to be struggling even when he tried joining in with the shrieking.

Still, you have to hand it to her, she giggled and shrieked her way to £27K, which is a very worthwhile sum of money so well done to Patricia. Well done to her also for raising 22 kids, that's no mean feat.

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:43 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: 17/11 Patricia

I loved Patricia, she was so entertaining, and for once, I didn't mind the player shrieking or giggling, I thought she was brilliant, and I'm very happy she got such a large sum of money.

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]