Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

Warnings: 0
Entertainment value - Up there with Clive's game

In money terms - Well done on 30k, Constance, enjoy every penny. Went at the right time and wouldn't have been pleasant especially today to see a big crash and burn

She was one wacky lady but well deserving of 30k and lo she returns tomorrow for the birthday game

Bring on the birthday show tomorrow

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:12 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

She could've had £20,000 more though :?

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:19 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

killersbee wrote:
She could've had £20,000 more though :?

I don't think Constance will be losing too much sleep over that, she held her head high and soldiered on

She handled it a lot better than some players in the past would have and all due credit to her for that

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

KP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance
International Forums Moderator

She knew what she wanted, and got a great board that let her do it. There was more in the game, sure. But that Deal was her mega win and the proveout was just for the Wakeyists at home.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:18 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

Box 23 will not be making an appearance today, as there are at least three different ways that this game could be classified. If I had to classify it, I'd just call it a Win, because that's what it was, essentially.

Anyway, congrats to Constance on winning £30,000. There is no doubt in my mind that she will go down in history as one of the Legends of DoND. She was absolutely hilarious, and her exchanges with Noel were definitely bizarre, if not completely hilarious.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:35 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

A brilliant game, and as predicted it was a hilarious game!

And we get to see her tomorrow as well! :D

It's obvious the Banker knew she would have gone regardless once the offer hit £30,000 so I wasn't bothered about seeing her missing out on another £20,000.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:03 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

Most enjoyable game in quite a while actually - just goes to show a good contestant makes all the difference, as I wasn't bothered about her deal at all even though I thought it was quite a bit less than what I'd have been looking for to deal on that board. Why can't every show be fun like that one was?

Another big difference as well was that Constance would have been happy with her deal no matter how the proveout went (30k was enough for her and she didn;t seem bothered about the 100k and 250k), whereas Martin looked like the world had ended when he found out what he could have had!!

Definitely favourite contestant of season 4, and quite fittingly one of the biggest wins of it too! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Wendy47

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:41 pm    Author: Wendy47    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

Definitely one of my favourite contestants for a long time. Constance played a brilliant game and got exactly what she wanted, well done!

taff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:55 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

Great show and great game. I was really surprised it was Constance's game today as I thought she would be a worthy player to celebrate the 3rd birthday - at least she'll still be around (although I guess tomorrow's show was filmed straight after today's!)

collydolly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:32 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

Great game and Constance got what she wanted, including being able to stay for the birthday show :D

Will the audience be made up of previous contestants :ponder:

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:29 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

I wasn't expecting it to be Constance today. I loved her game, it was so funny! Thank goodness for More4, I'd have missed it otherwise!

Woodvale

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:38 am    Author: Woodvale    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

Wendy47 wrote:
Definitely one of my favourite contestants for a long time. Constance played a brilliant game and got exactly what she wanted, well done!

I would echo that, some people are just naturally funny, in a nice way of course, and constance was one of those.
Just seeing her face made me smile and I'm really glad she got what she wanted from her game.
I will always remember constance as a naturally great comic talent, a truly lovely lady.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:23 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

Well that was a great comedy game as I thought it would be, with the slightly mad but ultimately endearing character Constance. What a game she provided us with, and although most would have carried on at 5-box (with effectively a 60% chance of knocking out the £1 and leaving an offer of at least £27,000), Constance was perfectly content and not at all bothered by the proveout. Which essentially you should be after a deal, because if you have any regret about going on... you should have gone on, basically. Constance was sure of her target and attained it.

Of course, Martin the other day had a weaker board at 5-box and would've supposedly been offered £51k to Constance's £30k - just shows how inflated that was! (It would've been ironic if, after saying she 'didn't want' the £100k or £250k, she left that dream finish at the end!)

Anyway, great fun show that seems to be increasingly rare these days. Well played Constance... and see you tomorrow!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Daisy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:20 am    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

Anyone else notice that the credits showed "Sir" in front of Noel and The Banker?

Might've been mentioned already but It's 4:20am and I'm sick so I cba to read the other pages.
:girl

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

ciderduck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:52 am    Author: ciderduck    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

would she have been offered more than 30k had she not been so adamant that she was not after the big two??? I can imagine so!

collydolly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:27 am    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

Daisy wrote:
Anyone else notice that the credits showed "Sir" in front of Noel and The Banker?

Might've been mentioned already but It's 4:20am and I'm sick so I cba to read the other pages.
:girl

Yes I saw the "Sir", I don't think it will be there today :D

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:34 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

taff wrote:
Great show and great game. I was really surprised it was Constance's game today as I thought she would be a worthy player to celebrate the 3rd birthday - at least she'll still be around (although I guess tomorrow's show was filmed straight after today's!)

I did wonder if Constance was being lined up for the birthday show as well, or possibly the show after, as she seemed to have 'weekend show' written all over her

Anyway it was a great game both in terms of entertainment and luck. Plenty of laughs, lots of good humour and an exciting configuration of boxes. Purists can argue that Constance shouldn't have dealt when she did but she was clearly content with what she won and she made a profit on her box, that's victory enough for me

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:56 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

That game was absolutely brilliant!

I knew Constance's game wouldn't disappoint and it didn't. One of the funniest games ever and mass entertainment which was brilliant. Plus a decent sized win (yes, the offer may have been weak and she could have had £20,000 more but i don't care).

Brilliant, more contestants like her please.

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:58 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

Tom wrote:
That game was absolutely brilliant!

I knew Constance's game wouldn't disappoint and it didn't. One of the funniest games ever and mass entertainment which was brilliant. Plus a decent sized win (yes, the offer may have been weak and she could have had £20,000 more but i don't care).

Brilliant, more contestants like her please.

i totally agree. shes a funny lady. liked her.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:12 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: 06/11 Constance

I must say I was a little surprised that Constance played yesterday as I wasn't expecting her to play quite yet. In fact I did suspect she may have been the chosen to play on the 3rd Birthday show, but perhaps they didn't want such a target driven player today.

Since Constance's first appearance i've been looking forward to her game and I loved the Banter she and Noel had. Plus the infamous swearing moment :lol:

The game didn't disappoint it was great fun and the banter she had with Noel and the Banker (Noel's "baby" and how he should become a Sir :lol: ). Maybe Constance made a mistake in saying her target was £30,000 the other day because perhaps if Constance had said a little more £35k-£40k then she might have got offered that instead of £30,000. As it is I was pleased that Constance got £30,000 she did want and whilst I do think she should have gone on I was pleased that she reached her target and that she seemed genuinelly happy no matter what happened.

Constance may be gone now, but i've uploaded some of Constance's best moments on the show. Plus her full show.

Constance Montage 1
Constance Montage 2
Constance's Show - Part 1
Constance's Show - Part 2
Constance's Show - Part 3
Constance's Show - Part 4
Constance's Show - Part 5

[ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]