Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:50 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Lee 26/10

Warnings: 0
I really enjoyed this game actually.

Lee was a nice guy, and if £4,000 is going to clear him of debt, then all the best to him. That's what adds a nice touch to this game, it appears he has changed his life slightly because of the show.

Yes, the deal was weak but considering what would have happened, then an OPW is nothing to be sniffed at.

Plus, the show had some comedy moments as well, from the "it was the floor" to Chris's near "seizure"!

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:39 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Lee 26/10

As others have noted that game took a while to get going, whether that was due to Lee's bad luck in the early rounds or the celebrations of the night before i don't know :-D but it really picked up after the second break when everyone seemed to ewake up and start rallying round him.

Lee came across as quite pleasant and personable, and I'm guessing he was quite popular with the female contestants as well given how vocal Karina & Leeanne were in their support of him, (What was it LeeAnne said to him before openingher box? I'll have to find soneone else to bully now or somesuch,. very flirtatious). In fact it's probably just as well his girlfriend didn't make the recording given the way Karina jumped on him at the end of the game. :laughing

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:24 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Lee 26/10

It was sort of meh show with a very high cautious streak there... :( :roll:

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:41 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Lee 26/10

Lee seemed like a nice lad and it's a shame his girlfriend wasn't there as it might of helped Lee to have some support from someone close to him.

The show had its comedy moments, such as the floor moments with Lee & Noel. The deal wasn't great for the game, but it proved (luckily) to be the right thing to do. Even if it wasn't a great offer.

One thing I was wondering about was the part where the Banker rang up and asked if £6,500 would make the decision easier. Lee replied it would make it harder and the Banker stuck at £4,000. Noel then talked about how Lee might have played that wrong with his response. I just found it strange how the Banker talked about a larger offer and then not offer it. Is it a new tactic from the Banker? At the end the Banker said to Noel that it didn't matter as he wasn't going to offer £6,500 either way. So why bother phoning up and talk about a larger offer if you're not going to offer it. :ponder:

MarkHouseUK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:57 am    Author: MarkHouseUK    Post subject: Re: Lee 26/10

Sorry, this is a bit late as I don't always get around to watching the current day's show but have just finished watching Lee's show and has anyone else noticed that the entire game seem to be focused on either Tony or Karina?.

Every other camera shot was on them and this isn't the only show that has done that. I can understand the cameraman focusing on Karina as she is very beautiful but why these two all the time?. I saw that it was Tony and Karina that helped Lee spank the banker as they had the larger amounts in the proveout but was that a sign or something?.

I'm in no way moaning about plenty of airtime for Karina(!) but has anyone else noticed this with these two?. I think they had more airtime than Lee!.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:48 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Lee 26/10

In Karina's case i think it was more that she seemed to be quite emotionally involved in the game so provided some great reaction shots during the big moments - her Macauly Culkin impression when the £250,000 was revealed for example :smt046 She seemed much more animated and excitable than usual, even offering unsolicited advice which i don't think she's ever done before.
Karina and Lee were obviously good friends - they both look to be around the same age - and with no G/f or family member to cut to Karina was the director's best fall back

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]