Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:25 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:25 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:53 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

Warnings: 0
Stats after Round 6
Offer: £33,000
Mean: £35,000.00
Offer (%): 94.29%
Fair Deal: £33,311.39
Cash left on board: £70,000.00
Volatility: 2.50
Board balance: 14

Board
£20,000
£50,000

Guide to Stats

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
International Forums Moderator

Fitting final two really, as it's settled in the lower thirties, which is what the board he Dealt on was possibly worth.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Administrator & Global Moderator

alex xxx wrote:
no matter what he says now about 23,000 being enough he will be lying!

Are you the wife of Claude who's appearing in the autumn?

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel opens box 16 and reveals £50,000

Box 3 with Melanie contains the £20,000

alex xxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

yes H i am

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

I knew it, £50K was left yesterday and now it was on the table today :smt009 :smt011

To quote Clive: "What a dope of a bloke"

alex xxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

noel saying contestants having the courage i think is right, because if there is a run of bad luck people tend to cop out and then it is just a vicious circle

redrum666

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Permanently Banned

And there we have it- £27,000 down the swanny because he jumped ship on a fantastic board... if he'd have accepted the 5th offer then I'd have had no gripe because that was a really good offer that he'd have worked for. But no, once again- the typical poor player/great board mis-match that DOND seems famous (infamous) for now... after all that crap at the start about going for it as well. Dreadful.

Then again, it was £19,000 more than the highest win of the season so far... however, Dave's £3,000 win was so much better than that awful cop out.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Forum Games Moderator

I've been at the beach while all this stupidity on the programme has happened. :P
Not another lamentable and stupid deal! :roll: He had the top 2 intact, and loads of high reds, I don't understand at all how he dealt. :?

old bird

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: old bird    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

Right that's it... Im not watching DOND ever Again!!!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:00 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

Uhhhhh... ooh Big Brother double eviction. I'd like Davina to interview them separately though.

Anyway back to DoND. I had the feeling it would go bad like Richard's game from the point he dealt. It's a bit of a shame to deal so early because you've lost half of the experience and tension. There are too many mis-matches, Season 4 hasn't been too good at the moment moneywise (And gamewise)

I kinda understand why he dealt though, with a baby being due tomorrow...

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

I said at the start when the baby was mentioned, I knew straight away we would have a targetist :roll:

I wish these contestants stopped think about targets, cause you only sit in that chair once, (well not unless your wife applies for the show :P )

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Forum Games Moderator

JoelDavies wrote:
Oh. My. God. I hate players who deal at the first offer! I knew it wouldn't be long before there was a game identical to, may I say it? Richard!

You mean third offer :P

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

JoelDavies wrote:
Oh. My. God. I hate players who deal at the first offer!

It isn't that bad yet. :laughing

wkd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

Quote:
'Tell that to the people who've seen their marginal rate of tax double and whose easy credit is biting back on them.'

'And that, I'm afraid, is very much their own fault...'

Major causes of debt are marriage breakdown, unemployment and ill health. It's not always holidays and fast cars.

A poor deal but well played by the banker. He pitched it just high enough to make it tempting.

kestral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

cookie_monster wrote:
Uhhhhh... ooh Big Brother double eviction. I'd like Davina to interview them separately though.

Anyway back to DoND. I had the feeling it would go bad like Richard's game from the point he dealt. It's a bit of a shame to deal so early because you've lost half of the experience and tension. There are too many mis-matches, Season 4 hasn't been too good at the moment moneywise (And gamewise)

You can almost predict that at some point over the next couple of shows, or even tomorrow that someone will think the run of bad luck has finally turned and really go for it only to have the board turn on them and end in a blue win :(

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

cookie_monster wrote:
JoelDavies wrote:
Oh. My. God. I hate players who deal at the first offer!

It isn't that bad yet. :laughing

Oops! Edited now... :oops:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

I'm in two minds.

Yes the deal was weak, but he had reasons. Did you hear the audience and how loud they cheered when he dealt? If that was such a bad call, they wouldn't have cheered so loudly.

I actually thought with the difficulty in getting good money out of a game nowadays that that was a marginal step in the right direction. Just too bad it worked out the way it did.

Oh and despite it being a "no-brainer" to play to the end at 5-box with a guaranteed £3,000 I'd have been OUT in a heartbeat if I was offered two motorbikes and £40,000! Are you mad?!?!? :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09
International Forums Moderator

What wkd said on all counts. The overspending is another cause and a more common one at the moment (because loans were too easily had in the last few years and now the economy's turned the corner), but those three you mention are the perennial ones.

And the Banker nailed it. I don't think anyone can deny that. Whether we wanted him to play 'well' in the sense of buying the box cheaply is another matter...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:09 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Mike 02/09

kestral wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:

You can almost predict that at some point over the next couple of shows, or even tomorrow that someone will think the run of bad luck has finally turned and really go for it only to have the board turn on them and end in a blue win :(

It really annoys me when people like Bez who have fantastic characters and show that they are willing to gamble end up with diddly squid, and other people deal at the first sign of a fair amount of money without giving 'playing on' a second thought. I am not necessarily refering to Mike, but people un his sort of group.

[ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]