Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:26 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:26 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

Warnings: 0
Ohhh bugger again... chane of luck anytime soon?!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

matthew17

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

FOUR unlucky games in a row now. :evil:

Bad luck Bez.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

He went for it and once again we have another blue win :smt009 :smt011

This is now getting towards beyond a joke... :(

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

:roll:

Craig

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

Its like the oppisite from last year. Last year when Season 3 began the first week was just full of luck and players beating the banker, this year its started off with 3 blue wins and a very low red win!

Very entertaining game, but the luck was just horrible once again! Hard luck Bez but enjoy £100!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:11 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

A funny game, one of the funniest for a while! But completely overshadowed by the torrential luck!

I'm really starting to think that this show is plummeting - I know what other contestants have said etc, but there just isn't much thrill left now.

This needs a dramatic turnaround...and fast!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

wkd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:22 pm    Author: wkd    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

Dearie me. He certainly deserved the compensation of the 5k.

In four shows there hasn't been one offer that would have given me the slightest pause before no dealing. Doesn't improve the show when there's nothing to agonise over.

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:29 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

Big-Davey wrote:
I'm really starting to think that this show is plummeting!

Exactly what I was thinking :?

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:35 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08
Permanently Banned

The guy actually went on further than I thought he might, and then the bad luck kicks in again and ANOTHER BLUE WIN!!! *beep* sake!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:49 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08
Administrator & Global Moderator

I haven't seen this show yet but reading from here it sounds like an entertaining game and I thought we might get a high win when I saw the £250k had stayed unusually late into the game. But no. :evil: He didn't even get the £5,000 and we have yet another blue win.

I think this week is going to be the worst ever by quite a margin unless we get some good wins tomorrow and Sunday!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08
International Forums Moderator

When the two most dealable offers of the week have been for £3,200 and £2,000, and in each case they are rejected and this leads to a blue win, you know the luck's horrendous.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:52 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

h2005 wrote:
I haven't seen this show yet but reading from here it sounds like an entertaining game and I thought we might get a high win when I saw the £250k had stayed unusually late into the game. But no. :evil: He didn't even get the £5,000 and we have yet another blue win.

I think this week is going to be the worst ever by quite a margin unless we get some good wins tomorrow and Sunday!

Is Monday's gift going to be counted in the weekly payout data?

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:52 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

*Sighs* Bez was a really likeable guy and the luck, well there is no luck. It's about as useful as mud. I always find it worse then the big amount goes at the last box because it's like the game is teasing the player. Sorry it couldn't have been more Bez!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:46 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

Oh dearie me, what's going on? I was rooting for that 5k at the end just like I was for the 100k in Betty's game. At least there was a more upbeat feel to the show this time and Bez was quite a entertaining old chap. And he didn't seem to mind winning a blue at all. Shame he han't played yesterday as he would have got the 5k and Val would have beaten the banker if roles had been reversed.

What is scary is that this week could conceivably not have any offer above £10,000 (Brian's 10k 2nd round offer is still the highest of Season 4), and something like 30k is required from tomorrow's and Sunday's games to avoid the worst week ever, whhch in the current climate is a pretty huge ask. Brian's bonus at the end could be the difference between it being the worst week ever or not! :shock:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:51 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08
Permanently Banned

Typical! I miss the start and there's no sob-story. Still Bez didn't seem the type to wallow in self-pity and played the game in a positive and somewhat jocular manner which gave the show an air of happiness and fun despite the poor luck towards the end. And at last we had someone who actually played the board and took a couple of risks in order to go for a bigger payout.

He wholeheartedly deserved £5k at the end but alas the shocking run of misfortune continued today. Nonetheless he was happy and upbeat at the end. No tears or tantrums or self indulgent revelling in misery.

A few more players like Bez and bit more luck and the show take a large step back to its former glory.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:14 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

The bad luck hasn't changed, but Bez himself provided an entertaining show. So in that respect the show was entertaining to watch, but there has been little excitement and tension since the return of the show (which can't really be helped with the relentless bad luck). The no deal at the end by Bez today provided at least a little excitement, but that soon turned to disappointment when £100 was revealed.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

Simon F wrote:
h2005 wrote:

Is Monday's gift going to be counted in the weekly payout data?

I'd say it should be, as I included PJ's extra £15,000 (with a little note saying what had happened). I also included it for one or two other things, although I didn't when the banker gave Rose £400 extra for behind the bar, or when he doubled Savvas' winnings for charity.

The thing is with those is that as it was only an extra couple of hundred quid it didn't make too much difference to the overall week's total, whereas Brian's handout was significantly more and in a week like this a few thousand is very significant! Noel said the highest win so far this week is Val's £1,500... but technically it's Brian's £3,780.50. Oh that reminds me, I included Len's extra £500 when he sold his cardigan to the banker... so surely it's right to include the money raised for Brian's mug...

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:29 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

A great show today - my favourite of Season 4 so far (although that's not difficult with the poor games recently). But Bez was a fantastic character and provided many amusing moments - it's just a shame his game wasn't better.

Stats time - the lowest ever payout in a week is the w/b 26-May-08 with a payout of £33,001 and an average per show of £5,500.17. The total so far this week is £5,480.50 (£1,700.50 excluding Brian's handout), with an average per show of £1,370.13 (£425.13 exc. Brian's handout). So for this week to even just match (and not beat) the worst week ever, Friday's and Saturday's players need to win a combined total of £27,520.50 (£31,300.50 exc. Brian's handout).

And as I type this the ending titles are rolling and Noel says he reckons the purists and stats people have worked out this is one of the worst periods ever for the show... well I just did and proved Noel's point. :P

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:51 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

Don't forget H, that money was for his mother's debts, not for him.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:37 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Bez 28/08

Well, that started off as quite an entertaining game, but sadly all the energy from the show was quashed by the return of bad luck that has dominated this week. It was looking quite promising at one point. In fact, I was saying I'd like this sort of board when he had the top 2, £50k and 3 mid reds, and after I said that, it all started to go wrong... :cry:

All we can hope for is that eventually the luck will turn around - I mean, it has to surely?

(Although, given the roof caves in at some point, I wouldn't be so sure...)

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]