Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:59 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:59 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:45 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject: Re: Christine 17/07
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
dougal18 wrote:
killersbee wrote:
I hope Lance and Louise are ashamed of themselves! :roll:

I sure they are enjoying their five figure wins and are pleased they didn't end up with a fiver for "playing the game".

Dave's advice about the 1 in 5 chance of having the £100,000 was dreadful. He forgot that Christine just had to avoid finding it for a much higher offer.

Shame the cake maker didn't win hundreds and thousands.

No they would have won £250,000 for playing the game instead they both took a cheap low cop out!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

thundercat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:46 am    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: Christine 17/07

Not being funny but could comments about a certain round be left after the round has been posted? I don't watch any more but looking through the threads after kinda spoils it when i'm following the game and before I even see what boxes have been opened there are giveaway comments like 'NOOO!!!!' or 'OH YESS COME ON!!'

;)

Big D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:47 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject: Re: Christine 17/07

Have to agree with all the previous posts, she was a lovely person and deserved a bigger reward at the end. Nice to see her tell her story at the start without turning it into a sob story. I've known a few deaf people in the past, and they seem to have that inner strength and determination in common, and it showed in Christine including the way she handled the result. It was also, as people have said, a great show in spite of the result, unlike Chris's the other day, which I'm sorry, I just can't agree was entertaining at all.

I only had one thing that puzzled me, and that was regarding the dream offers. I wondered what was the point of her trying to squeeze a little bit more out of the banker by dropping the hints about what she'd like, then refusing it when she got offered it? I was also wondering if this would explain the terrible 3K offer?

Somone else asked about the gold envelope on the table - when she carried her box out there was a pile of what I thought were photos on top, but these were never mentioned in the intro, maybe it was a part of whatever they were.

Anyway, wonderful game, had us here rooting for her all the way, well done for playing it to the end and bad luck for not getting a better pay out.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:40 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Christine 17/07

Big D wrote:

I only had one thing that puzzled me, and that was regarding the dream offers. I wondered what was the point of her trying to squeeze a little bit more out of the banker by dropping the hints about what she'd like, then refusing it when she got offered it? I was also wondering if this would explain the terrible 3K offer?

I wondered about that, though i think it was other people trying to up the dream offer more than Christine herself, not that she was averse to the idea.

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:31 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject: Re: Christine 17/07

What a brave player she was, I really didn't think she had it in her. If I was her and I said I like holidays I would have said stop the holiday rollercoaster holidays, just give us the cash.

I like many things, but I would be there for the dosh, perhaps she might have dealt earlier if she really had a price on those holiday offers being cash, as opposed being guessed by a lady who worked at Gatwick, hardly an expert in the holiday trade I would say!!!

[ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]