Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:21 am Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 1:21 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Big D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:23 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Aaron Brock wrote:
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!!??

I'm terribly sorry people, but I hated her. I really did. The clairvoyance thing spoiled everything. Had she not said that, I'd have accepted the fact that it wasn't her game. Instead, we were in stiches of laughter. My mum even said, "she'll proper mess it up on her show," and look what she's gone and done! £13 was apparently a very generous offer. Sorry, no, absolutely zero respect from me, sorry Tina, but you did it.

Have to agree, one of the most annoying players ever, all that posing and posturing and arms outstretched rubbbish. Although in fairness I'm sure I saw a wee sarcastic twinkle in her eye at least one of the times she said the offer was generous.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Scarily, that isn't the lowest OPW ever. If memory serves at least.

Well done for making the best of a very, very bad job.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:27 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

True - it was more of a surpride OPW though as Phyl dealt at 5 box, the 8 box offer was 'reasonable' but it was an ugly game for much of it.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:29 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I liked Tina a lot actually and it was a shame she had a crap game. But amazing she got an OPW out of it! I was hoping it'd either be a huge turnaround, a huge trainwreck or something unusual like a low-money OPW... and we got the latter.

Who holds the record for the lowest OPW? Is it Phyl with a £2,000.50 deal or something like that?!

Anyway well done Tina for keeping your sense of humour and seemingly enjoying the experience despite one of the worst games ever (I don't think it was the worst as the banker was trying to claim, especially not after that ending!). 2 low-money OPWs in a row... let's hope we can have a 3rd one on Monday which is a big money one!!

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:30 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Well I guess that result was better than the boring slow trainwreck, but once an all-blue last 8 was impossible, I wanted her to win the 20k. I was also sort of anting to see a game that had NO offers over £1,000! :shock:

Still you can't complain at an OPW no matter how it's acheived!

She still annoyed me though - not only did she say the offers were really generous (I mean at £13 why not just ask for the question straight away? Tha banker isn't going to get annoyed at turning down that sum in a hurry!) and her dancing around all the time got on my nerves as well, so did the fact she thought she was some sort of model.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

MackemAndy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:57 pm    Author: MackemAndy    Post subject:

Big D wrote:
Aaron Brock wrote:
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!!??

I'm terribly sorry people, but I hated her. I really did. The clairvoyance thing spoiled everything. Had she not said that, I'd have accepted the fact that it wasn't her game. Instead, we were in stiches of laughter. My mum even said, "she'll proper mess it up on her show," and look what she's gone and done! £13 was apparently a very generous offer. Sorry, no, absolutely zero respect from me, sorry Tina, but you did it.

Have to agree, one of the most annoying players ever, all that posing and posturing and arms outstretched rubbbish. Although in fairness I'm sure I saw a wee sarcastic twinkle in her eye at least one of the times she said the offer was generous.

Yes I seen that aswell. She was only been sarcastic when she said £13 was a generous offer, because she also shrugged her shoulder and looked at Noel as if to say well what else can I say.

jonny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:07 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject:

How on earth can you say you "hated" Tina? You might have found her slightly irritating, sure, but "hate"? I don't understand some forum members' mindsights, to be honest.

Well done Tina! Awful luck, but a good deal in the end! For the record, I thought she was lovely :)

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:49 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07

So what do we get for the 800th show? A massive trainwreck saved at the end by Tina dealing £2,150 and actually getting an OPW. It's rather ironic that Tina who claims to be able to see the colours 9 times out of ten had one of the worst games ever by revealing all the large reds early on.

I thought Tina was alright though and I quite enjoyed her intro about being a girl drummer. Followed by the Banker's story about being in a band and that he played the loot (haha). Certainly makes a change to have a happy intro.

Can't believe that it's been 800 shows though.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:54 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07

What do you think they'll do for 1000??

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:00 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07

matthew17 wrote:

Slap the cowardly with a kipper I suppose.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:02 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07

jiveclive wrote:
matthew17 wrote:

Probably. :roll:
I have an idea what they could do for 1000... they had a 500k jackpot for 500th show, so they should put a 1 mil jackpot for this one I think. =D
Just an idea though.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:40 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07

Mixed feelings about that game. Tina was a little irritating - I get very exasperated with players who can't count to three, I mean once is forgivable, but every time??? - but at the same time she was dogged by the cruelist of bad luck so you couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

And at the end of the day it was an OPW - which is always a good result, even when it's for a relatively small amount

I can't help noticing there are two types of psychics on DOND, the ones like Tina who prove hopelessly inept and the ones who 'know' where the big money is but don't have the courage of their convictions (Was it Sarah a couple of years ago? Swapped her box and bought the £250k to the table only to deal at a later stage)

Box 22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:23 pm    Author: Box 22    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07

Well, I won't be asking Tina to read my fortune for me :roll:

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:45 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07
Permanently Banned

matthew17 wrote:
jiveclive wrote:
matthew17 wrote:

I have an idea what they could do for 1000... they had a 500k jackpot for 500th show, so they should put a 1 mil jackpot for this one I think. =D
Just an idea though.

yes and they will STILL sell it for some lame 20K target!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:51 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07

I thought Tina was brilliant, but I can understand why a lot of people would find her irritating. I thought a trainwreck was coming when she said she was a clairvoyant. I always find it really funny when a player claims to have psychic abilities and take out the big numbers early.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:19 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07

I think she was more concerned about doing her pantomime this Xmas..... :lol:

Aitch,

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:36 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07

I don't know why, but I really wanted the game to go wrong! :ponder:

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:42 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07

Wow, well after her start, I wasn't expecting an OPW. But well done Tina.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:46 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: Tina 12/07

SrWilson wrote:
matthew17 wrote:
jiveclive wrote:
matthew17 wrote:

Just an idea though.

yes and they will STILL sell it for some lame 20K target!

Hate to admit it but you're probably right there. :roll:

[ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]