Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:34 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:34 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Donderrr.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:41 pm    Author: Donderrr.    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Bloody annoying...

I say I won't watch it (well i won't-holiday).. but i'll not be able to help myself.!

I completely agree with Noel. Why bother?! Surely you'd squeeze as much out of the game as possible. I know a lot of people say.. Oh well when you're there suddenly 15 grand is immense and youre being greedy but for god's sake.. it's a game -not a greed match. you go with nothing and the money should just be the cherry on the cake. I'd grab my box and win whatever was in it.. none of the arsey deals we've seen lately.

Enjoy the ride, and regard the dough as an extra.
Chrisx :evil:

Big D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:44 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

StuartPlymouth wrote:
Poor Lance. The last two games have been like a recurring nightmare. I suppose he thought it couldn't happen again in the next game... :smt104

LMAO!! those sum it up perfectly. Thought it was really funny when he said Noel was starting to scare him, then introduced us to Beth Ditto's twin as his girlfriend!!! Now that was scary!!

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:48 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

Donderrr. wrote:

I'm tempted to agree, Chris. When the board is quite healthy, as it has been in the last two games, there should be a greater temptation to carry on and see what happens.

On Saturday we saw the "perfect finish", and yet it wasn't in live play. Once again today we see something many players dream of.

It's time the contestants stopped thinking about it as a quick win and actually taking the chance abit more often. I know it's easy to say £17,500 is alot of money (which it surely is), but it's not as though they are gambling money which they previously had. It's not like going to the bookies and putting 6 month's wages on a nag that falls at the first fence.

Donderrr.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:57 pm    Author: Donderrr.    Post subject:

StuartPlymouth wrote:
Donderrr. wrote:

I'm tempted to agree, Chris. When the board is quite healthy, as it has been in the last two games, there should be a greater temptation to carry on and see what happens.

On Saturday we saw the "perfect finish", and yet it wasn't in live play. Once again today we see something many players dream of.

It's time the contestants stopped thinking about it as a quick win and actually taking the chance abit more often. I know it's easy to say £17,500 is alot of money (which it surely is), but it's not as though they are gambling money which they previously had. It's not like going to the bookies and putting 6 month's wages on a nag that falls at the first fence.

Precisely. :-)

Unix eight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:07 pm    Author: Unix eight    Post subject:

What a crap game..

JamesC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:08 pm    Author: JamesC    Post subject:

Another wasted opportunity on deal or no deal :roll:

garylq

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:36 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject:

Deja-vu? Lightning strikes twice? Lemmings?

Well, whatever it is, Louise and Lance have made absolute fools of themselves on national TV and are epic failures as contestants. No wonder they haven't shown their faces here or on either of the two official forums.

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:13 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Jesus H.

What a bloomin' idiot. Fancy going on a gameshow watched by millions looking like you haven't washed your hair in weeks. Then also wearing your school uniform only to make it look as untidy as possible. And then hardly be able to hear out a word you're saying. How on earth did he get picked?

Oh the basis of this, I'd have zero chance of getting on whatsoever.

Oh and that's before I even get to the deal. :shock:

I was actually thinking when he had an all-blue round leading up to 8-box, I was thinking "Oh, it'll be the familiar old 20k, he'll deal and miss out on loads". When it was actually less than 20k I was actually pleasantly surprised as I thought might go on. Fat chance. The board reminded me of Gus's when he was offered 42k plus whatever it was.....

I thought the banker missed a trick not making the 2-box proveout offer 87k to remind us of the other Lance. Shows like his seem more like 20 years ago, not 2.

I'm also fearing for basic's health given that he hasn't posted on here for a while. Even averagely cautious players like me are getting annoyed, so heaven knows what he's thinking. :shock:

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:24 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

James1978 wrote:
Jesus H.

Leave me out of this!! ;) :P

I liked the description of Lance there. :lol:

The audition process does intrigue me and I just don't know what they look for any more. I know they try and get a good cross-section of society represented on the show but there are some people - such as those who are nervous wrecks... and those who can't speak properly such as Lance ( :shock: ) - who probably would be better off not going on the show for everyone's sake!!

MackemAndy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:28 pm    Author: MackemAndy    Post subject:

OH Dear! The £250K squandered again. The current set of contestants seem like wimps and have no intention of wanting big money. THey say they do but when it comes down to it they just bottle it.

They obviously lie when they say there gamblers...Clearly there not!!

Jon_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:32 pm    Author: Jon_    Post subject:

Easy to say he should have carried on but young lad like that 17.5 k probably meant as much as 100,000 or more would to other people. Bad luck you dealt to soon but least you came away with respectable amount.

Big D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:44 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:

I'm also fearing for basic's health given that he hasn't posted on here for a while. Even averagely cautious players like me are getting annoyed, so heaven knows what he's thinking. :shock:

yeah, I was just wondering earlier on what's happened to him. I don't like when the miseryguts/optimist ratio starts to look threatened ;)

harryfielder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:56 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

First game I've seen in a few days.. After this it might be a few more days :oops: :oops: :oops:

Aitch,

matthew17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:02 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:

He has 'dealer's disease' lol :lol: too many dealers on this show are making him feel sick.

:shock: :lol:

wyattcox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:38 pm    Author: wyattcox    Post subject:

MFSOB...whatta mess...

I asked back on this thread

http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13592

for contestants to describe the effect of surrounding shows on their game. I honestly think the contestants are talking themselves out of the big money.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:22 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Read my post for Louise's game to sum up how i feel about this game but change as applicable for Lance.

Except, he wasn't as great a player as I hoped.

MissMatch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:34 pm    Author: MissMatch    Post subject:

Missed todays show, glad i missed it now! I'm fed up with these games, like todays and Saturdays. Surely all those power 5 left and having box 7 on the 7th day of the 7th month is bound to be lucky if you believe in it?
He'll regret not going for it forever though.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Nothing much to say about today that hasn't been sent. There seems to be a "who can make the stupidest decision contest" in the Dream Factory at the moment.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:54 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Similar feelings to Lance's game as I had to Louise's on Saturday. There was at least another round in this game, if not two. Lance was a nice enough player, but I didn't think he'd be as quiet as he was.

It seems that most people automatically think that a game is going to go horribly wrong at the moment and deal, even on a really strong board. But why not think about what could go right?

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

mike wrote:
Similar feelings to Lance's game as I had to Louise's on Saturday. There was at least another round in this game, if not two. Lance was a nice enough player, but I didn't think he'd be as quiet as he was.

It seems that most people automatically think that a game is going to go horribly wrong at the moment and deal, even on a really strong board. But why not think about what could go right?

Today there was such a small chance of things going wrong. 1 in 14 chance (7.14%) of taking out 3 of the big boxes. Worse case scenario would have been £35k/£5k/3 blues which isn't the worst final 5.

That leaves a 92.86% chance of the worst case scenario you could have would be £50k/£35k/£5k/2 blues (which would probably give you close to £10k offer).

[ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]