Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:25 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:25 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Big D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
kestral wrote:
Tom22 wrote:
*ducks for cover*

Joins you :P

Is there room down there for one more? ;)

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Lance was ok but I have to say he was quite difficult to understand because of his mumbling and his Northern accent (:P). :? Another pretty awful deal with 4 higher - all of which were Power 5s and two of which were the big 2. Interesting that Noel said at the end "Why would you come on this show if you don't have the bottle to give it your best shot"!

The show overall was fairly average to be honest, I was hoping Lance would open up more when it came to his game but it wasn't to be. Two shows in a row the £250k has come to the table and the banker's been taken for a total of £37,500. Not great really.

But to those of you who say you're not watching any more (most of you seemingly) - see you tomorrow! :wave:

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

LMAO I knew he was a pathetic targetist so I was not suprised the banker went extra low on that APPAULING £17,500 for the board knowing the gullable boy would take it.

And once again the £250,000 SQUANDERED SQUANDERED SQUANDERED through a lack of courage and from having no hoper desperate for a bit of money grabbing contestants!

Absoltuly PATHETIC!

SOS!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Last edited by SrWilson on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:01 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject:

What a crap deal! :evil:

matthew17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
LMAO I knew he was a pathetic targetist so I was not suprised the banker went extra low on that APPAULING £17,500 for the board knowing the gullable boy would take it.

And once again the £250,000 SQUANDERED SQUANDERED SQUANDERED through a lack of courage and from having no hoper desperate for a bit of money grabbing contestants!

Absoltuly PATHETIC!

I just love it when you have a go at contestants that blow it :lol: :lol:

Box 22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: Box 22    Post subject:

Yes, it seems like only two days since I last wrote the same thing. I'm pleased, just as I was on Saturday, that Lance lost out on a big win because he had no guts and no courage and no intention of playing the game.

Endemol - Are you here to win 20k or the play the game?
Contestant - I'm here for 20k.
Endemol - Great, you're on.

Please! No more WIMPS, it is ruining the game.

thundercat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject:

Mark wrote:
Oh DEAR.. people should just go for it no matter the offer!!!!!!

Not quite what I would think, it's the fact the players are taking insulting offers day in day out. There is nothing new to be said. It has all been said a million times before, tells you enough how bad the show is if you could pretty much copy and paste the same post for nearly every game. (No, that's not well done, enjoy the money :roll:)

suszie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:04 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

Well today on more 4 was the repeat of Graham's game, which means tomorrow will be Betty's game, just incase you want to watch a game that someone did have the bottle.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:05 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject:

Well I'm 22 and I would have gambled that.

matthew17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:06 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject:

Last edited by matthew17 on Sun May 17, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:07 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

matthew17 wrote:
Box 22 wrote:
Endemol - Are you here to win 20k or the play the game?
Contestant - I'm here for 20k.
Endemol - Great, you're on.

Please! No more WIMPS, it is ruining the game.

I posted something similar to that on another game round here somewhere... :suspect: Endemol have forgotten about what made their show a big hit ... the contestants themselves. They had character, personality, and played the game back in the days... now it's just dealer after dealer after dealer (I've heard something similar to that before lol :lol: )and no-one wants to watch anything like that anymore.

HOPEFULLY we'll get another couple big wins before the summer break.

I wouldn't pin too many hopes on that!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Old Noel is back, then.

The difference is that this time the viewers agree with him.

That's four deals in six games I wouldn't even have considered! Good grief.

Is that the first time the £250,000 has been on the table twice in successive games? And will there be a Wakeyist revival after it? I almost want one now for variety...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:08 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

Another waste of space blows the perfect chance. I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd gone at the next round, but that deal was ludicrous. And I think he was fibbing just a little bit when he said he'd refuse the swap.

The two most annoying things? 1) My pet hate, picking the newbie in the round after the deal to try to blow it apart (even worse having already knocked back the newbie for fear of the curse)

2) Les. I've quite enjoyed Les in the wings, but I hope Dave punched him in the mouth when the cameras stopped. What a patronising git (couldn't print the real word, but think pigs and you might get there!) "Dave's only had one game, we've had loads." And your point is? Cos he hasn't stood in the studio he can't read the board or play the game? Louise and Slim had forty-odd games between them, played like idiots, blew a fortune and ruined the whole week of the show for me.

When's Blockbusters coming back?

Last edited by Big D on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:08 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

KP wrote:
Old Noel is back, then.

The difference is that this time the viewers agree with him.

That's four deals in six games I wouldn't even have considered! Good grief.

Is that the first time the £250,000 has been on the table twice in successive games? And will there be a Wakeyist revival after it? I almost want one now for variety...

No Katie and Justin both squandered it back to back in Late Feb Early March!

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:08 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Rockjack wrote:
guess student needing the dough but 17k with 4 of power 5 left!! :shock: how can he deal

There are 3 student type contestants on the show at the moment including Lance, along with Paul and Adam. Maybe they're picking students because they know they'll deal early as they need the money? But I'm not convinced at all that the show is picking contestants who are targetists and / or cautious because they must know what boring shows it would potentially produce! Although when a player blows it "big time" like today and Saturday, it does make it a bit more interesting than if it was just an average £10k deal.

What irritated me was how when Dave was actually being positive (about the only one there to do so!), Les said that because Dave had only been there for one show, he wouldn't have seen people win low! But that's irrelevant as each show's different - and thinking about the low wins is what is making the players stupidly cautious! What about Colleen, Karl and Louise who all dealt far too soon? Why not mention them?

I just feel at the moment everyone is being far too negative in the Dream Factory and this is why everyone's dealing far too soon for poor offers on great boards. Like Noel said, it says on their files that they're there to go for the big money and then they change when they get to the chair - and whilst some players might pretend they're gamblers when they're not - I think the main problem for the majority of them is how they keep remembering how games have gone wrong so they cautiously deal - totally forgetting each game is so different!

Big D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:16 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Like Noel said, it says on their files that they're there to go for the big money and then they change when they get to the chair - and whilst some players might pretend they're gamblers when they're not - I think the main problem for the majority of them is how they keep remembering how games have gone wrong so they cautiously deal - totally forgetting each game is so different!

Yeah, well said. I forgot to mention, I thought Noel's intro was spot on. I'm wondering if the Endemol people actually get as angry as we do when people suddenly bottle it in the chair? It's easy for us to sit here and have a go at them, but it's a point someone raised on here before, they can't possibly know how people are going to react in the studio and with real money staring them in the face.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:18 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

It is a difficult time on the show...though this sort of game is preferred to the trainwrecks, we're still more or less seeing under £20,000 won every day.

Last week had a couple good exemptions, but come on - need more gambling!

Lance needed the money, cue pushing offers and he wasn't bullied into going on...unfortunately he should have let the offers push him on to at least the £25,000 :(

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:25 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

What really confuses/irritates me is that all these people seem to think they're dealing really generous offers. £17,500 was absolutely horrendous for that board but Lance was still on about what a great offer it was...if he'd just said "I can't afford to risk that amount of money regardless of that board" then I could understand that (although it would still have been disappointing), but why can no one recognise that these are rubbish offers? :?

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:37 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

Poor Lance. The last two games have been like a recurring nightmare. I suppose he thought it couldn't happen again in the next game... :smt104

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:39 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject:

Yeow!

Stuart your sig says it all...

[ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]