Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:14 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 9:14 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Box 22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:52 pm    Author: Box 22    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I would love it, just love it, if Les won 1p. It would be no more than he deserves. Well actually, it would be more than he deserves for the useless advice he has offered since his arrival, for his useless ability to read any board and for his general pessimistic and negative contributions thus far.

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:06 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Tom22 wrote:
Is anyone else finding this metality of wishing a contestant to basically fail at the game and win the lowest amount just off a few pieces of advice a tad extreme? Even for this forum... :?

Yes, I actually am amazed how involved and intense some people here have become lately over the current run of shows, and this new fad of wishing ill-fortune on contestants is becoming a new low which can be compared, and even exceeds how these people think the contestants have reached an all-time low.

I am afraid to even pose the question where it will all go if the current run continues.I can almost write up the commentary for Les's show now, as Noel will make a point of how often Les is turned to for advice and how it will be an interesting battle with the banker. Then Les will pulled apart at every decision in his game by the baying wolves here who are just waiting for their moment to pounce.

Endemol are getting slated here at the moment for their contestant selection and how it is ruining the game, but they are probably loving the reaction and debate they have caused in this process. This recent run has caused so many people to say they are switching off and never watching again after a particular outcome, but you always find them returning the next day or at most a few days later, indicating that they haven't lost their interest in the show, and in turn Endemol/C4 haven't lost a viewer. There will of course be the comeback that will say that it can't go on and it'll be the death of the show, but as has been seen in the past, this show tends to run in cycles and there will soon be another twist of fate in the show and another topic of discussion that gives everyone something else to feed off, and thus continue the interest in the show.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I can't argue with Kestral there -in fact I've got a guy who now wants to see today's show, intrigued after what he's heard happening lately!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:28 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Tom22 wrote:
Is anyone else finding this metality of wishing a contestant to basically fail at the game and win the lowest amount just off a few pieces of advice a tad extreme? Even for this forum... :?

I have to say I was quite shocked by the reaction that Les is getting on here! The problem with Les is that his seemingly negative advice is coming at a time when the show could do without negativity. Also his inconsistency - where he says "Think about previous shows" one day and then "Don't think about previous shows" the next seems to cancel out his advice and make it nonsensical. We don't know what's been edited out of course.

I don't really agree with the people who say he should win low because of the strange advice he's given, but I do understand how people feel as on-screen it did look as though he rather influenced Lance and Carol into making bad decisions. His comment about Dave "being there for one show" implied Dave didn't know much about it and wasn't in a place to comment. I think this irritated people and again I can see why... Dave was trying to provide much needed encouragement and then Les seemed to pour cold water on it.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:50 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject:

FWIW i don't wish Les a bad game but i would like him off the wings because, intentionally or not, he's giving some very negative sounding advice and with the low morale that the contestants seem to have at the moment he's not doing anybody any favours.

Having said that I think his game could be an interesting one, depending on how the banker feels about his track record.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:

Good point there - basically we need his game to come and come fast, as his wing presence is potentially hurting others, but the anticipation for his game is now high for that very reason!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

matthew17

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:02 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject:

... I'm sure I made another post here for some reason... :?

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:07 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

kestral wrote:
I can almost write up the commentary for Les's show now

Something like...

Quote:
Les' game today. Les has box 4.

Noel says after recent games he hopes Les can win big, but doesn't think he'll be able to as he thinks Les is a *beep* who should win £1. :shock: Banker phones and he says he knows what Noel's secret is, and threatens to show naked pics of Noel if Noel doesn't tell us what his secret is. :shock:

Noel reveals he posts on an online forum about the show and uses the username of "SrWilson" and everyone walks out of the studio. A C4 announcer comes on and says due to unforseen circumstances, today's show can't be aired and instead we get a classic repeat of Richard's game. :?

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
kestral wrote:
I can almost write up the commentary for Les's show now

Something like...

Quote:
Les' game today. Les has box 4.

Noel says after recent games he hopes Les can win big, but doesn't think he'll be able to as he thinks Les is a *beep* who should win £1. :shock: Banker phones and he says he knows what Noel's secret is, and threatens to show naked pics of Noel if Noel doesn't tell us what his secret is. :shock:

Noel reveals he posts on an online forum about the show and uses the username of "SrWilson" and everyone walks out of the studio. A C4 announcer comes on and says due to unforseen circumstances, today's show can't be aired and instead we get a classic repeat of Richard's game. :?

Quote of the week.

And disturbingly close to what really happened.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:20 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

LOL How did you know Noel was my dad?:P

Was quite the intro though I have to say!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:37 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

I think alot of people are dissing Les because they know he posts on here, he has probably gone into hiding, and I wouldn't blame him.

I am a bit behind and have only just watched Lance's show on catch up on internet, but I didn't even notice Dave come on as a newbie.

Yes a dissapointing game with quite frankly a dreadful player. He was inaudible and I don't know how he got on the show. From a glance at the application form once it asked "2what would you do if" sort of crap questions, and no doubt there would be some group cheesy interaction exercises at the audition, so it's a wonder he got through. I did have to chuckle how his girlfriend did look terribly gutted, but only minutes previously said "play your own game". All it did was pay off a student loan I imagine, and I doubt if he even went on his train trip. If he did he probably got on for a childs fare.

I have changed my signature in honour of Lance!

matthew17

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:27 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
kestral wrote:
A C4 announcer comes on and says due to unforseen circumstances, today's show can't be aired and instead we get a classic repeat of Richard's game. :?

Great, if a show gets cancelled and a repeat of this one pops up... :evil: :evil: Thanks a lot. :twisted:

croftrock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:22 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

kestral wrote:
Tom22 wrote:

Endemol are getting slated here at the moment for their contestant selection and how it is ruining the game, but they are probably loving the reaction and debate they have caused in this process. This recent run has caused so many people to say they are switching off and never watching again after a particular outcome, but you always find them returning the next day or at most a few days later, indicating that they haven't lost their interest in the show, and in turn Endemol/C4 haven't lost a viewer. There will of course be the comeback that will say that it can't go on and it'll be the death of the show, but as has been seen in the past, this show tends to run in cycles and there will soon be another twist of fate in the show and another topic of discussion that gives everyone something else to feed off, and thus continue the interest in the show.

I'm sure you're right. But as I've also said elsewhere, I'm positive ordinary viewers don't see the "mistakes" that are seen on here and they don't value gambling to the end as highly either because it makes them feel smart that they would have continued but the contestant didn't and the contestant turned out to be wrong etc etc.

I still maintain also that it would be impossible to cast people who will definitely gamble.

I'll get slated for saying it but I think the show recently have been some of the best ever and I honestly feel I'm a bit more average than others here! Mr Average! Big losses are as good as big wins to me.

[ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]