Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:19 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 10:19 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Wow, OPW on Saturday, OBW today.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

The 1p's been left in the final two quite a lot recently :?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Exactly what I noticed.

It'd have been £15,000 for me today, I know that much. £11,000 was good at 5 box, but the board was there to play for.

Kudos to him - but it was a shame he didn't beat the Banker.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

rico7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:17 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

That turned into a good average game after promising much more just before the disastrous 4th round.
At least it wasn't a traincrash. £11,000 was a sensible deal.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Low five-figure Deal at five-box, slightly more available but could have been much worse. That used to be an average game. Now it's one of the best games of the month. Sigh.

Still, £3,142 is one of the best comedy offers ever.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:01 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

A good show today and Roy was quite a character with his complex system - as Tom22 said, he'd fit in well on here... wonder if he's seen the stats section. :P

Roy's deal was justifiable but I was surprised by how many on the wings said "deal" at that offer. The fact that Slim and Les said they'd deal even though they were gamblers simply because of "what could happen if it went wrong" surely won't do them any favours for their relationships with the banker if they're claiming to be gamblers but are afraid of what might happen if it goes wrong!!

Well June 2008 has now ended (in DOND terms) with a peak win of just £22,000 - I believe that's the lowest peak win in any month! By the way, what's happened to all the banter with Jess / Reg / Marysia / Charles? We had quite a bit of it last week but there hasn't been any (to my knowledge) since then.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:15 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I found that show incredibly boring and by the second break I was dozing off. £3k on a 1p/ £15,000 board? Lol. It was £2k for Margaret with a 1p/ £20,000 board and also £2,000 for Simmo with a 10p/ £20k board... I can sense I am going to stop watching this show. Maybe only up to Jess' game I shall watch it.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:21 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Weren't Margaret's and Simmo's offers £3,000 as well?

EDIT: Yes they were.

jonny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:50 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject:

MisterAl saw this show recording, I believe. Is he around? I wonder if he has anything interesting to say :D

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:29 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

What KP said. :)

That was nothing more than your average game, the 11k deal was one that I'd have been unsure about but I wasn't expecting him to deal as he said he was a gambler but it was a very clever offer by the banker as I was expecting him to offer 10k which was right in the middle of the two safety nets. I wanted him to go on as it was the last chance of the month to get a power 5 win. At the proveout was neither one thing nor the other - not a massive squander or a perfect destruction of the board.

The fact that this was referred to as one of the better games of the month cements the fact that this was the worst month ever. :(

Did anyone figure out what his system was? Was it something to do with the number of times each box had contained one of the power 5, as 4 and 2 were his final 2 boxes, I remember KP saying Wakey had a point as Box 4 had the highest long-term average, and in the book (which admittedly quite dated now) says box 2 has had the 250k more than any other?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

jiveclive

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:29 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
I found that show incredibly boring and by the second break I was dozing off. £3k on a 1p/ £15,000 board? Lol. It was £2k for Margaret with a 1p/ £20,000 board and also £2,000 for Simmo with a 10p/ £20k board... I can sense I am going to stop watching this show. Maybe only up to Jess' game I shall watch it.

Wasn't it 3k for Margaret? ;)

I absolutely agree. I have absolutely nothing to say about this game. If this game was a packet of crisps, it'll be Ready Salted!

Big D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:55 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

I don't think there was a system. After he dealt he dithered a bit and said "I've got my last few numbers chosen" or words to that effect, I think he was bluffing.

And yeah, all the "gamblers" shouting deal at him annoyed the hell out of me,especially Slim, I'm hoping for a good game for him. There's not a gambler among them. Well done to Charles for the almost contmptuous way he said "No deal!" to it!

jiveclive

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:02 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

You don't really think Charles is going to be a gambler?

Harvey had the same attitude and dealt at 20k when he could've had 80k more.

Mind you, it may come to different effect when it's one of the current players games.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:13 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

I fancied box 16 had something good in it...I was right.. :roll:

Aitch,

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:55 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

An average game, better than a couple from last week but behind the others.

Roy was a decent character, with an interesting system. And the "pi" offer was certainly interesting.

Hopefully the late surge in good games at the end of June will continue and make July an awesome month for the show.

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:04 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

James it could well have been, 2 and 4 have had the 250k most, each having the 250k 47 times.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:20 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

An alright game with an average result. Roy is clearly a fan of the show and I thought his whole PV system was interesting and it would of been nice to find out a bit more about it, but of course with all systems it didn't work because no matter how much analysis Roy has done over the years it all comes down to random luck on the day. Perhaps the system didn't work properly because Roy would of missed out on a number of shows that he hadn't been able to analyze due to the fact that they hadn't yet been screened at the time when he was recording his show. :ponder:

I pretty much expected Roy to deal though at £11,000, especially when his expectation was lower at £9,500. No doubt if the Banker had known that he wouldn't have offered as much. It was a reasonable deal, but I also thought it was also a board worth taking a risk on as well.

Also what was Noel on today? Not only did it look like he got dressed in the dark with a really horrible shirt, more so than usual, he then went and hid behind the table, talked to the Banker in that lovey dovey voice and my favourite crazy Noel moment from today was when he screamed "the newbie!!!!!!" in that funny voice for no apparent reason :lol:

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:33 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Low five-figure Deal at five-box, slightly more available but could have been much worse. That used to be an average game. Now it's one of the best games of the month. Sigh.

ditto was a good character and a decent win but like last month these feel good games need to happen on a larger scale i.e. 25K+ and to finally see a few 30K+ wins again! (preferably on average every week or so).

MisterAl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:18 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject:

jonny wrote:
MisterAl saw this show recording, I believe. Is he around? I wonder if he has anything interesting to say :D

Only that there was an absolutely hilarious exchange between Charles and Noel that lasted for a good ten minutes, none of which survived into the final edit.

They were talking about toads.

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:20 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject:

Due to a fault in my recording i missed the first 1/3 of that game and subsequently found it quite difficult to get into.
Not a great fan of systems myself as they can never really work, much better to go with gut instinct on the day i think. Still, Roy obviously put a lot of thought into his system and it did produce one on the best comedy offers in a long time, the PI offer

Dissapointing after Yvi's game to see someone all but crash and burn halfway through, would have been nice to end the month on a high.

Still maybe July will be a better month

[ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]