Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:36 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 7:36 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Like your banner says, "words fail me" :(

Suzi...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: Suzi...    Post subject:

I watched Ann's game in the green room the next day but missed the last part. I cannot believe most of them said she should deal on that! I would have got her to take that gamble at least

she deserved more. speak soon Ann XX

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:01 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

Glad you agree, if only you were there to tell her to go for it...

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Suzi... wrote:
I watched Ann's game in the green room the next day but missed the last part. I cannot believe most of them said she should deal on that! I would have got her to take that gamble at least

she deserved more. speak soon Ann XX

As I said Your group is all negative just as all of them have been recent!

Look how sheepish they all looked when her box was opened!!

WE DONT WANT YOU TO WIN BLUE.... Have any of you actually thought they might have a red in their box!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Suzi...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: Suzi...    Post subject:

1k isnt alot to gamble at all so I defo would have gone for it. I cant prove this but I would

I was there for either life changing money or nothing.. Oh Ill be having words with them contestants ha ha but love them all really but what the F? NO DEAL

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Oh dear... unbelievable. Just as things started to turn in Liam's game we get Ann's bad luck today. As I said earlier... I was hoping she'd either have a turnaround and get the £20k or just blow the game apart and win a blue in style. I thought the deal at 5-box was rather weak really... and I was quite shocked to see nearly half of the others advising a deal.

The banker's gamble at 2-box was a shock, as it meant the final offer was effectively £1,001 on a £50 vs £10k board. :shock: As Roy rightly said, it was a £8,999 gain or a £951 loss on a coin flip... surely worth going for! I was shocked again when Ann didn't go for the gamble, and the £10k being in the box just put the cherry on top of an awful game.

Ann herself was ok, but the game was horrible and the decisions made at 5-box and 2-box weren't the wisest, in my opinion. Unfortunately I think the period since late May has been the show's worst in terms of games - be it due to bad decisions or simple bad luck.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Words do fail me actually.

Fair point she thought £1,001 was the last point to get real money out of the game, especially if £10,000 was found.

But that was certainly worth going for - and with that Banker's Gamble, my oh my it's NEVER being used! :(

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Suzi...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:06 pm    Author: Suzi...    Post subject:

Ann did what she thought was best for her as she did have pure bad luck as some of us did but............. I cannot get over most of them telling her to deal.
I dont normally write on this but that really peed me off

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:07 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

Think these currant players need to watch the most powerful games in DOND history it'll teach them how to gamble and deal probably

If only the boxes went the ****ing right way!!! :evil:

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:08 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

We need the summer break NOW!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Suzi...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:09 pm    Author: Suzi...    Post subject:

OH give me another go! LOL..........I must say I agree with alot of commetns made on this forum now! Itsso not entertaining watching low wins or poor early deals.

Poor Ann I wish she had a group of gamblers there to push her on bless her!!!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:09 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

killersbee wrote:
The independent ajudicator is not doing her job probably, imo :evil:

Well, in your opinion, what's she doing wrong? :roll:

Did anyone see that Pilgrim in the audience rub her head after the £20,000 was discovered? It was the same woman who was having the meal out with the banker in Phyllis' game. She's seen at least TWO banker's gambles now! That must be quite rare, unless you go every day.

I liked Ann but I could not believe she turned down the Banker's gamble. I understand her reasons for bailing out at £1,001 because of her bad luck, but it was lose £900 odd gain £9,000... even the banker is trying to create some excitement but many of the contestants just seem not to take it when maybe they should've...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:09 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

killersbee wrote:
Think these currant players need to watch the most powerful games in DOND history it'll teach them how to gamble and deal probably...

They should borrow the TV and DVD player that is in the audience holding area!!! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

jiveclive

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:12 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
We need the summer break NOW!

So what if we have the summer break....we are still going to have derisory wins and Endemol will be stupid enough to pick out the contestants.

It was just pointeless to gamble on the board.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:13 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

That was very cautious. £1,001, not just at 5-box, but would've shown she'd have DEALT the same amount at 2-box!! :o

We need the summer break now. Hypnotise them or something. They need to smell the roses.

Qwerty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:13 pm    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

Anyone pick up on the editing mistake at the final two boxes, £50 and £10,000?

Not long before Ann's box was opened to reveal £10,000, the £10,000 was removed from the onscreen board like it does on the real board after the player's box is opened. It quickly reappeared again in the next shot, but gave away the climax to the game. Have a look back on the last 10 mins clip to see what I mean.

Overall, an average game. Ann seemed nice enough, but it's one of those games that will be quickly forgotten unfortunately. The Banker's Gamble was a much easier decision in this game, and it was a shame she didn't go for it, as I suspect many other players would have. Think it was put in purely to show a 'reversal of fortunes' and try to bring the overall game out of this poor, low money period.

Thanks to kestral, daniel4389, Tugger, Billy et al who have helped build my image library for these:

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:13 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:

Well it's because either she's:

A. The creator of bad luck

Or

B. She's bribed by the banker

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:17 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

killersbee wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:

Well it's because either:

A. Putting the sums in the boxes that have had too many blues or reds

Or

B. She is the creator of bad luck

I think it's quite hard to control these things when she picks balls out of a bag. I'm sure if she could, she would tell others or put similar amounts in certain boxes... but then that would change the complextion of the game, and it isn't random like it's supposed to be. (Saying that, these runs of bad games are so often, it's almost not random... :roll: :P )

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:20 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
I'm sure if she could, she would tell others or put similar amounts in certain boxes...

And at the moment, it does start to seem like a good idea

greeny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:20 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

KB, you're talking nonsense, shut up.

That game was hard to get into, but that may be because I was watching on split screen with the tennis alongside it. The luck is ridiculous atm, and even though I would also have dealt the £1,001 at 5-box, I'd have taken the Banker's Gamble, which is saying something as I hardly ever approve of it.

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]