Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:04 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 7:04 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

daniel4389

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:11 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Oh yeah that reminds me of something else I didn't like...I thought the way the Banker kept going on about how Ann had cursed everyone's games and all the other players couldn't wait to get rid of her was a bit cruel. I know it's his job to be mean and it's probably just me being over-sensitive, but it seemed to go a bit far, especially as she was having such a *beep* game anyway. :?

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I think they're taking the whole "mean banker" thing a bit too far now. I know it is the banker's job to save money and so on... but of course it's actually the producers who do the job of the banker. They're overdoing the "mean" stuff when most of the players are probably feeling like *beep* already, having seen a lot of their friends win not very much, and it's not helping the show at all!

I think the banker phoning up and saying how she'll reveal the reds etc. did shake her (and probably the others) up and could well have been the reason for her dealing at 5-box and possibly the reason for her not taking the Banker's Gamble.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:39 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

I wasn't surprised when Ann dealt today. She seemed to get quite down about halfway through, and when she got an offer over a grand she took it. I was surprised the 5 box offer was as much as £1,001 though. I expected it to be around about the £800 mark to force her on. I didn't like how so many players said they'd deal at £1,001. We don't need more people who are going to deal, we need someone to do a Betty. And fast!

Duffer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:58 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
It makes me wonder whether they actually realised whether the effective offer on that final 2 was £1,001. I'm sure if Noel had worded it differently and she'd realised it was a £1,001 offer, she'd have gambled it.

Totally agree, I think she completely failed to grasp what she was being offered, which to some extent is understandable - I think I'd be feeling pretty frazzled after a game like that! Otherwise, I think that must go down as one of the more bizarre decisions of our time...

MackemAndy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:16 am    Author: MackemAndy    Post subject:

Well I enjoyed today's game even though Ann had no luck. Was disappointed she didn't take the banker's gamble, as in my opinion, She should have taken it as she was fortunate enough to get it.

Personally I thought it would have been an easy decision to take it. I'm not saying £1,000 is low, and I'm sure most people woudn't mind having an extra £1,000 in their bank account, but it won't change her life, so I don't think Ann made the most of her moment on Deal or No Deal :(

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:33 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Duffer wrote:
h2005 wrote:
It makes me wonder whether they actually realised whether the effective offer on that final 2 was £1,001. I'm sure if Noel had worded it differently and she'd realised it was a £1,001 offer, she'd have gambled it.

Totally agree, I think she completely failed to grasp what she was being offered, which to some extent is understandable

She did ask for clarification though and Noel explained it a couple of times. :?

I think the only explanation is that when playing the game normally, people don't really see the money as theirs and are therefore more likely to No Deal (even though the money is effectively theirs once its offered as they can have it just by saying "Deal"), whereas as Ann had already accepted the money she saw it as hers and was less willing to gamble it. I'd imagine your state of mind changes quite dramatically once you've dealt; the money's then definitely yours and you probably start planning out what you're going to do with it etc., making it harder to then decide to give it back and risk going away with less.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:41 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Noel did explain it to her fully... more so than usual actually. But she seemed to be thinking about something else at the time. Maybe like you say, she was planning what she could do with the money and had switched off from the game.

I hope that's the case... because if it isn't then it just reinforces the cycle of bad board readers we seem to have had for months.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:02 am    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Unlucky Annie,, lived up to her name...It had to be 10k in the box :roll:

Aitch,

dougal18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:08 am    Author: dougal18    Post subject:

It was a woeful decision not to take the Banker's Gamble. Thankfully Roy pointed out the stakes involved. A sweep at that point would have been interesting to find out how many wingers would have took it.

Neilmoon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:27 pm    Author: Neilmoon    Post subject: bankers gamble

if she had had the £50 it would have been referred to as the perfect game but she would have surely got more if she had gone on

croftrock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:42 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
I think they're taking the whole "mean banker" thing a bit too far now. I know it is the banker's job to save money and so on... but of course it's actually the producers who do the job of the banker. They're overdoing the "mean" stuff when most of the players are probably feeling like *beep* already, having seen a lot of their friends win not very much, and it's not helping the show at all!

I think the banker phoning up and saying how she'll reveal the reds etc. did shake her (and probably the others) up and could well have been the reason for her dealing at 5-box and possibly the reason for her not taking the Banker's Gamble.

You couldn't be more wrong in my opinion. It's what makes the low win shows so amusing to watch. And it's really popular with viewers - just not with you clearly! Analysing the game is very different from just watching it for fun it seems.

Just by the by, my info from people at endemol says the Banker is NOT a team of people. It genuinely is one person who does the whole thing; calculations, banter, calls etc. And it's been one and the same person since day one.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:30 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I have to agree with the majority (or I think in this case everyone) that I don't understand why Ann didn't take the Banker's Gamble. I even had a feeling the Banker's Gamble was coming and I thought she'd accept. Whilst a £1,001 is a nice amount if I was offered a 50/50 shot on getting 10X times that amount i'd gamble. I mean £1,000 is hardly going to change your life and at least if you win £10,000 it'd be a nice little nest egg. Lose £950 or gain £9,000...I know what i'd rather do.

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]