Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:04 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 9:04 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Craig

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:57 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
arghh!! That was just a trainwreck of a game!

Great attitude though for a great girl!

Enjoy £250 Suzi!! Deserved a heck of a lot more though!

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject:

She didn't beat the banker, it was a TPW!!! :shock:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

OK now I've calmed down, I can now give my honest opinion.

That was the last show I'll be watching for a while. All through the game it had trainwreck written all over it, the show is getting far too predictable now. And it's really boring me.

Nothing to do with Suzi, I mean if anything she helped make the show better coz of the slap with Lance etc. but this is getting beyond a joke.

The ONLY consolation was that she swapped away the 1p...and in return we get a third £250 winner in less than a week!

I will more than likely calm down as the evening progresses but at the moment I haven't felt so vexed in ages...

This show is at its lowest - we need more luck and bigger wins SOON! And by soon, I mean ASAP! :evil:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Your attitude was a credit to watch, Suzi, you should've won so much more, but at least you made the most out of the situation. £250 is a hell of a lot better than 1p! :-D

Last edited by cookie_monster on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:00 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

I think this is the time to end it. Trying to make someone about dealing £750 with a 20% shot at £10,000... Oh my. Now is the time ti switch over to IVT1 with all the glam and everything. Might not be as funny, but certainly will be better.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:02 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

SOS another train wreck and now after all these £250 wins recent someone will deal early on a golden board tomorrow and squander thousands an thousands through caution. So frustrating!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
SOS another train wreck and now after all these £250 wins recent someone will deal early on a golden board tomorrow and squander thousands an thousands through caution. So frustrating!

I completely agree...let's hope whoever plays tomorrow makes the most of things! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:05 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

*Yawns*...I know it's no one's fault and is all down to luck but the show is getting sooooo repetitive lately. They may as well have just re-run Clayton's game and stuck a blonde wig on him.

The only remotely entertaining bit of that show was Noel at the end trying to make out that she'd beaten the Banker...yeah, good luck with that one Noel...

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:07 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

At least she swapped away the 1p, but I was really quite angry that Noel was trying to persuade Suzi to deal at £750 when she had 2 reds left.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:09 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
At least she swapped away the 1p, but I was really quite angry that Noel was trying to persuade Suzi to deal at £750 when she had 2 reds left.

I guess he's just trying to force some sort of tension and decision-making into the show, after we've had a few games lately where there's not been a single proper decision to make. It would be better if they did that by making more generous offers, though...

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:09 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

All I can say is that she played the game her way, it's just the boxes didn't fall right :(

At least she avoided the 1p club, and that's a good thing :D

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:10 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Bring back the £26,000 deals anyday! They're far less depressing than seeing a player's game crash to a blue finish practically every game.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:11 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
Bring back the £26,000 deals anyday! They're far less depressing than seeing a player's game crash to a blue finish practically every game.

Not only does that sound so right...but £26,000 would seem like a fortune suddenly!!!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

daniel4389 wrote:
They may as well have just re-run Clayton's game and stuck a blonde wig on him.

Quote of the month?

Noel encouraging a £750 Deal on a blue/blue/blue/£1k/£10k board? Makes a change from him encouraging a £30k No Deal on a board worth £15-20k. Not a pleasant one, though. He said earlier he can't influence the game... he needs to mean it. Or if this is being forced upon him, he needs to be true to himself and quit the show. If I were being told to persuade the contestants into making one decision or the other I'd quit...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

The show seems to be going in extremes nowadays. In fact it's been like it for over a year now - the long run of gambling in early 07, the run of cautious deals and Noel yelling in spring & summer 07, the good streak at the start of Season 3 in Aug 07, then the blue wins of the battle of the sexes which led onto the bad luck appearing in January 08 and it's been there pretty much ever since.

I agree it's getting rather repetitive and I don't think it'll be long before they think of off-the-cuff gimmicks to try and spice things up a bit. I can't think what they could do right now, but I think they're having a special summer week to end the season on... hopefully that will provide some interesting games even if they're not mega payouts.

What makes continuous trainwrecks like this more boring is that we simply never get to find out what the player's attitude is really like. It seems to be these days that for every good game (such as Daniel's with good board reading and good offers), we get about 4 or 5 which are either full of poor offers and / or strict targetism or simply bad luck.

Today's show was ok, but I think the saving thing here for me at the moment is Charles and Jess on the wings. If those two weren't there then it'd be really boring to watch these days. Let's just hope Charles and Jess can have good games.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:16 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

KP wrote:
Noel encouraging a £750 Deal on a blue/blue/blue/£1k/£10k board? Makes a change from him encouraging a £30k No Deal on a board worth £15-20k. Not a pleasant one, though. He said earlier he can't influence the game... he needs to mean it. Or if this is being forced upon him, he needs to be true to himself and quit the show. If I were being told to persuade the contestants into making one decision or the other I'd quit...

That was something else I found very odd too. He said he can't influence the game but he clearly does. And he seems to have the wrong attitudes at the wrong time. He seemed to be encouraging people to no deal good offers in spring 2007 when we were just coming out of a gambling phase and could've done with a bit of caution; and now we're in a phase of targetism, poor offers and bad luck, he seems to be encouraging some quite bizarre deals. The players don't need encouraging to deal at offers like £750 right now!

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:07 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Missed this but it sounds like the usual turn of events. The first offer was the highest of the game? Says it all really. I liked Suzi on the wings as well, but I guess it was completely beyond her control. The only crumb of comfort is she didn't win 1p, the number of 1p winners is getting stupid now.

I'm beginning to miss a couple of shows a week now, this time last year I could never envisage myself doing that. I might give it until the summer break then call it a day if things don't improve.

A typical week consists of:

2 or 3 10k - 20k deals that aren't great fpr the board (and sometime a lot more missed out on, sometimes they're OPWs).

Maybe one orange win of about 1k - 3k, either by a consolation box opening or a cut-your losses deal when all the big cash has gone.

And the rest blue wins, either reasonable gambles gone wrong or just pure trainwrecks like this game and Clayton's.

When is something different going to happen? :?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:45 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Another unlucky game, with a player that really deserved more but never got a chance to. Even with another £250, i'm glad to see she didn't win the 1p.

I'm going to keep watching though. I'd really be annoyed if the one game I missed ended up being the game that the show needed. Although saying that, that one will probably be while i'm on holiday in July...

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:56 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

This is just getting silly. If this bad luck continues for much longer, we may get a first or second offer deal.

At least she took the bad luck well today and avoided the 1p club but that's about all that was good about today's game.

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:39 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

See you tommorrow.

Big-Davey wrote:
OK now I've calmed down, I can now give my honest opinion.

That was the last show I'll be watching for a while. All through the game it had trainwreck written all over it, the show is getting far too predictable now. And it's really boring me.

Nothing to do with Suzi, I mean if anything she helped make the show better coz of the slap with Lance etc. but this is getting beyond a joke.

The ONLY consolation was that she swapped away the 1p...and in return we get a third £250 winner in less than a week!

I will more than likely calm down as the evening progresses but at the moment I haven't felt so vexed in ages...

This show is at its lowest - we need more luck and bigger wins SOON! And by soon, I mean ASAP! :evil:

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]